Suspicious notes and users

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by 3948 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:18 pm

I don't like this... but no one seems to care.

rt (romeotango) is a known faker. Lost all his bills before.
Lots of ppl on the Dutch forum complain that he's entering his old bills again and scoring the hits he had before.
And scoring hits in serials.
He's entering 1000's and 1000's of notes again.
20 000 to 25 000 a month are 'normal' for rt.

Then I found another user: Isnacht.
With a few hits with rt.
At first I thought he/she was one of the unlucky victims of rt. As they live more or less in the same region.
But now I am convinced it's his partner in crime. Even more... They're probably both rt.
The profiles probably belong to one and the same person!

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/? ... user=88599

I really don't understand. Probably a check of who's entering all the notes (ISP addies) should provide info enough.
Also as rt is a known faker who lost all before, and seeing the same thing all over again...
You can be decent and open to every possibily, goodhearted and giving everybody the benifit of doubt.
But if it keeps going on.... :?: :?: :?:

I don't understand rt too btw.
What fun is there in doing this?
Does he really has nothing better to do? I can think of better ways to waste my time than to enter 1000's fake notes.

He has 6 hits with me. 5 from notes he entered in serials. The funny thing is he stopped scoring hits with me as soon as I complained about it on the Dutch forum. Same for other users on the forum. He scores hits with them, when they mention it on the forum... he stops scoring hits with them.
I rather see my hits with rt removed yesterday than today!

It's about time somebody did something about this.
Last edited by 3948 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:08 pm

romeotango, 54063 notes
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter

Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:16 pm

Danke - Thanks :D
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.

Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:45 pm

Great! I SO saw this day coming. 8)
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).

Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Nerzhul wrote:romeotango, 54063 notes
he's coming back yet again 8O :roll:
Rotterdam #3, South Holland #11, NL #40, Int'l #325
My profile

€€F
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by €€F » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:41 pm

Nerzhul wrote:romeotango, 54063 notes
well done!
If you can't solve it it's not a problem..

my stats

Zjonbelz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Zjonbelz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:38 pm

This afternoon I got an unexpected visit by two gentlemen. They claimed to be Romeotango. They found my address in my profile and decided to come over two me and explain about the way they get their notes and register them on EBT.

We had a good chat and they explained they get an excel-file about every month from an bank employee with lots and lots of serialnumbers, some mixed and some in serials. They showed me those lists. Apparently the notes, also those in serials are long gone when they are about to enter them in EBT as the list is a gathering of the notes which passed the clerk in the month before. This explains why they get hits into serials.

They also showed me papers full of written serialnumers which they get from other people.

After this talk my trust towards Romeotango has risen, but I cannot be 100% sure that they are not fakers. I told them to register themselves on the forum and do some explanation themselves about their unusual behaviour. I saw they have registered now as rt and hope they will do some explanation themselves. But in my opinion their explanation was good and they might be honest EBT-ers.

About the Romeotango and Isnacht issue: they both work at the same military base in Peer and thats why they have a lot of hits together.

So I hope the gentlemen behind Romeotango will do some explanation themselves so you all can hear the story behind the apparent faker... or honest user...

I'm sure this post will lead to a lot of discussion here on the forum. Please don't throw your bricks at me; I am not choosing side of any faker, they just happened to turn up on my doorstep as they live close...

So I hereby throw the ball to Romeotango for them do do some explanation here.

Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:26 pm

@Zjonbelz: Wow, that's some story! You really have to be careful if you happend live close to a well-known faker. Who knows when some lunatic appears on your doorstep. :D

This all shows at least some major will from them! I need to hear more before my head is turned. Even thought they would have such a connection to a person working at a bank and they would be two persons, those amounts of notes per day are HUGE! They have been going faster than any other user, including our major ones. Few of us even understand how much physical work it is to type in over 1000 notes every day!!

I would be interested to hear what format the Excel file was. Not just the CVS file you're able to download from your own stats (maybe they were showing just their CVS from few days ago when they still had notes [=codes]).

Good reminding question is also what were the exact reasons why our admins erased them last time and this time? Something that can still be explained to look fair play or something that just can't happend and must be fake?
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).

Talking Head
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Romeotango

Post by Talking Head » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:01 pm

The question remains why 1/ they never reacted on the forum 2/ why they didn't react the first time.If I was able to prove my innocence, i certainly would have reacted the first time if all my notes were deleted.Strange story !

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Romeotango

Post by Phaseolus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:20 pm

Talking Head wrote:The question remains why 1/ they never reacted on the forum 2/ why they didn't react the first time.If I was able to prove my innocence, i certainly would have reacted the first time if all my notes were deleted.Strange story !
Well, I just want to give the following elements :

they are 106.821 users registered on EBT ; they are only 3613 users registered on the EBT forum (3.3% of all users) ; only a few users go regularly on IRC (how many ? less than 50 (0.05% of all users) ? less than 100 (0.1% of all users) ? )

Furthermore, I have mentionned it already in other circumstances, some people do not speak English or do not fee lcomfortable chatting on a forum. I have heard stories of users, when introducing themselves on the French forum, that it took them 1 year to find the link to the forum...

As Klazu said, it may still be fakers ; but, if they took the time and energy to visit Zjonbelz, I would not believe that they would do it if they were fakers... I don't see the clue...

But let's wait for the explanation !

Anyway, I am very curious for the outcome of this new event. I believe that this event will lead inevitably to an auto-critiscism of the way moderation occurs on EBT. If the Romeotango case does not lead to autocritiscism, then it would mean that other similar situations might occur in the future.

Zjonbelz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Zjonbelz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:30 pm

Romeotango has explained a lot in the Dutch topic, maybe he doesn't speak English very well...

The reactions there a quite positive although some people remain sceptic. Lets see what this discussion brings us.... I'll keep everyone here updated about what's going on in the Dutch forum...

Talking Head
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

RT

Post by Talking Head » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:38 pm

The explanations has been given on the dutch forum. Translation will follow shortly I guess.

kwispedoris
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by kwispedoris » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:00 am

Sorry dat ik in het nerderlands schrijf maar mijn engels schrijven is niet zo best. Ik hoop dat het iemand vertaald.
Ik heb 2 gebruikers die volgens mij verdachte hits hebben namelijk ,eraser_217 en kriek001. Wat denken jullie hier over?

greetz

tomaz79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by tomaz79 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:14 am

I recently had a series of 4 hits with ZzZaspanka.

Three of them were of course moderated:
no. 1
no. 2
no. 3

I got the notes from a good friend who swears they came from a cash machine. I talked to ZzZaspanka on the forum, unfortunately she doesn't remember what happened to the notes. Given the fact that neither I nor my friend know ZzZaspanka, I think these hits could nevertheless be marked as interesting.

What do you think? :D

Quizmaster
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Quizmaster » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:20 pm

kwispedoris wrote:Sorry dat ik in het nerderlands schrijf maar mijn engels schrijven is niet zo best. Ik hoop dat het iemand vertaald.
Ik heb 2 gebruikers die volgens mij verdachte hits hebben namelijk ,eraser_217 en kriek001. Wat denken jullie hier over?

greetz
According to kwispedoris, eraser_217 and kriek001 have suspicious hits.

She also asks for our judgement in this case.
My Profile
-> If you carry notes with you to a distant location, why not use the comment field to tell us (roughly) where they went? <-

Return to “Feedback and Development”