Summer EBTM09: Important Reminder!

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Summer EBTM09: Important Reminder!

Post by Mr Euro »

Hey,

Since there are loads of new members coming to our official Eurobilltrackermeeting, I would like to remind you to the following.

The meeting is not to get hits with eachother. Those hits will be moderated as meetinghits.

So please do mind next guidelines:

* Bring only 5 euronotes or coins to the meeting
* If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes. The organisers will not enter them in EBT, so they will not get moderated (They will get spend in Vienna/Bratislava area so it's in your advantage as well)
* If you spend money during the meeting (to get lunch, drink, ...) consider also using 5-ers.
* The notes you receive on the days of the event, should always get "S-EBTM09 Vienna" in the commentfield.

Exception:
The only exception is the Oenb/ Austria National Bank, in principal you will not generate meetinghits there. In all other cases, it's recommended to use 5-ers at the meeting, otherwise your hits will be moderated as friendly meetinghits.

And a tip of a "diehard" meetingexpert

* Don't go changing your money in banks near the meetingpoint, chances are enormous that another ebt-member already been there before you. And the resulting hits will be moderated to uninteresting.

Please spread the word!

Thanks!
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Summer EBTM09: Important Reminder!

Post by maarsy »

:roll: just a question

if we are only to bring :note-5: how can we change bigger notes for smaler ones at the national bank

:| im sure we can bring something bigger for the national bank
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -STAR- »

maarsy wrote: if we are only to bring :note-5: how can we change bigger notes for smaler ones at the national bank :|
im sure we can bring something bigger for the national bank
Of course you can bring larger denominations for the change at OeNB. However, be aware of the rather strict recycling rules in place there.
If your bills are not in perfect or at least very good condition, they are likely to be destroyed after the change.

Rgds, Franz
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

-STAR- wrote:
maarsy wrote: if we are only to bring :note-5: how can we change bigger notes for smaler ones at the national bank :|
im sure we can bring something bigger for the national bank
Of course you can bring larger denominations for the change at OeNB. However, be aware of the rather strict recycling rules in place there.
If your bills are not in perfect or at least very good condition, they are likely to be destroyed after the change.

Rgds, Franz

:roll: realy ,think about it
destroying banknotes 8O wat kind of criminals do we have working at our banks
( dont worry i have some nice notes to change ( wil only use notes printed in austria to chane ( it means that i wil bring them back were they came from ) ) and some less nicer notes il pay mi food with :roll: ( and some stamped ( first hit today since i stamp the eurobilltracker link on it , :mrgreen: i got us a new user dont i get a reffer )))
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Indead, the only exception is the Oenb/ Austria National Bank, because in principal you will not generate meetinghits there.

In all other cases, it's recommended to use 5-ers at the meeting, otherwise your hits will be moderated as friendly meetinghits.

Updated page one.
Puupenni - Wooden Penny
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Puupenni - Wooden Penny »

This might sound rather HERETIC but.

The profound philosophy of EBT is twofold. What is this all about? Is EBT in it's very essence tracking or is it scoring? You tell me.

According to the opening sentence of the Mission Statement of EBT "EuroBillTracker (EBT) is an international non-profit volunteer team dedicated to tracking Euro notes around the world." This statement refers to the tracking dimension of the philosophy of EBT. You want to know where the note that have in your hand comes from and where is it heading to. You want to know it and so do we.

On the other hand tracking notes would not make sense from the personal point of view for an average ebter if you could not get any credit from it. Having a hit is what all the ebters want. Me too. I call it scoring. EBT as scoring is vital to EBT. This motivation point of view is the other profound dimension of EBT philosophy.

The problem is how these two profound dimensions of the philosophy of EBT can be put together.

The rarer the hit, the better. Hits that can be obtained too easily are worthless. That is why strict rules are needed. From the scoring point of view of the philosophy of EBT the rule "use only 5ers in EBTMs" is quite understandable. Though from the tracking point of view of the philosophy of EBT it would be most recommendated that people in EBT meetings would use money as normal. There would be dozens of notes found there. We would know so much more about these very notes.They would be so much richer when it comes to micro history. Very interesting hits from the point of view of tracking notes and so lousy hits from the point of view of scoring.

Notes are normally entered where they are got. It is quite rare that people mention in the comment field where the notes were used. Having these friendly hits would tell so much indeed about the mystical ways the notes travel. Some more moderated hits - who the f**ing cares.

As an conclusion I would dare to recommend to use only fivers during the summer EBTM09 and always tell in the comment field the history of the note. Please. After five years or so we should come back to this discussion.

