For English speaking visitors

Tukaj izrazite svoje mnenje o straneh, objavite svoje želje, predloge, ideje ...

Moderator: gergapsek

Post Reply
User avatar
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12070
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Tres Cantos, Spain

Post by pepitopulpito »

First of all, welcome to €uroland, Slovenia (a little late, sorry)...

Secondly, congratulations for that downpour of new users and notes... I'd wish that we could have such an interest for EBT here in Spain... :cry:

And last but not the least, the aim of my message is that I'm planning a trip next April to Slovenia with my girlfriend. The idea is flying to Venice, staying there a couple of days and then having 5-6 days to travel around Slovenia with a rented car (making nice dothunting, obviously :wink: )... I know Ljubljana from a travel 3 years ago, and it seemed to me a veeeeeeery nice city and I'd like my girl to know it. The fact is that I don't know nothing more about Slovenia and I don't know where else should I go... Is Maribor nice? Any other places? I was thinking about going also to Southern Austria, maybe Graz and Salzburg... But if there are nice places to visit around Slovenia, I'd stay there spreading my €notes, of course :P .
BTW, if you know cheap and nice hotels to stay... :roll: :D

Thank you very much!!! And keep on EBTing!!!
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
User avatar
Trick
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Lenart, Slovenia
Contact:

Post by Trick »

Whole Slovenia has some interesting places. You will not be sorry, if you will rent a car, and just travel by yourself (of course with a predefined plan :)). And because Slovenia is so small, you can go from anywhere everywhere you want in Slovenia and return the same day to your ho(s)tel (I recomend Celica in Ljubljana, but you have to make a reservation quick, because it is very full all the time - btw, Celica, i think was announced as the best hostel in Europe or even world from "Lonely Planet").

I don't know what you are interested in, so I can't recomend you any places to visit...
You don't have enough money to make me drunk :P
User avatar
romanm
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: Zagorje ob Savi, Slovenia
Contact:

Post by romanm »

pepitopulpito wrote:The fact is that I don't know nothing more about Slovenia and I don't know where else should I go... Is Maribor nice? Any other places?
Maribor is nice, but make sure not to omit Lake Bled with the Vintgar gorge (note that the former is not accessible in winter), the Postojna Cave and Piran, among other destinations.
Last edited by romanm on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
nickx
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Skofja Loka/Slovenia

Post by nickx »

By no chance do not miss a visit to at least one natural cave system - Škocjanske caves or Postojna cave. The first mentioned is more natural and to my opinion nicer, while the second has an undergorund train which is also an interesting experience. Križna jama (cave) is of course a natural wonder with its underground river on which small rowing boats for two are used (and classic carbide headlamps), but it is difficult to get in (a very limited number of visitors).

Maribor is a nice place for me, too (I studied there). Being there, you can take a cabin lift to Pohorje to see the whole town.

My hometown Škofja Loka is one of three oldest cities (besides Ptuj and Piran) in Slovenia, exhibition in the castle is worth to see.

Of course, a "must" is Bled lake with its isle in the middle and the ancient castle above. Bohinj lake is similar, but more natural, here you can also take a lift to mountain ridge Vogel.

I'm sure you can get plenty of information on places to visit from our tourist offices. Although it is early, I wish you a nice stay in our country!!
Last edited by nickx on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maple
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:00 pm

Post by maple »

Wow, Niv€ska. Yippee!!

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... d=14694638

Very important to me. It's my first international hit and it is indeed a honour to have it from the youngest Eurobill country Slovenia.

I also remember that particular bill. It was used to pay my bus fare from Mäntsälä to Helsinki. My mother had just died a little bit earlier and I was arranging things there. Mäntsälä is my place of birth, ca. 60 kms north of Helsinki . I've been living in the capital city Helsinki all my adult age though, ca. 25 years now. I'm 45 years old kid now.

And another thing. And purely co-incidental. It was only earlier this week I had been thinking Ljubljana as a possible to place to visit next summer or early autumn. So maybe I'll distribute some more eurobills in your beautiful country in the future.

Juha (a.k.a. maple)
Last edited by maple on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
nickx
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Skofja Loka/Slovenia

Post by nickx »

... and you can also hunt bears in Slovenia :wink: :D
User avatar
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12070
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Tres Cantos, Spain

Post by pepitopulpito »

nickx wrote:... and you can also hunt bears in Slovenia :wink: :D
NO WAY!!! :wink:
Thank you all very much for all that information!!!
Just look next April for an Italian rented car around there, if you see a guy changing money every 50 kms and a (very nice) girl by his side with a face meaning "oh my God, we stop again!", that's me and my girlfriend... :lol:
Thank you all and I hope to be there next April!
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
slovenec
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by slovenec »

Kranjska Gora is the best place in Slovenia!!!
User avatar
nickx
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Skofja Loka/Slovenia

Post by nickx »

slovenec wrote:Kranjska Gora is the best place in Slovenia!!!
Well, Kranjska gora by itself is nothing special :roll:

