Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

MetalAtog
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MetalAtog »

If Belem (btw, the right name is Santa Maria de Belém), Benfica and Marvila shouldn't be merged to Lisboa why not create profiles for all the other "parishes" of Lisboa like Alcantara, Lumiar, Lapa or São Sebastião da Pedreira??? In the end we would have 53 different profiles and none of them would be named Lisboa. Does it have any logic??? To me it doesn't.
Crossmaster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crossmaster »

please add the dots of
Zimnicea , Băicoi and Breaza (all Romania).
Probably the last dots I took in this beautiful country for a long while....
Doi merg prin pădure. Unul găseşte 100 de lei altul nu...

Mein Profil, meine NIG-Statistiken.
knospe
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by knospe »

// Gibsonia (ID 146652) :arrow: Gibsonia , PA
// Rio Rancho (ID 146651) :arrow: Rio Rancho, NM
// "Rome (30165)" from "Rome (ID 81387)" :arrow: Rome, GA
// "Rome (07082)" from "Rome (ID 81387)" :arrow: Unknown City (USA)
// Woodland Hills (ID 146648) :arrow: Woodland Hills, CA
// Bloomfield Hills (ID 146647) :arrow: Bloomfield Hills, MI
// Box13 (ID 146646) :arrow: Bloomfield Hills (ID 146647)
// New York-Harlem (ID 146643), New York-Manhattan (ID 146641), Manhattan (ID 146640), Harlem (ID 146639) :arrow: New York City, NY (ID 64444)
// Lehtim�ki (ID 146626) :arrow: Lehtimäki (ID 53841)
Last edited by knospe on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

Vellach :flag-at: 9132 is not the same as Vellach-Bela 9135
http://si.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=126997
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

bzajc wrote:Vellach :flag-at: 9132 is not the same as Vellach-Bela 9135
Of course it isn't. But you entered 2 notes from 9132 Bela-Vellach first, which I assigned to Gallizien (which is the municipality 9132 Vellach belongs to). Later you changed the postal code to 9135, and that new location automatically got assigned to the same profile. If you edit/correct a location, you create a new location in the database, and if that doesn't already exist, the standard assignment algorithms will try to find a mtach. 9135 Bela-Vellach has now been assigned to Eisenkappel-Vellach.
You might try naming locations in only one language btw - either Bela or Vellach would probably be more appropriate.
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

klapotec wrote:
bzajc wrote:Vellach :flag-at: 9132 is not the same as Vellach-Bela 9135
Of course it isn't. But you entered 2 notes from 9132 Bela-Vellach first, which I assigned to Gallizien (which is the municipality 9132 Vellach belongs to). Later you changed the postal code to 9135, and that new location automatically got assigned to the same profile. If you edit/correct a location, you create a new location in the database, and if that doesn't already exist, the standard assignment algorithms will try to find a mtach. 9135 Bela-Vellach has now been assigned to Eisenkappel-Vellach.
You might try naming locations in only one language btw - either Bela or Vellach would probably be more appropriate.
First i didn't know the right postal code. I entered 9132 i got from post.at. That was the only possible postal code listed. Then i checked viamichelin.com and saw that it should probably be 9135, so i changed it. Next time i will check viamichelin first.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

bzajc wrote:First i didn't know the right postal code. I entered 9132 i got from post.at. That was the only possible postal code listed. Then i checked viamichelin.com and saw that it should probably be 9135, so i changed it. Next time i will check viamichelin first.
www.post.at/postlexikon.php is a very good resource, but sometimes you'll have to know what to look for - 9135 is Bad Vellach, while searching for Vellach gives 9132. Often it is best to use a wildcard search if you're not exactly sure about what you're looking for (in this case *Vellach*). Or, if you're not sure at all, you can also send me a P.M. ;)
romanm
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by romanm »

romanm wrote:Uskovnica: 46.320577 N, 13.909501 E ...
Somebody entered Uskovnica to be a synonym for Srednja vas v Bohinju, but those are not the same! Uskovnica (1136 m AMSL) is a mountain pasture where cattle from village of Srednja vas (583 m AMSL) is being pastured. It is accessible via 7 km macadam road that goes up-the-mountain. Besides few herdsmen, tourists, mountaineers and cows it does have few permanent inhabitants. Builings do have the postal number of nearest post office, which happens to be in Srednja vas, but I don't think that notes like this one are being correctly attributed to Srednja vas.

