Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Crazy Bob »

Currently at London Gatwick airport; so far I've found just one ATM with euros, from Raphaels Bank, in the North Terminal (only :note-20: available). It's in the general part of the terminal, on the second floor. The other ATMs from Travelex give only GBP :( (which includes all ATMs after security, unfortunately).
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

hadibe wrote:
CDN Image
Montréal airport: past the security check, somewhere close to gate B52
I tried yesterday but only canadian cards are accepted to withdraw euros. I tried with 2 different french cards without any success.
Too bad.
:|
Trois hits en 8 ans. Tous en Finlande. (!)
tng11
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by tng11 »

I actually found a Swedish ATM that would allow me to withdraw euros. Swedbank ATMs let foreign cards withdraw, but they only have :note-20:

Unfortunately they debit your account in SEK at their banknote selling rate (which is almost 5% extra on their side plus another 2% conversion fee from my bank, it would have cost almost 30 euro to withdraw 400 euro!), so I cancelled the transaction. :(
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by bob9 »

Crazy Bob wrote:Currently at London Gatwick airport; so far I've found just one ATM with euros, from Raphaels Bank, in the North Terminal (only :note-20: available). It's in the general part of the terminal, on the second floor. The other ATMs from Travelex give only GBP :( (which includes all ATMs after security, unfortunately).
There is another Raphaels ATM in Gatwicks South Terminal. It's after security in the corridor that leads out to the gates.
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
Jan010
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Jan010 »

Crazy Bob wrote:Currently at London Gatwick airport; so far I've found just one ATM with euros, from Raphaels Bank, in the North Terminal (only :note-20: available). It's in the general part of the terminal, on the second floor. The other ATMs from Travelex give only GBP :( (which includes all ATMs after security, unfortunately).

Found that ATM and got a hit, opposite check-in zone B. Also another one from Raphaels Bank next to gate 105, after security.
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

At this moment I'm in Jönköping, Sweden. Here I found 4 atm's that dispense euro's: Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Smålandsbanken and Länsförsäkringar. Unfortunately Swedbank (€20 notes only) is the only one where I really could get euro's, the others didn't accept my card for "foreign currency".
My map
DonChori
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by DonChori »

There is one at Riga International Airport. I tried it but there are only :note-50: bills...if you chose Euro currency
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

I found one in Kaunas Lithuania.

It was located in Snoras bank office in Akropolis Shopping Centre. On Saturday when I tested it only :note-50: was available. Yes this place is open every day from 8:00 to 22:00. Unfortunately on Sunday it was out of notes but there is also currency exchange possibility in this small office.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I saw an ATM in Dulles Washington Airport, in Terminal C, close to gate C26.

This ATM was giving out euros !
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

Jan010 wrote:

Found that ATM and got a hit, opposite check-in zone B. Also another one from Raphaels Bank next to gate 105, after security.
And another one, still from Raphaels Bank, before Gate 55, after security

As last friday i arrived at Gatwick earlier then i used to I took the shuttle and i went to South Terminal to have a look at its general part but i didn't find any ATM to withdraw EUR, only GBP. :evil:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

On the square in front of the Aya Sofia in İstanbul Image is an ATM of Türkiye İş Bankası, and I got a :note-50: out of it today (fifties were all it offered)!
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Crazy Bob wrote:On the square in front of the Aya Sofia in İstanbul Image is an ATM of Türkiye İş Bankası, and I got a :note-50: out of it today (fifties were all it offered)!
On second thought, euros from Turkish ATMs seems to be quite the norm, at least in İstanbul. All ATMs of Akbank, Türkiye İş Bankası and Yapı Kredi Bank that I've tried, offer two or three currencies (TRY, EUR and/or USD). And the cherry on the cake is that the charge that appears on my online bank account statement is for the exact amount in euros, without further charges etc. !
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Princess Juliana International Airport (Sint-Maarten, SXM) has three ATMs, two in the incheck hall and one in the departure hall, and all three can give euros ( :note-20: to be exact).
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
kfb2
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by kfb2 »

At Dubai airport terminal 2 there is one ATM with € and $ US without any extra payment :P
Jan010
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Jan010 »

Ewri wrote:I found this ATM in the centre of Budapest, however, It gives Euros only to customers of OTP bank

I found this one as well and I got Euros from it with my Dutch bank card.

On there website they have a link to ATM locater and there you can select Euro to find ATMs in Hungary that gives Euros.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”