I thought i knew many finnish bands I know from these only finntroll, ensiferum and korpiklaani. But does Ensiferum sing in English? From Ensiferum i know only the song Lai lai hei (or something, not sure), and that song is half finnish, half english. But don't know how the rest is...But this song i like, well the beginning more then the end
I thought i knew many finnish bands I know from these only finntroll, ensiferum and korpiklaani. But does Ensiferum sing in English? From Ensiferum i know only the song Lai lai hei (or something, not sure), and that song is half finnish, half english. But don't know how the rest is...But this song i like, well the beginning more then the end
They sing in english, I thunk that "Lai Lai Hei" is the only song where they use the finnish language.
turtle wrote:But does Ensiferum sing in English? From Ensiferum i know only the song Lai lai hei (or something, not sure), and that song is half finnish, half english. But don't know how the rest is...But this song i like, well the beginning more then the end
They sing in english, I thunk that "Lai Lai Hei" is the only song where they use the finnish language.
Good points. In their latest EP called Dragonheads there is a song called Finnish Medley, which consists of 3 well-known Finnish songs: Karjalan Kunnailla, Myrskyluodon Maija and Metsämiehen Laulu. It's sung in Finnish. They also used to perform a funny cover of a famous Finnish 'schlager' by Matti & Teppo called Näitä polkuja tallaan, also sung in Finnish.
Deliberately affecting the note circulation just because of EBT is like cheating in solitaire. Seteleiden liikuttelu vain EBT:n takia on vähän kuin huijaisi pasianssissa.
turtle wrote:But does Ensiferum sing in English? From Ensiferum i know only the song Lai lai hei (or something, not sure), and that song is half finnish, half english. But don't know how the rest is...But this song i like, well the beginning more then the end
They sing in english, I thunk that "Lai Lai Hei" is the only song where they use the finnish language.
Good points. In their latest EP called Dragonheads there is a song called Finnish Medley, which consists of 3 well-known Finnish songs: Karjalan Kunnailla, Myrskyluodon Maija and Metsämiehen Laulu. It's sung in Finnish. They also used to perform a funny cover of a famous Finnish 'schlager' by Matti & Teppo called Näitä polkuja tallaan, also sung in Finnish.
Haven't heard that EP yet, got to check it out, seems to be very interesting.
Luigi_Delvecchio wrote:All I can say is check out the band Tool. They have an amazing singer, who sings also in A Perfect Circle, they have one if not the best drummer in the world, they have a talented guitarrist who also directs their strange videos and the have a bassist who improved a lot in the last record. What can I say, I'm dying to see them on 5 November
This band will be in Jesolo half November too... I'm not quite sure to go to their concert or Placebo...
Good thread indeed.... I've to listen these bands... I supposed Finnish bands are not famous here
I like "Briganda", a soft-rock Italian band. They aren't very famous in Italy because they are a local band from Piacenza, but if you want you can legally download some songs of them from their web-site http://www.briganda.com/audio.htm
One Finnish metal band: Airut. They sing in Finnish, but are known in some foreign countries..thanks to Operation Flashpoint: Finnish Defence Forces -mod, which uses Airut music and has made Airut known to OF:FDF-players all over the world
http://airut.info/main.php?language=2 Tip: My favourite songs are Lyijykyyneleet (Lead tears), Armo (Forgiveness) and Sadonkorjuu (Harvest). Try to download them, it's free.
If you like Hedningarna, a Swedish band called Garmarna is probably also worth checking out.
Deliberately affecting the note circulation just because of EBT is like cheating in solitaire. Seteleiden liikuttelu vain EBT:n takia on vähän kuin huijaisi pasianssissa.
If you like Hedningarna, a Swedish band called Garmarna is probably also worth checking out.
They're both very good, indeed. Other groups include Ranarim, Gjallarhorn, Triakel (more traditional), and perhaps even Värttinä. Hedningarna did record a full CD with Karelian music...
My husband and I love to learn about new bands (one time we picked a lot of €1 stuff in an underground cd-shop and thus learnt to know De Fabriek, very experimental band from Holland? (it's hard to find much info about them).
My husband is making a distribution label for unknown bands: Lood Records. At the moment he has mostly black metal from eastern Europe and some experimental electronic music. We have an own project: Lijn 12 from Belgium and husband has also drum 'n bass project DIAA and trancy project Angelmaker.
Those who like electronic music (industrial, breakcore, powernoise, dark ambient, ...) could check out Maschinenfest in Germany the first weekend of october. I was there in 2005 and discovered a lot of amazing bands.
Beatsteaks for world domination!! Go check them out, especially live they're great And the singer is so good, since he really has that extra factor with his influence on the public and contact with public and all and a great voice as well. And yeah it's punkrock. But much better than average punkrock, since actually you can't generalize their music, it's all so diverse with so many influences
My sister formed a new group with her friends. I think they're going to be called "my garage" or so... I'll tell you
Edit: My sister plays violoncello and bass guitar. Her friends play drums, drums, guitar, piano, sing, and accordion
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.