Yeah, I hate it too. A seminar (Einführungsseminar, whatever that heißt auf Englisch..) began in Sunday and of course many people came a lot late. (Surprisingly enough, they were from the south of Europe, BTW.)
I don't think the DFT (Daylight Frogup Time) does anything but harm to the economy. I'd rather kick it away.
Change hour
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- turtle
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1504
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 9:00 pm
- Location: Everywhere, Netherlands
- Contact:
I'm really against this time change as well.. I like the summer time more though, but I'm wondering, which one is "the real time", summer time or winter time?
Anyways, it has been proved that this time change is really bad..And actually that doesn't need to be proved, because I could just say that myself too
And I don't see a real use for it either, and there are still many countries who don't do this summer/winter time..
And I'd really like to know how many energy this will really bring, because I'd like to know if this inconvenience is really worth it
Anyways, it has been proved that this time change is really bad..And actually that doesn't need to be proved, because I could just say that myself too
And I don't see a real use for it either, and there are still many countries who don't do this summer/winter time..
And I'd really like to know how many energy this will really bring, because I'd like to know if this inconvenience is really worth it
- diogocanilho
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 3329
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:42 pm
- Location: Mealhada, Portugal
- Contact:
- Jes
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4933
- Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
- Location: Away from home (once again)
- Contact:
You have to know that in Spain, the "real" time (which is the sun time) is not the winter NOR the summer time!!!!! it is another time that we never reach! (we are turned out 2 ours in summer and 1 our in winter)turtle wrote:... but I'm wondering, which one is "the real time", summer time or winter time?![]()
That's why people say Spanish are foolish and have lunch or dinner very late... The ACTUAL fact is that you have to quit 2 hours to the clock, and then... we don't wake up at 7:00 but at 5:00, we don't have lunch at 2:30 but at 12:30, we don't have dinner at 9:00 but at 7:00
We are mistreated by the "European time" and moreover we change this hour twice a year

Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
There is no "European Time". Even the Continental European Union alone stretches across three time zones.
Those time zones in the EU are, as I wrote, arbitrary to some extent. It was a political decision, I assume, for many member states to be in the same time zone as Brussels and Strasbourg. Even Portugal did that for a couple of years, but then went back to GMT instead of CET. Would make some sense for Spain too, except ...
Christian
Those time zones in the EU are, as I wrote, arbitrary to some extent. It was a political decision, I assume, for many member states to be in the same time zone as Brussels and Strasbourg. Even Portugal did that for a couple of years, but then went back to GMT instead of CET. Would make some sense for Spain too, except ...
Christian