In the comment field you can tell so many things like the condition and scribblings on note, or that the sun is shining and you feel fine - I feel fine - that today your boss was almost human, your beloved said and did this and that - you tell me. Things that won't make too much sense are the best comments ever.

There is Hair going on the Finnish TV so I have to run. Whenever listening to it notice the "jaco-kind-of" bass, please.

Yours

-nny Puupenni W enpe
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Gnaeus »

I'm just a bit curious about what defines a "meetinghit".

Since Vienna has over 2 million entered notes, odds are good that any person changing money during their stay in Vienna will get at least one hit. So if a participant in the EBTM finds one of my bills while here, even if I entered it 5 months ago, it still will be moderated as a meetinghit? That sounds a bit crazy, so I assume I am misunderstanding something. :?

Similarly, if I find an EBTM participant's :note-5: three months from now, that they dropped here during the EBTM, this counts as a meetinghit or not?

Can someone please clarify? :?: :?:

Thanks!
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Gnaeus wrote:I'm just a bit curious about what defines a "meetinghit".

Since Vienna has over 2 million entered notes, odds are good that any person changing money during their stay in Vienna will get at least one hit. So if a participant in the EBTM finds one of my bills while here, even if I entered it 5 months ago, it still will be moderated as a meetinghit? That sounds a bit crazy, so I assume I am misunderstanding something. :?

Similarly, if I find an EBTM participant's :note-5: three months from now, that they dropped here during the EBTM, this counts as a meetinghit or not?

Can someone please clarify? :?: :?:

Thanks!
It's like always, you have 2 kinds of hits: Interesting and non-interesting.

Meetinghits considered uninteresting are hits between participants which happened during the meeting and are generated during the meeting or somewhat near the meetingdays. Those hits will be moderated
Example1: Participant X paid in a pub with a 20-er, Participant Y receives the 20-er same evening in same pub
Example2: Participant X changes money in a bank, Participant Y changes the day after in the same bank money and receives bills of participant X

Meetinghits considered interesting are hits which happened because of the meeting, but aren't generated artificial. Those hits will not be moderated
Example 1: Participant X paid in a pub with a 20-er and receives a bill wich any other EBT-er (even the participants) entered months ago and didn't bring to the meeting
Example 2: Participant X changes money in a bank, and any other EBT-er (even the participants) finds it weeks/months later.

To prevent uninteresting hits, bring 5-ers and don't go changing bills in the neighbourhood of the meetingplaces.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

As Mr. Euro explained : just bring fivers and don't exchange in close banks.

The thing is that moderators easily become upset when seeing loads of meetinghits to be moderated.

Again, these moderators are volunteers and should not be given unnecessary job...

When you go for a pic-nic in the woods, you don't drop your litter in the woods... Well, if you go to a EBTM, you try not to generate meeting-hits. :lol:
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Gnaeus »

Much more clear now. Many thanks. I'll try to avoid dropping complete bundles of :note-5: on the sidewalks near the meeting spots. :lol:
Miras-Etrin
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Miras-Etrin »

Hello,

understand I it right, it is not allowed to change some notes in vienna and bratislava during the meeting, because alle hits will be moderated? :cry:

Why come I to vienna, I want want see friends and CHANGE money and I hope for some hits. Okay I understand 150€ travel costs for nothing.

Bernd
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -STAR- »

Miras-Etrin wrote:understand I it right, it is not allowed to change some notes in vienna and bratislava during the meeting, because alle hits will be moderated? :cry:
Why come I to vienna, I want want see friends and CHANGE money and I hope for some hits. Okay I understand 150€ travel costs for nothing.
Of course not. But it is not advisable to exchange your notes in the vicinity of the meeting points, because hits are likely to occur
during the meeting days or even within hours, when other trackers visit the same locations as you do.

That's the reason why all notes obtained during the meeting shall carry "S-EBTM'09" (or something similar) in the comment field.
In order to avoid meeting hits, we suggest only using :note-5:-ers when you are together with other meeting participants.

If you exchange your notes somewhere in Vienna and have hits with other users after a runtime of weeks or even months, the hits count of course.
Also, if your exchanged notes are found after a certain time span by local users - or even somewhere else - they count as regular hits as well.

Rgds, Franz
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

I will only get bills from the official change at the OENB, from banks close to my hotel (which is not to close to the center) and from ATMs who are not likely to provide meeting hits, but that should be enough.
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

Gnaeus wrote:
Since Vienna has over 2 million entered notes, odds are good that any person changing money during their stay in Vienna will get at least one hit. So if a participant in the EBTM finds one of my bills while here, even if I entered it 5 months ago, it still will be moderated as a meetinghit? That sounds a bit crazy,
:mrgreen: http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=54886745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=54886745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “International EBT-meetings”