There's a bill with three hits !
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
There's a bill with three hits !
Looks rather legit to me 
- francky
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 613
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:13 pm
- Location: Marly la ville -Europa
- Contact:
Re: There's a bill with three hits !
ditto for meEuroBillTracker wrote:Looks rather legit to me
Now, it just miss map
Francky [fr][en
]
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
Re: There's a bill with three hits !
It's there... below the textfrancky wrote: Now, it just miss map
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
Well the odds are small. Currently you score a hit after entering 1000 bills. Some don't have a hit after 5000+ bills, others score a hit with the first bill they enter.
Since we already have a 3 hit bill, after only 100 real hits, I would say the odds for another legit 3 hit bill soon are rather small.
Since we already have a 3 hit bill, after only 100 real hits, I would say the odds for another legit 3 hit bill soon are rather small.
Time is on our side ...
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
More funny, it was a user that just registered, and immediately registered about 600 to 700 bills on one day. (Probably the brother of Che Gevara)
I already mentioned in a PM some time ago, that it does not mean the 3 hit bill was a fake, but only the fourth hit was forced there by a serialist, deliberately trying to get our 3 hit bill moderated.
That is my view... it could also be Thomassed.
(the Thomasses send bills to eachother, in order to create a sociogram - woombelists do the same, but 100-fold, in order to hurt our database)
I already mentioned in a PM some time ago, that it does not mean the 3 hit bill was a fake, but only the fourth hit was forced there by a serialist, deliberately trying to get our 3 hit bill moderated.
That is my view... it could also be Thomassed.
(the Thomasses send bills to eachother, in order to create a sociogram - woombelists do the same, but 100-fold, in order to hurt our database)
Time is on our side ...
You're right, I didn't check when the 4th person joined. After all, there's only four hidden digits, if you know the algorithm you don't even need to try all combinations to create a fake hit.
Check Complete Lists for France, either he got a brand new stack from the bank which is impossible in this case or then he's making up serials.
Check Complete Lists for France, either he got a brand new stack from the bank which is impossible in this case or then he's making up serials.
-
brunorodrigues
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:35 pm
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Contact:
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
he's got to be making them up. having 4 x's on the shown note number gives us 9999 different possibilities to make a hit come true (actually a little bit less, since note numbers don't tend to be consecutive and the algorithm blah blah blah)
perhaps this coud be changed to 5 x's, multiplying by aprox. 10 the factor. and impose some sort of limit of notes inserted by user (like a sliding ruler or something of x notes per user per hour) . we've seen people inserting legitimate consecutive notes (and keeping photos for the record). we've seen people insert a bunch of notes in a row. these people would surely understand imposing this kind of limit and they could insert more notes at a later time (hey, I do it all the time, I keep adding them to an excel sheet and insert some from time to time).
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
he's got to be making them up. having 4 x's on the shown note number gives us 9999 different possibilities to make a hit come true (actually a little bit less, since note numbers don't tend to be consecutive and the algorithm blah blah blah)
perhaps this coud be changed to 5 x's, multiplying by aprox. 10 the factor. and impose some sort of limit of notes inserted by user (like a sliding ruler or something of x notes per user per hour) . we've seen people inserting legitimate consecutive notes (and keeping photos for the record). we've seen people insert a bunch of notes in a row. these people would surely understand imposing this kind of limit and they could insert more notes at a later time (hey, I do it all the time, I keep adding them to an excel sheet and insert some from time to time).
-
MDeen
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2243
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
- Location: Helden, The Netherlands
- Contact:
He is making them up. Look at earlier notes, excactly the same. (I've been looking at notes 372500 to 372510.brunorodrigues wrote:he's got to be making them up. having 4 x's on the shown note number gives us 9999 different possibilities to make a hit come true (actually a little bit less, since note numbers don't tend to be consecutive and the algorithm blah blah blah)
perhaps this coud be changed to 5 x's, multiplying by aprox. 10 the factor. and impose some sort of limit of notes inserted by user (like a sliding ruler or something of x notes per user per hour) . we've seen people inserting legitimate consecutive notes (and keeping photos for the record). we've seen people insert a bunch of notes in a row. these people would surely understand imposing this kind of limit and they could insert more notes at a later time (hey, I do it all the time, I keep adding them to an excel sheet and insert some from time to time).
Adding another x is not really a solution. I can easily make a program that generates all possible numbers from X0000000000 to X9999999999, put them in a text file and enter them automatically. Ultimate Woombelism and definately to get a hit.
We need a strategy to moderate this sort of behaviour.
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
Well, it is possible to enter consecutive numbers. If you got the notes from a fresh bunch. But you can never have a hit, as second, third or
x-th person, if you have entered from a fresh bunch.
So, consecutive is allowed, but if you score a hit, you must have been the first that entered them.
x-th person, if you have entered from a fresh bunch.
So, consecutive is allowed, but if you score a hit, you must have been the first that entered them.
Time is on our side ...
- Tiger
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
- Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
- Contact:
Hmmmz, I don't think you can do that everywhere.
I got some notes from shops, other people, etc, with consecutive serials.
I know they weren't new right out of the banks.
My dad sometimes gets consecutive notes from patients, and if one of them would be active on EBT, and I register my notes here, I could get 2 consecutive hits...
I think when you register 2 or 3 consecutive notes it shouldn't be moderated, but when more than 10 consecutive notes it's rather obvious you got those notes fresh from the bank, or you're cheating
I got some notes from shops, other people, etc, with consecutive serials.
I know they weren't new right out of the banks.
My dad sometimes gets consecutive notes from patients, and if one of them would be active on EBT, and I register my notes here, I could get 2 consecutive hits...
I think when you register 2 or 3 consecutive notes it shouldn't be moderated, but when more than 10 consecutive notes it's rather obvious you got those notes fresh from the bank, or you're cheating
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
