Personal wish : drill down on referral-users ...

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Personal wish : drill down on referral-users ...

Post by Skylimit »

Dear Webmaster,

I am currently experimenting to create my own personal tree, and will evaluate if trees can give you shivers ...

I experience 2 problems :

1) There is no way that vkem can see the user names of all his referals, only the last 10 can be seen, which will be enough for most users, but still ... so there is no way for us to evaluate if vkem refers to active users, ore fake users

2) what I was talking about yesterday, going down multiple levels of your own personal tree, would be possible if there is a hotspot in each user's information, called "referrals", which when double clicked, gives you the complete list of the referals this user made ...

In this way, users could track down everything that happens below them ... and calculate their skylimit-ranking.... 8O

Kindest regards
Time is on our side ...
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Personal wish : drill down on referral-users ...

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Skylimit wrote:Dear Webmaster,

I am currently experimenting to create my own personal tree, and will evaluate if trees can give you shivers ...

I experience 2 problems :

1) There is no way that vkem can see the user names of all his referals, only the last 10 can be seen, which will be enough for most users, but still ... so there is no way for us to evaluate if vkem refers to active users, ore fake users

2) what I was talking about yesterday, going down multiple levels of your own personal tree, would be possible if there is a hotspot in each user's information, called "referrals", which when double clicked, gives you the complete list of the referals this user made ...

In this way, users could track down everything that happens below them ... and calculate their skylimit-ranking.... 8O

Kindest regards
I guess I could make it possible for everyone to see who they refered to the site by adding something to the complete lists...
*sigh*// so much to do, so little time :)
User avatar
Mauz
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Tampere, Finland

Post by Mauz »

I would like to know who I was referred by :)
It could be vkem (who's still the top referrer with 127 users brought in) if he's "1954", because I learned about EuroBillTracker in a Finnish newsgroup for advertising new websites, and I suppose I just clicked the link on that message:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=a ... ron.sci.fi
"
From: Vesku (vesku@poispakkoruotsi.com)
Subject: Seuraa euroseteleiden matkaa!
Newsgroups: sfnet.viestinta.www.uutuudet
Date: 2002-03-30 18:33:37 PST

Nettiin on avattu uusi palvelu, jonka avulla voit seurata euroseteleiden
matkaa eri maissa. Palveluun on helppo lisätä seteleitä joko
rekisteröityneenä tai anonyymisti.

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php?referer=1954
"

(Translation:
There is a new service on the net where you can follow the travel of Euro notes in different countries. It is easy to add notes to the service either as a registered user or anonymously.)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Mauz wrote:I would like to know who I was referred by :)
It could be vkem (who's still the top referrer with 127 users brought in) if he's "1954", because I learned about EuroBillTracker in a Finnish newsgroup for advertising new websites, and I suppose I just clicked the link on that message:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=a ... ron.sci.fi
"
From: Vesku (vesku@poispakkoruotsi.com)
Subject: Seuraa euroseteleiden matkaa!
Newsgroups: sfnet.viestinta.www.uutuudet
Date: 2002-03-30 18:33:37 PST

Nettiin on avattu uusi palvelu, jonka avulla voit seurata euroseteleiden
matkaa eri maissa. Palveluun on helppo lisätä seteleitä joko
rekisteröityneenä tai anonyymisti.

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php?referer=1954
"

(Translation:
There is a new service on the net where you can follow the travel of Euro notes in different countries. It is easy to add notes to the service either as a registered user or anonymously.)
User 1954 is indeed vkem

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... 48&id=1954

but last active 26/04/2002 is already a long time ago :(
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

emmem wrote: but last active 26/04/2002 is already a long time ago :(
vkem learnt the Finns how to EBT ... May the Euro be with him; give the man a statue (he may not even be aware of this) dust to dust ...

If we could browse in the referral tree of any given user, this would learn us a lot ! who's who, and who's connected, who made us big, and who is solo ... who brought who in ... are they real or fake. Who has a strong network, who has a fake network

Learn all about it in the refferal-multilevel-tree,
COMING SOON ON THIS SITE :wink:
Time is on our side ...
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Skylimit wrote: Learn all about it in the refferal-multilevel-tree,
COMING SOON ON THIS SITE :wink:
A couple more hundred messages about this and I'll give in ;)
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

I will post a couple of hundred against that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Mr Euro wrote:I will post a couple of hundred against that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Err... wait me clear something up and then tell me if you're really against it:
currently users cannot see all the people they refered to the site unless they have fewer than 10. I intend to make that possible.
Until I have some form of privacy management for user information this info will not be available to other users
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

EuroBillTracker wrote:privacy management for user information
I have thought about it... but of course I didn't bring it up myself, because it's hard enough as it is :(

Anyway, a user should definitely have the opportunity to stay anonymous if he likes to, and to make his personal referral tree, invisible to others ...

(Which does not mean that the information cannot be used by the webmaster to make some calculation on basis of trees, in which case we should have to accept that they are correct, and no verification would be possible ... :cry: ) )

Nonetheless, privacy is definitely something i value very much ... so even I, would like to have the opportunity to make this info invisible to others ... 8O
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
Mr Euro wrote:I will post a couple of hundred against that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Err... wait me clear something up and then tell me if you're really against it:
currently users cannot see all the people they refered to the site unless they have fewer than 10. I intend to make that possible.
Until I have some form of privacy management for user information this info will not be available to other users
I was just kidding. I would never send hundred mails against something.
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

This discussion is closed.

:wink:
Time is on our side ...
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”