But you can drive on through a charming mountain scenery to mountain pass Vršič, altitude 1611 m, and than proceed down to beautiful valley of river Soča. Before you reach town Bovec, you can turn left to another mountain region of Mangart, you can reach by car the altitude as high as 2200 metres. From there, if the weather is nice, you can reach the top of mountain Mangart (2547 m, the third highest in Slovenia) in two hours.
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

pepitopulpito wrote:I was thinking about going also to ... Salzburg.
Funny talking of this on a Slovenian forum, but whatever :D
Salzburg! Go there! Really! That's my very favourite city of the ones I have ever seen. It is comfortably small, so you can see everything in some four or five hours (I spent four hours), but you can also spend more time if you go to all the museums the place has. It's got a great combination of modern traffic on tiny, curving roads that probably date almost to the medieval times, based on their layout. It's interesting how the city's got a tunnel going through a mountain almost in the middle of the town.
But Salzburg is definitely not the place for watching This Modern World.
That's because it also has the area filled with tiny passages filled with merchants selling art and random stuff just like hundreds of years ago. Probably partially made for tourists, yes. But when I was there a couple of years ago, what they sold there seemed to be interesting also to the locals. Back there I felt like having stepped into a time machine.
And then the park behind the castle 8O . I had never imagined such a perfect elfwood could exist in real world!
We (me and my now-ex) climbed up the hill to see the castle. I had 15kg of stuff in my backpack and she had 10kg in hers. Only after ascending all the way to the top of the mountain we found out that the entry fee to the castle was far too hefty for our purses. Very annoyed to the shitheads who had not bothered placing a sign to the lower end of the hill, we got on descending the hill again. And about halfway we saw an interesting intersection, of course turning from it to see what it was hiding. We ended up in the most beautiful place I have ever seen - a park behind the castle. Built on the steep slopes of a tight valley, with bridges crossing each other on several levels and sunbeams shining as beautiful lines of light through the several layers of leaf trees.
I could so imagine a fairy flying behind me. I just felt like being in the fairytales I was told when I was a young kid :)

Meep meep! Loves Salzburg! Meep meep!

Being comfortably close to the Slovenian border, Salzburg is definitely a city worth visiting :)
And Slovenia sure is cool, too. I'm very sad for still not having had the chance to visit it. I have never ever heard anyone say anything bad of Slovenia. And that is well, because I have heard many people expressing their opinions of that country.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
User avatar
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12070
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Tres Cantos, Spain

Post by pepitopulpito »

Dakkus wrote: Meep meep! Loves Salzburg! Meep meep!
We'll surely go if we have enough time... I already know it, went there with my friends four years ago (already 4... uffff :roll: ) while making an Inter-Rail trip and enjoyed it a lot. And it's the kind of place that my girlfriend will surely like... If we go, we'll look for that place you say, without backpacks, of course...
But I was thinking also about Graz which is said to be one of the nicest towns in Austria... I don't really know what to do

BTW, excuses for all the Slovenians... this is not the right place to talk about this... :oops:
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
Niv€ska

Post by Niv€ska »

maple wrote:Wow, Niv€ska. Yippee!!

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... d=14694638

Very important to me. It's my first international hit and it is indeed a honour to have it from the youngest Eurobill country Slovenia.

I also remember that particular bill. It was used to pay my bus fare from Mäntsälä to Helsinki. My mother had just died a little bit earlier and I was arranging things there. Mäntsälä is my place of birth, ca. 60 kms north of Helsinki . I've been living in the capital city Helsinki all my adult age though, ca. 25 years now. I'm 45 years old kid now.

And another thing. And purely co-incidental. It was only earlier this week I had been thinking Ljubljana as a possible to place to visit next summer or early autumn. So maybe I'll distribute some more eurobills in your beautiful country in the future.

Juha (a.k.a. maple)
I am very glad this banknote came so far and I already used it, so I hope the next hit comes soon so we can have a treesome hit :D I got it in a coffee shop nearby my house. You go and visit us - spread your banknotes here, that's an order :lol: :twisted:
User avatar
capitobi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by capitobi »

A warm welcome to all Slovenian trackers also from me!

Seeing the amount of new members growing at this unbelievable speed made me feel almost a bit annoyed about moving to Helsinki, my current place of residence. The first 26 years of my life I lived in Graz and I have been to your country many times, especially Maribor, as it was just a 45' drive. If I was still there I would definitely have gone for some dot hunting in Slovenia by now... But well, I do visit my relatives every once in a while, so I suppose I'll still get to go there this year.

To pepitopulpito:
pepitopulpito wrote:But I was thinking also about Graz which is said to be one of the nicest towns in Austria... I don't really know what to do
As mentioned above Graz is very close to the border and imho a very nice place to visit, with the whole old-town being on the UNESCO-list of world heritage. Check out http://www.graz.at/
Besides, with superuser klapotec living there it is a good place to get hits! :twisted:
Last edited by capitobi on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12070
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Tres Cantos, Spain

Post by pepitopulpito »

capitobi wrote: Besides, with superuser klapotec living there it is a good place to get hits! :twisted:
And another reason to go there :wink:
Thanks!
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
User avatar
Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1749
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird
Contact:

Post by Licht & Feuer »

Niv€ska wrote:You go and visit us - spread your banknotes here, that's an order :lol: :twisted:
Gladly again! :D
Thanks for finding this bill, the 3. hit ever between Slovenia and Germany by the way.
I still remember that post-office in Ljubljana well, my girlfriends was writing postcards and I thought I could use the time to change some bills :wink:
Do you remember where you found it?
Best wishes from Germany,
Lars (L&F)
Post Reply

Return to “Pogovor o straneh in sledenju evro bankovcev (Slovenščina)”