Pooling system banknotes

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij

Post Reply
User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Re: Pooling?

Post by Elmo » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:37 pm

Bebbo wrote:2 €50 notes straight from the bank in Dublin.

M014G3 is a spanish printer. V Serial for Spain.

But the Serial number are just 9 away from each other. Very new looking notes.
If the serial numbers are just 9 away from each other, then it means the
numbers are consecutive, because the sum of all digits and the number
of the letter in the alphabet (A=1, B=2,...) + 10 must be a multiple of 9.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:19 pm
Location: Nokia/Finland

Post by aplfi » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:57 am

We've had new italian 20 € notes for few weeks now here in Finland. I've had short codes J006** and J007**.

Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:10 pm
Location: D - Hamburg

Re: Pooling?

Post by Eurocracker » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:58 pm

Bebbo wrote:2 €50 notes straight from the bank in Dublin.

M014G3 is a spanish printer. V Serial for Spain.

But the Serial number are just 9 away from each other. Very new looking notes.
Hi Bebbo!

Ah - spanish 50 €-pooling-notes in Ireland..., very interesting... 8)
Can you please tell us the four first digits of the serial-numbers? Thank you :)

Eurocracker

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:12 pm

Here I have some new pooling notes: At my postal office I received 3 €200
bills with shortcode R005F3 and serials starting with X0153. The serial
numbers are (of course) consecutive, and the bills still have that penetrating
'euroma'! Image Image Image Image
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Kassel, Germany

Post by joergb30 » Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:06 pm

.
Last edited by joergb30 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:55 pm

I have found some new Dutch €50 bills with serial P1066 and shortcode
G020D4. These aren't exactly pooling notes, because they are brought into
circulation in their own country, but they are brandnew.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Kassel, Germany

Post by joergb30 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:42 pm

a brandnew 20€ note with a high serial number:

S1079* J010I6 31.12.2003

Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:10 pm
Location: D - Hamburg

Post by Eurocracker » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:38 am

joergb30 wrote:a brandnew 20€ note with a high serial number:

S1079* J010I6 31.12.2003
Hi Joerg :)

ITALIAN 20-€-NOTES IN GERMANY
The production of new italian 20 €-notes seems to go on very fast - already the first digit with "1" is reached... . The next difficult step is to find out, if all those notes (with serial-numbers > S 0700000000) are pooling-notes and further, which notes are brought in circulation in which country... :roll:

FRENCH 20-€-NOTES IN GERMANY
I've noticed your big list of french 20 €-notes, too. It's right, a lot of french 20 €-notes circulate here in Germany, but none of my notes are uncirculated, so I can't say, if those are all pooling-notes. Now my question: Are all those notes vou've posted here uncirculated and fresh notes?? If it is so, we have a big problem, because the french way to create the system of serialnumbers ist very difficult to understand - it is a "higher mathematics" :evil: Until now I suspected, that in Germany for 20 €-pooling-notes italian notes only were brought into circulation and french 20-€-notes came from other countries... .

I've to collect more details and I hope, that those details would bring us more clarity - the observations will be continued, of course... :)

Eurocracker

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:51 pm

Eurocracker wrote:FRENCH 20-€-NOTES IN GERMANY
I've noticed your big list of french 20 €-notes, too. It's right, a lot of french 20 €-notes circulate here in Germany, but none of my notes are uncirculated, so I can't say, if those are all pooling-notes. Now my question: Are all those notes vou've posted here uncirculated and fresh notes?? If it is so, we have a big problem, because the french way to create the system of serialnumbers ist very difficult to understand - it is a "higher mathematics" :evil: Until now I suspected, that in Germany for 20 €-pooling-notes italian notes only were brought into circulation and french 20-€-notes came from other countries... .

