Do you usually tell people you´re a E.B. Tracker?
The question appear when I told someone that I was a tracker and that person ask me if I usually tell people about that...
I am curious to know how others EBTrackers usually promote (or not) this project and hobby
I don't run around shouting that, but if there's a situation that somehow feels clumsy or someone ends up asking something, I get on conversating about the hobby.
That has already lead into two shopkeepers becoming EBTers
Usually my friends trust me when I do something odd... they're always ready for such things form my side! Some of them helps me and are involved in the task... others make questions like "What r u doing with all those bills??? No... don't tell me... it's better not to have an answer that to have an answer that I don't won't to hear!" and then submit to me their wallet!!!
Until now I didn't tell many people about it because I feared they could think it was stupid but now I'm telling them because I want to track their wallets
I don't tell in the shops (I'm affraid they won't give me notes as change when they would know why I want those) and certainly not at the banks (then maybe they would look more carefully at the notes and notice they are marked (with the possibilit the notes would be destroyed)).
Some of my family and of my collegues know what I'm doing.
But when we know when Ralf and Cornjac are coming on the dutch TV (at this dutch topic) I want to send a e-mail to all my collegues with the announcement (a tv-broadcasting can tell more then I can).
hoppa wrote:most people I know allready know this is my hobby. But if someone sees me writing down the serials and asks me what I'm doing I'll explain offcourse.
Well, that´s cool, because he/she could register in EBT too, but do you write down the serials in public spaces (like shoppings)?
hoppa wrote:most people I know allready know this is my hobby. But if someone sees me writing down the serials and asks me what I'm doing I'll explain offcourse.
Well, that´s cool, because he/she could register in EBT too, but do you write down the serials in public spaces (like shoppings)?
sometimes in a bar if I know that I'm gonna spend the note that I recieved again shortly. Even at work I write down serial sitting at my counter. Funny thing is that people nicely wait until I'm finished before they start asking for whatever they need. I suppose they think there is a workrelated reason for doing it.
it is better not to say anything and let people doubt if you're stupid; then to speak and take the doubt away. - Mark Twain
hoppa wrote:most people I know allready know this is my hobby. But if someone sees me writing down the serials and asks me what I'm doing I'll explain offcourse.
Well, that´s cool, because he/she could register in EBT too, but do you write down the serials in public spaces (like shoppings)?
sometimes in a bar if I know that I'm gonna spend the note that I recieved again shortly. Even at work I write down serial sitting at my counter. Funny thing is that people nicely wait until I'm finished before they start asking for whatever they need. I suppose they think there is a workrelated reason for doing it.
Yeah, the same thing happens in Finland, too.
I've been doing that mainly in bars and entrance fee collection booths. Interestingly, EBT has drastically lowered my limit to doing voluntary work
hoppa wrote:most people I know allready know this is my hobby. But if someone sees me writing down the serials and asks me what I'm doing I'll explain offcourse.
I don't tell it to everybody I meet, but I also do not conceal it. And I tell about it, if it makes it easier to get new notes For example, if I am on holidays with friends, which still not no anything about my hobby, I tell them about EBT, because I want to manage the holiday cash