Strange thougths... to thank

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Post Reply
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Strange thougths... to thank

Post by Jes »

When I was just a little child (8 years old... like that), I used to think a lot of strange things. I usualy thought that Spanish people was the worst people in Europe because I could see them fighting, swearing... so I used to think:

''Hey! German people is very clever! there was Einstein, -one of the greatest scientifics;- also Beethoven, -My favourite mussician!- Immanuel Kant... etc.'' I thought that people in German to be so intelligent and hardworkers!

But one day, a friend of mine, show me a man wich is German. I saw him... He was fat, was drinking bear and belching noisely... I was SO dissapointed!! :(

When I was 8 or even younger, I also studied the ancient greece. And still now I am overwellmed because of the wonder of that civilization: Pitagoras, Euripides, Epocrito, Platon... there were such a great number of philosophers, mathematicians, architects... The knowledge of the world was just there! so I used to imagine greeks as one of the most intelligent in Europe or in the world.

But once again, when I first meet a greek man, I was strongly dissapointed and even him didn't apreciate the ancient history...

Also, I thougt Italian people to be clever, to have a BIG brain, because of the great civilization of the Romans: allmost like greeks!! Even, they were able to conquer all Europe. They used the same coin in Europe as well as we are trying to do, moreover, they could unifique Europe with a common language, they developed the comunications, buildings, art...

But again, I saw so many times in the TV that Italian people was fighting because of a simple match, and they were at least as normal as Spanish people!

It also was the same with French people. When I went to france to improve the language, I meet people who was so arrogant...

And again and again was the same story. No matrer how intelligent was Mozart, because that will not change the present people in Austria.

BUT... few weeks ago, I found this forum and I meet (on the internet) with people from German, France, Grece... and it changed my mind!

I think that wherever you go, you will see all kind of people, but there are a lot of friendly people there. Maybe they are not Debussy, Magallanes, Platon... but there is a good heart in each one.

I specially want to thank all the people that I meet during this last weeks. Specially to Gratoulis, knospe , Dakkus, Spanier20 :wink: ;) and such another great number of people!
Last edited by Jes on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Post by Jes »

Sorry!! I should have posted this in off-topic :oops:
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

How much have you travelled in your life yourself? I'd recommend a backpacking tour to Morocco, since it's quite close. The culture can be surprisingly nice in many aspects. And it can also be disappointing in some other ones.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Post by Jes »

Yes, I have not travelled very much in my life (because I am still a boy, I can not earn money... etc.)

This year, my classmates were planing a travel to Tunisia in July, I wanted to go! but finaly we will not be able! :cry: it's a shame!

(Anyway, I insist on it: It was that I thought when I was about 8 years old, and I "used it" to thank all people here in the forum :) )
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”