What's your favourite food? :-a

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

I do like fruits and vegetables like cucumber, bananas, kiwi, apple, pear etc.
I also like lots of differnt kinds of cheese, like feta (indeed with tomato, olive oil and cucumber), other goat cheese, brie, gouda cheese (and some variaties on that one), herbs cheese etc. :P
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

by the way feta is becomming an protected food name too like Mämmi
in holland they want to make gouda cheese also protected.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

wouter wrote:by the way feta is becomming an protected food name too like Mämmi
in holland they want to make gouda cheese also protected.
It's strange to be somewere in asia and look in the supermarkt and see Goudse (and edammer for the matter) made in New sealand or Australia
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

And as desert : some Tiramisu (heaven in your mouth) :P
User avatar
pinguino79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:44 pm
Location: Vicenza, Italy, EU

Post by pinguino79 »

First of all: Olivier will win the prize for having created the "Most popular EBT topic" :lol:
I like: pizza (answer to Olivier and Nico: you can ask for a pizza without tomato sauce and just cheese, and it's called pizza bianca (white pizza); no tomato and no cheese: no pizza at all!).
I'm not an huge fan of pasta, I like it alla carbonara (egg and bacon) or with sardines.
Misc infos: frutti di mare means "sea fruits", and rather than eating that I'd prefer a punch on my stomach :lol:
Tiramisu means "lift me up" (yes, heaven in your mouth...)
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.
User avatar
pinguino79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:44 pm
Location: Vicenza, Italy, EU

Post by pinguino79 »

Sorry, I forgot my ideological message:

PIZZA RULEZ
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

Vietnamese
Indonesian
Japanese
Indian
Thai
Italian
Egyptian
& much more

... somehow in this order. Don't ask me why the words form the shape of a funnel, that's just a coincidence :)
And it should have to do with chicken, poultry, fresh fish, or be vegetarian.
K3lvin
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 1:16 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by K3lvin »

Italian food rocks.
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:

Post by Flip the Coin »

K3lvin wrote:Italian food rocks.
Yes, but for breakfast I like it English style... :lol:

Nico
There is no spoon..
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

I like risotto and pasta. I also love hot and spicy food.
My mother cooks traditional Lappish and Finnish food. My favorites are reindeer stew or roast (= poronkäristys) and moose stew (=hirvikäristys). Smoked fish is also delicious. Now living in a town I miss those meals.
Last edited by airis on Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

micro wrote:Vietnamese
Indonesian
Japanese
Indian
Thai
Italian
Egyptian
& much more
What is in the egyptian cuisine?
Last month, I have had a meal in an ethiopian restaurant and the food was very good.
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

cheese, cheese and more cheese ... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

pinguino79 wrote:First of all: Olivier will win the prize for having created the "Most popular EBT topic" :lol:
:D :D :D

I often start new topics... :)
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

Olivier wrote:What is in the egyptian cuisine?
Last month, I have had a meal in an ethiopian restaurant and the food was very good.
In holland the egyptian cuisine is mostly shoarma, lots of the shoarma restaurants are called: cairo, pyramids or sphinx. when I visit those it is often around 5 pm when i get out of the bar or disco i went that night 8)
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

wouter wrote:
Olivier wrote:What is in the egyptian cuisine?
Last month, I have had a meal in an ethiopian restaurant and the food was very good.
In holland the egyptian cuisine is mostly shoarma, lots of the shoarma restaurants are called: cairo, pyramids or sphinx. when I visit those it is often around 5 pm when i get out of the bar or disco i went that night 8)
Here, it's known to be greek, or turkish... at least, it's from the Middle East. :wink:

I like going out to dance at night! ;-)
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”