What do you think, Webmaster please respond

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Inactive users

Post by Sneakster »

HNL wrote:
Craft wrote:Well, I'm definitely against any reminders etc. through e-mail, even extremely polite ones.
I agree. Maybe we can delete users with 0 banknotes after one year or 1/2 year, but that's the limit. It is just a hobby, and we have to respect the users privacy. When a user entered 1 banknote or more, he / she is member for ever. But spamming: NO :o !
There might be inactive users browsing this forum. Maybe they can send an E-mail themselves in which they state they've lost their interest and do no longer want to participate. In result, their accounts could be removed.
Or do you think this is a very strange idea? :?: :?:
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

micro wrote:
Craft wrote:Well, I'm definitely against any reminders etc. through e-mail, even extremely polite ones. ...
How would you feel, if you chose to give some money to charity a couple of times, and after stopping received a mail saying "Gee, thanks for what you have done, but now you have been inactive for a month already. Would you please give us some more money now!" :?
I agree with you. But such a reminder needs not say "You have been inactive! Please come back!"
It could just say "You are a registered user with EBT [bla bla] We want to inform you that we have improved our site in this or that way [bla bla]. Here's how it works: [bla bla]", and end with: "This is not a newsletter but just a singular message. [bla bla]" (Replace [bla bla] with something polite). I think no one would feel bothered or enforced to come back. Maybe a few, but so what? But it would probably lure many people back who just forgot.
OK. The only improvements I can think of where such a mail is allowed are the following :
- the possibility to retrieve your password in case you forgot it. I suspect some user are not returning to EBT because they forgot their password and don't dare or don’t know they can mail to support@eurobilltracker.com for this;
- the possibility to change your email. In this case you can set the email to a none existing one so you wont be bothered ever again;
- the possibility to close your EBT account. The bill info you entered will be kept, but no email will be sent anymore (even not when you have a hit).
Chiel wrote: Currently there are almost 5000 users, which is great. But I´ve noticed that many users are just active for a few weeks, and then stop entering bills. So the figure of 5000 might be a bit unrealistic.
There are indeed almost 5000 users registered. I was wondering how many of them didn’t login the last month or so.
Locked

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”