W-EBTM 2011: Post your candidacy here!

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

W-EBTM 2011: Post your candidacy here!

Post by rlaurenssen »

Hello Everyone,

This year we decided to put the tread for the Winter Meeting earlier than last year, so that the candidates have more time .
Initially the winter meeting is supposed to be a light version of a meeting

What do we mean by a light version?

* Only one evening where we can all eat and drink together
* One day program is enough, no need for fancy trips, just a walk through the city is enough
* It doesn't have to be a national capital
* Countries which have already organised a EBTM can organise a new one.

Still if you want to organise a full EBTM don't hesitate to do so!

Requirements/conditions/guidelines for organisers

* Two organisers or more. One will be appointed as the main organiser
* The main organiser is at least 21 years old
* The main organiser should be able to communicate in English
* At least one of the organisers should have participated in an official international Eurobilltrackermeeting
* At least one of the organisers should live in or know the city where the event will take place very well
* At least one of the organisers should have organised a national EBT meeting

Requirements/conditions/guidelines for candidate city

* The city should have a certain touristic appeal. International EBTM participants will stay for more than one day.
* The city should be located near an international airport. If the city doesn't have an airport, it should have at least railway connection to an international airport.
* There should be youth hostels nearby where people can stay cheap.
* There should be a few restaurants which are able to have a large group of people eating there or two/three restaurants located near each other which can handle some smaller groups.

Remember this a checklist. If a candidate doesn't match any of these conditions, they still can be a candidate to organise an official international eurobilltracker meeting.
Still, the more requirements a candidate organising team has, the more credibility the candidacy has.

Candidates place your candidacy here in this thread before October 17th . If you do so, give us the name(s) of the organising team, the city you want to organise Winter EBTM'11 and the dates that you can organise it. A detailed schedule of the event is not needed, the big lines are appreciated.

Please, keep this thread for candidates only!

Note: A organizing team can apply for both the summer and winter meetings, but can only organize one of them.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: W-EBTM 2011: Post your candidacy here!

Post by eddydevries »

There hasn't been posted a candacy, yet.

Does it mean, no-one wants to organize the winter-meeting?
Or are you still thinking of it?

(it's just one week until closingtime)
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Looks like there will be no winter meeting in 2011 :( :?
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rlaurenssen »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

At the moment we don't have a candidate yet, so we have decided to extend the deadline to October 17th.
If there are no candidates, I will provide a alternative, which i will explain later, so hold tight :D .
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rlaurenssen »

As promised, here is my alternative for the Winter meeting 2011. If there are no candidates before October 17th, I will provide a alternative meeting in
Germany/the Netherlands.

My idea is to let everyone stay in the same hotel. In Kalkar Germany there is a facility called "Kernwasser Wunderland". The website
is only available in Dutch and German. This facility was build to be used as a nuclear power plant, but due to high costs and resistance from the local population it was never used.
In 1995 the Dutchman Hennie van der Most bought the property and transformed it into a hotel.

I informed at this hotel and it is possible for me to make a special price. A 3 night package for the price of 2 nights wich will cost roughly €150,-. This is including
3 nights, 3x Breakfast, 2x Lunch, 3x Diner, small snacks in between meals, drinks (also alcoholic beverages) and use of many sport and game facilities.

During the stay in the hotel we can do different kind of activities like, a visit to the city of Nijmegen (the oldest city in the Netherlands) and there are a few amusement parks
in the area. There is enough to do here, I just have to make some choices :) .

The area is accessible by air, Weeze airport (mainly ryanair) and Dusseldorf airport are close by.
Weeze has flights from:

:flag-it: : Trieste, Venice, Ancona, Bari, Bologna, Milan, Lamezia, Rome, Pisa, Trapani, Cagliari and Alghero.
:flag-es: : Girona, Barcalona, Reus, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Valencia, Alicante, Almeria, Malaga, Madrid, Sevilla, Valladolid, Santander, Tenerife, Grand Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
:flag-pt: : Faro and Porto
:flag-ie: : Kerry
:flag-fi: : Lappeenranta

Dusseldorf has flights from:

:flag-at: : Graz, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, Linz, Salzburg and Vienna
:flag-it: : Catania, Lamezia-Terme, Milan, Naples, Olbia, Rome, Turin and Venice.
:flag-es: : Alicante, Almeria, Barcelona, Bilbao, Fuertevantura, Ibiza, Jerez de la Frontera, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Madris, Menorca, Malaga, Mallorca,
Santa Cruz, Sevilla, Tenerife North, Tenerife South and Valencia.
:flag-pt: : Faro, Madeira, Lisboa and Ponta Delgada.
:flag-fr: : Lyon, Nice, Paris - Charles de Gaulle, Paris - Orly and Toulouse.
:flag-fi: : Helsinki and Kuusamo.
:flag-ie: : Dublin.
:flag-si: : Ljubljana.
:flag-mt: : Luqa Airport.
:flag-cy: : Larnaca and Paphos.
:flag-gr: : Athens, Chania - Kreta, Heraklion - Kreta, Karpathos, Kavala, Kerkyra, Patras-Araxos, Kos, Prevesa, Rhodos, Samos, Thira and Thessaloniki.

Of course the area is also available by car and train.

I will also take care of transportation, to and from the airports (if needed) and also for the excursions.

If this meeting is going to take place I will place a poll for the dates (somewhere in Januari, Februari or March), weekend or midweek (Weekend is a little bit more expensive, midweek
is great for visiting banks). In case of a candidate before October 17th, I will cancel my candidacy, so let's see if someone will come forward :D .
efeesse
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by efeesse »

If it's suppose to say something, the suggestion made by rlaurenssen looks very nice :)
But let's wait until October 17th to see if appears another suggestions.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

what date is it now
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

maarsy wrote:what date is it now
It's not set yet.
You can vote for a favourite date in this topic.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing

Return to “International EBT-meetings”