Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
Tiger wrote:yeah, sometimes I get MySQL errors about 'to many connections'...
just refresh the page, and it works again :)
My damn provider only allows 3 simultaneous connections to the database for my site :(
Anyway... I've just added some more caching and increased the time out for some of the caches
Maybe recucing the updates of generating some stats could help too. I don't know. It won't make a big difference if you update "Top Users in past 15 days", "Top Countries" every 3 or 4 hours.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

emmem wrote:
EuroBillTracker wrote:
Tiger wrote:yeah, sometimes I get MySQL errors about 'to many connections'...
just refresh the page, and it works again :)
My damn provider only allows 3 simultaneous connections to the database for my site :(
Anyway... I've just added some more caching and increased the time out for some of the caches
Maybe recucing the updates of generating some stats could help too. I don't know. It won't make a big difference if you update "Top Users in past 15 days", "Top Countries" every 3 or 4 hours.
Yeah, I could do that too...
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Tiger wrote:yeah, sometimes I get MySQL errors about 'to many connections'...
just refresh the page, and it works again :)
Yes, the last days, I had the same problem many times ... Maybe because of all those Hollanders :lol:
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Tiger wrote:I just sent an e-mail to Telenet, a large cable-ISP in Belgium.
They have a portal site, with all kinds of website tips.

I mailed them some about the site and forum, and asked if they could post it on their site.

Well, it's worth the try :)
Hey :!: :( I had the same idea, but you're first ... :? . I hope it'll work out. Maybe, we'll beat the Germans again :roll: Just like in the old days ... :roll: :roll:
I try also to enter the EBT-url with info about our project in as many asl.to-guestbooks as possible, when I have some time. I had already 7 new EBT by that way. Go and have a look - give a help - at www.asl.to
SUCCES!
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

I sent an e-mail to a local newspaper in Lapland (Lapin Kansa). Today there was a short article in the paper. Readers in Lapland now know when they get foreign euro bank notes. :) But unfortunately there was nothing about this site. :(

The spokeswoman of the Finnish National Bank was interviewed. She confirmed that from now on every national bank is only in charge of producing one or two different euro bank notes. The details are not published yet. So she didn´t tell which bank notes are currently produced in Finland.

Well maybe Citylehti will write also about EBT.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”