DoubleYou wrote:TC wrote:if i have time to put it on 2 site (

) why not 3...

2? which 2? I only know eurobilltracker.com and my site. If I got the permission of EuroBillTracker I tell it here on the forum.
Hello,
here speaks another such site!
To the last count it were six such sites, see [...]. DoubleYou, are you one of them?
Actually, I also got some trouble in this forum with one of the moderators - not with the webmasters one has to say! - about posting the name of my site, see the track "Attention Thomas Hagemann" (
http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtopic.php?t=226), but we should be realistic:
No site would like to close just because EBT has the most notes. Each site has its own merits (mine: its the only site handling also "foreign" coins, having some general info, news and: the best statistics and possibilities to search the database; others are using geographical information in tracking notes, ...), and we all should think about coexisting and cooperating instead.
For me, cooperating can only mean that euro note data are exchanged, since I'm interested in statistics (where appears when what kind of euro money) and the structure of the serial numbers, and no other site can give me this information, so I have to collect it myself.
I have no problems to provide "my" notes in return to other sites which concentrate on tracking and collecting "hits".
[BTW, hits are very unprobable (e.g. notes' life span is a few months to years at most for the smaller denominations) and it takes quite some time to have a genuine tripple or even higher order hit (which is necessary to really speak of "tracking" a note). Therefore, I find "artificial" hits much more interesting: you take a note, register it, give it to a friend and ask her to register it and to give it to a friend asking him to register it and giving it to a friend asking ... ... ... In that way you get a "sociogram" of a community. You might even be able to prove the "small world problem" by Milgram that says something like "it takes at most 7 hops to get from any person to any other person by way of acqaintances"

But following EBT's forum, I learned that EBT users are not tolerating such kind of hits; hits are even moderated. OK, that's EBT's choice - other sites have other choices ...]
So, how - if at all - to cooperate? In the moment I have no idea what kind of programming would be necessary to "synchronize" the data bases of the different sites regulary.
Any ideas?
Any volunteers to do the PHP-programming?
Have a nice stay at your favourite site, best regards from Bonn,
Thomas aka [...], registering euros since Januray 1, 2002