I've to collect more details and I hope, that those details would bring us more clarity - the observations will be continued, of course... :)
The first two digits are related to the shortcode. You should observe the 3rd
and 4th digit. The higher the number is they form, the more chance these are
possible pooling notes.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Kassel, Germany

Post by joergb30 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:22 am

Eurocracker wrote:
joergb30 wrote:a brandnew 20€ note with a high serial number:

S1079* J010I6 31.12.2003
Hi Joerg :)

ITALIAN 20-€-NOTES IN GERMANY
The production of new italian 20 €-notes seems to go on very fast - already the first digit with "1" is reached... . The next difficult step is to find out, if all those notes (with serial-numbers > S 0700000000) are pooling-notes and further, which notes are brought in circulation in which country... :roll:

FRENCH 20-€-NOTES IN GERMANY
I've noticed your big list of french 20 €-notes, too. It's right, a lot of french 20 €-notes circulate here in Germany, but none of my notes are uncirculated, so I can't say, if those are all pooling-notes. Now my question: Are all those notes vou've posted here uncirculated and fresh notes?? If it is so, we have a big problem, because the french way to create the system of serialnumbers ist very difficult to understand - it is a "higher mathematics" :evil: Until now I suspected, that in Germany for 20 €-pooling-notes italian notes only were brought into circulation and french 20-€-notes came from other countries... .

I've to collect more details and I hope, that those details would bring us more clarity - the observations will be continued, of course... :)

Eurocracker
No, my French notes don't look uncirculated and, as you can see the serials and short codes are different.

These € 20 notes I received from EKK Bank yesterday. There was no (origin) German note! I can't believe that 's coincidence.

S0186* 20 J002G3 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 21:00:27
S0678* 20 J004D6 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 21:00:27
U2457* 20 L018C4 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 21:00:27
U0441* 20 E001A3 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 21:00:27
U0311* 20 L004C1 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 21:00:27
U2051* 20 L016F3 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 20:54:37
U1423* 20 L008G2 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 20:54:37
U0434* 20 L012D1 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 20:54:37
U1215* 20 L006E2 EUR 34125 Kassel 05.01.2004 20:54:37

Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:10 pm
Location: D - Hamburg

Post by Eurocracker » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:19 pm

A very strange coincidence indeed... :? I'm suspecting that a big part of those french notes are pooling-notes, but not all from here. There are a lot of countries, who ordered 20-€-notes from France... . But to proof this suspection we have to watch more informations for a while. The 20-€-note from Italy with the low serialnumber seems to be an real italian note, I think. The same for a few french notes with low serial-numbers (@ Elmo: Thank you for your information :) ) from your list.

Another point: The diffusion of pooling-notes seems to vary strongly by the area. Here in Hamburg there are many french and italian 20-€-notes, too, but not as many as in the area you live... .

Eurocracker

User avatar
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:05 pm
Location: Hämeenlinna / Finland

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:56 am

I got two new 100€ notes with sequent numbers (9 numbers step) from the Vienna Schwechat airport ATM. They were Italian.

It was on Monday.

Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:10 pm
Location: D - Hamburg

Post by Eurocracker » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:51 am

Aaron wrote:I got two new 100€ notes with sequent numbers (9 numbers step) from the Vienna Schwechat airport ATM. They were Italian.

It was on Monday.
Thank you, Aaron. But now it's important for me to know the first four digits of those numbers to cataloguize the pooling-notes... :)
Would you please post them here?

Eurocracker

Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:10 pm
Location: D - Hamburg

Post by Eurocracker » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:53 am

Aaron wrote:I got two new 100€ notes with sequent numbers (9 numbers step) from the Vienna Schwechat airport ATM. They were Italian.

It was on Monday.
Thank you, Aaron. But now it's important for me to know the first four digits of those numbers to cataloguize the pooling-notes... :)
Would you please post them here?

Eurocracker

User avatar
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:05 pm
Location: Hämeenlinna / Finland

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:14 am

Eurocracker wrote:Thank you, Aaron. But now it's important for me to know the first four digits of those numbers to cataloguize the pooling-notes... :)
Would you please post them here?

Eurocracker
The serial numbers were S0497...
They were printed by J.

Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”