POSTCODES

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

ZEUS
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

POSTCODES

Post by ZEUS »

Now back from holidays, I entered the Euronotes I got in different places.

It was very timeconsuming to find the postcodes of the towns - allways put the name to google and then find an address.

Does somebody of trackers know, if and where you can find easyly the postcodes? Country and then townname ?
The EURO is the best Money in the World.
US-Dollars will fall to sea-side-level when have to pay back all the foreign debts of America.

Why the World is financing the huge Budget deficit of the Bush-Administration ???
ZEUS
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Map of town hits in the profile

Post by ZEUS »

I entered some notes from arround the baltic sea.

Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki were shown at once.
But entries from Poland, Russia and Estonia did not show.

What is the reason?
US-Dollars will fall to sea-side-level when have to pay back all the foreign debts of America.

Why the World is financing the huge Budget deficit of the Bush-Administration ???
Bakelandt
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Bakelandt »

For every postal code entered, the map coordinates have to be known in the database.
For new postal codes, it may take a while before the responsible people have entered these coordinates.
:flag-be: Bakelandt
Map
Hits
Ernst
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Ernst »

If the town hasn't been entered before, it is not in the database. Then it shows up automatically in the to do list of the moderators. Give them some time and the dots will show on your map!

For almost every country there is a postcode search on the internet. There is a collection of some of them:http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtopic.php?t=3200
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Map24.com is pretty nice for the major cities of Europe. It's also pretty cool-looking map service. :)
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
ZEUS
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by ZEUS »

Ernst wrote:If the town hasn't been entered before, it is not in the database. Then it shows up automatically in the to do list of the moderators. Give them some time and the dots will show on your map!

For almost every country there is a postcode search on the internet. There is a collection of some of them:http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtopic.php?t=3200
Thank you for this hint.

Concerning the moderators, they have for such outside EU-Zone places a difficult job to do. For Country capitals it may be easy, but what, if you get the note in a small village and you do not know the postal code.
I propose for such a case, that we should indicate in the post-code-box the nearest big town.

Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

peter_at
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by peter_at »

Klazu wrote:Map24.com is pretty nice for the major cities of Europe. It's also pretty cool-looking map service. :)
What are the major cities of Europe? Vienna definitely is none of them :lol: , because the postal codes are completely mixed up here.

Since I do not know many postal codes by heart, I tried Bielefeld in Germany,where I have spent the last three weeks. Well, this city
has only 300.000 inhabitants, whence the situation is even worse. Only one postal code out of 10 or 20 is mentioned - and it is wrong.

So I will not trust this site. :(
scb
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Greek postal codes

Post by scb »

They can be found at http://www.postal.gr
Flamero
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Flamero »

And if you are looking for finnish postal codes go to www.posti.fi
Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Viperazzi »

Flamero wrote:And if you are looking for finnish postal codes go to www.posti.fi
For every single Finnish postal/zip code, go to http://www.posti.fi/postinumeroluettelo and then click on the link "In English" at the bottom of the page. :D
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

For the (very few) Dublin post codes you might need, this page can help:

http://www.dublintourist.com/General_In ... odes.shtml

Instead of Postcodes, for Ireland you should enter the County code. Here are the coutny codes for Ireland:

Carlow: CW
Cavan: CN
Clare: CE
Cork: C
Donegal: DL
Dublin: D (Parts of county Dublin do not have Postcodes)
Galway: G
Kerry: KY
Kildare: KE
Kilkenny: KK
Laois: LS
Leitrim: LM
Limerick: LK
Longofrd: LD
Louth: LH
Mayo: MO
Meath: MH
Monaghan: MN
Offaly: OY
Roscommon: RN
Sligo: SO
Tipperary: TN (North) TS (South)
Waterford: W or WD
Westmeath: WH
Wexford: WX
Wicklow: WW

The 6 counties in Northern Ireland have postcodes.
Last edited by Fjon on Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

peter_at wrote:
Klazu wrote:Map24.com is pretty nice for the major cities of Europe. It's also pretty cool-looking map service. :)
What are the major cities of Europe? Vienna definitely is none of them :lol: , because the postal codes are completely mixed up here.

Since I do not know many postal codes by heart, I tried Bielefeld in Germany,where I have spent the last three weeks. Well, this city
has only 300.000 inhabitants, whence the situation is even worse. Only one postal code out of 10 or 20 is mentioned - and it is wrong.

So I will not trust this site. :(
Wow, I didn't know that. I tried now re-tried that service and it really seems that sometimes it's information is correct and sometimes it's total bullsh*t. So I either won't trust this site anymore - hope you also won't! :(
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
peter_at
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by peter_at »

For those who do not like french, I post the link to the Austrian post codes in this topic, too.

PS: Maybe it would be a good idea to make this topic sticky. The question about post codes is asked regularly, and every time a new topic is opened. Of course it is a question of netiquette to use the search function before posting, but people are lazy, me too. :oops:
And I think that this collection of links (as well as the french collection) is quite useful for everybody.
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by HNL »

Seems a nice addition to the FAQ on EuroBillTracker.com.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”