Could you please correct Uskovnica to the standalone coordinates that I quoted?
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

romanm wrote:Could you please correct Uskovnica to the standalone coordinates that I quoted?
The coordinates of Uskovnica in the location database are those that you posted (except for rounding). If it's been merged into another city's profile (if it's mostly pasture, where does it belong to administratively?) the coordinates do not change. The coordinates in the database are:
Srednja vas v Bohinju (4267) 46.2975N 13.9313E
Uskovnica (4267) 46.3205N 13.9095E
So the question is, should this be split up? Is Uskovnica important enough for its own profile, and if not, where does it belong to?
CarlosManta
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by CarlosManta »

romanm wrote:Uskovnica (1136 m AMSL) is a mountain pasture where cattle from village of Srednja vas (583 m AMSL) is being pastured. It is accessible via 7 km macadam road that goes up-the-mountain. Besides few herdsmen, tourists, mountaineers and cows it does have few permanent inhabitants. Builings do have the postal number of nearest post office, which happens to be in Srednja vas, but I don't think that notes like this one are being correctly attributed to Srednja vas.
Sorry for asking, but how can you get 50€ bills there? Don't take my question the wrong way, maybe you have relatives there, or buy milk from the herdsmen. Very often I go on hikes in Portugal, and try to buy honey or jam from the local villagers in order to get some extra dots at EBT. But 50€ is not something I get from change, and I don't expect they have a ATM up there.

Maybe you have a story to share with us, or some tips on how to get bills in remote locations, I am very curious! I bet it is family!. :D
sde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by sde »

knospe
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by knospe »

// Adorf (ID 125573), Twist, siedlung (ID 106496), Twist-bült (ID 106497) :arrow: Twist (ID 106495) (see: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twist_(Ems ... gliederung)
// "Stelle (27239)" from "Stelle (ID 101714)", Twistringen / mörsen (ID 118602) :arrow: Twistringen (ID 106502)
(see: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twistringe ... gliederung)
"Sorge (09221)" from "Sorge (ID 93091)", Adorf (Erzgebirge) (ID 812) :arrow: Neukirchen (Erzgebirge) (ID 66232)
(see: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neukirchen ... #Ortsteile)
// "West (70176), (70178), (70193), (70197), (70199)" from "West (ID 113849)" :arrow: Stuttgart (ID 102706)
// Adorf (ID 810) :arrow: Adorf/Vogtl. (see: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adorf/Vogtl.)

and some older stuff:

// Mirrow (ID 146656) :arrow: Mirow (ID 61690)
// split "Granzow (17179)" from "Mirow (ID 61690)" and merge it with Altkalen (ID 2854)

// Gnoien (ID 32082) :arrow: Altkalen (ID 2854) //
// Luhburg (ID 57075), Luehburg (ID 56938) :arrow: Lühburg (ID 53113)
// Strelitz Alt (ID 133124), // Groß Trebbow (ID 33756) :arrow: Neustrelitz (ID 67073)
// Prora auf Rügen (ID 146600), Prora (ID 76872) :arrow: Ostseebad Binz (ID 10747)
// Bremerhave (ID 146552) :arrow: Bremerhaven (ID 13467)
// Harz (ID 146532) :arrow: Zorge (ID 117345) (matching zip code, and Zorge is in the Harz)
// Boppart (ID 146531) :arrow: Boppard (ID 12100)
// Kempten (ID 146510) :arrow: Unknown City (DE)
// Billigheim ingenheim (ID 10646) :arrow: Billigheim-Ingenheim
Last edited by knospe on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by magpie »

knospe wrote: Gnoien (ID 32082) :arrow: Altkalen (ID 2854)
Gnoien is an independent city: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnoien
romanm
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by romanm »

klapotec wrote:So the question is, should this be split up? Is Uskovnica important enough for its own profile, and if not, where does it belong to?
I don't know. Surely people enter bills from other mountains, too. What are the guidelines for such things? It's still a mountain, although some people live on it permanently. Their postal address is actually eg..:

Planinska koča na Uskovnici
Srednja vas 79
4267 Srednja vas v Bohinju

so if it's not on its own, it has to be Srednja vas. Yet, it is not the same as Srednja vas. Maybe I'll ask for opinion on the Slovenian part of forum and then summarize.
CarlosManta wrote:Sorry for asking, but how can you get 50€ bills there? Don't take my question the wrong way, maybe you have relatives there, or buy milk from the herdsmen. Very often I go on hikes in Portugal, and try to buy honey or jam from the local villagers in order to get some extra dots at EBT. But 50€ is not something I get from change, and I don't expect they have a ATM up there.

Maybe you have a story to share with us, or some tips on how to get bills in remote locations, I am very curious! I bet it is family!. :D
:) It was not familiy and they don't have ATMs. I'm glad you asked, although it's quite obvious: There's this mountain hut, and staying in the neighbourhood for a few days, I was able to occasionaly observe the cash-flow in it. So, when the keeper declared that she ran out of change, I was able to help her out with a few notes and got :note-50: in exchange. It was a win-win situation. :)

The other, smaller, notes I got from the local herdsmen, buying cheese and milk, as quite usual in this position. We're all fed up with cheese until the next summer.
doctorwho
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by doctorwho »

A few days ago, I noticed that when I enter the city Santa Venera (in Malta) using the usual abbreviation Sta Venera, the website thinks it is a separate city. Perhaps this could be fixed in future.

Thanks in advance!
doctorwho

Return to “Feedback and Development”