Use and misuse of advanced form

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply

When did you use the advanced form for the first time

The first day I registerd
0
No votes
After one week
3
10%
After one month
2
7%
After two months or more
1
3%
The day it was created ! I was a regular member already
15
50%
After entering 50+ bills with simple form
1
3%
After entering 100+ bills with simple form
1
3%
After entering 150+ bills with simple form
1
3%
The day I discovered how it worked and what the benifits were (some time)
4
13%
I never use it / I don't know what advanced form is ...
2
7%
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Use and misuse of advanced form

Post by Skylimit »

This poll was made to find out if new users need the "advanced form" for inputting bills, the first day they register.

(btw the advanced form allows you to input 20 bills simultanuously from a CSV or excel file - it is also a great tool to hack our database :cry: )
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

I use the advanced only manually, not for CSV files. The advantage to me is the immediate check for typing errors.
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Sneakster »

Donald wrote:I use the advanced only manually, not for CSV files. The advantage to me is the immediate check for typing errors.
I fully agree..
User avatar
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:11 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by HNL »

A couple of weeks ago, somebody had the idea to give users only permission to use the advanced form if they have registered 20 or 30 bills or more. The "fakers" will give up (at least a part of them), because it takes to much time to enter the first (fake) notes. So the fakers goes away, they don't have fun of it.
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

Maybe that would work, but 20 or 30 hits is not enough I think....
registering 20 notes takes about 5 minutes.

Maybe we can raise it to 100 or even more notes.

And, fakers will always find a way to continue.... sigh
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
brunorodrigues
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:35 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact:

Post by brunorodrigues »

HNL wrote:A couple of weeks ago, somebody had the idea to give users only permission to use the advanced form if they have registered 20 or 30 bills or more. The "fakers" will give up (at least a part of them), because it takes to much time to enter the first (fake) notes. So the fakers goes away, they don't have fun of it.
EXCELENT idea. I'd say about 50 notes before having the possibility to use the advanced form.
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

Hi, Skylimit, there is a new user "Skylimit" with 681 consecutives. Is it you? We also got a "brunorodriguez", looks like like "brunorodrigues".
These guys are playing games.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

You now need to enter a certain number of bills before you get the advanced form.

I am going out roller skating for now... will start erasing bogues accounts tonight or next week
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

Donald wrote:Hi, Skylimit, there is a new user "Skylimit" with 681 consecutives. Is it you? We also got a "brunorodriguez", looks like like "brunorodrigues".
These guys are playing games.
Well maybe this guy/girl felt that it was now or never ... Webmaster already fixed it : x-number of bills to enter manually

Great to stop fraud !
(a bit sad these measures are needed ... for newcomers ...)
Sad is not the word .. SICK is the word.

Who would want to destroy EBT ? If we know who is interested we may know who did it.
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

If the advanced form were deleted, only the simple way of entering remains.

That would kill the serialists.

EBT should be fun. I had the urge also to keep entering like a maniac. But I stopped: to me that's what EBt is not about.

Maybe it's a man's thing: who has the most, the biggest, the best etc.
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

Wouter1 wrote:If the advanced form were deleted, only the simple way of entering remains.
...
EBT should be fun. I had the urge also to keep entering like a maniac. But I stopped: to me that's what EBt is not about....
I agree. If I behave relatively "normal", I can enter up to 50 notes per week (with much luck). I can produce another 250 entries per week if my wife, who works in the financial sector, supports me. This is how I could stay in the top ten for a while. I shall stop with the extra notes by the end of October. The 50 notes on each working day consume some time, I feel I should use better.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”