EBT Hit Hotspots

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14789
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by Fons »

Slovenia would be a great place to spend the note!
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by JHN-TX »

I suppose the example I gave was a bad one,because we are looking for hits just as much as hoping that our notes will turn up some where.
I was thinking :idea: that there must be some smaller towns that attract a lot of tourists.
For example ,Groningen :flag-nl: has has a lot of notes entered.
Where do people from there go for a weekend break?
Are there good tourist spots on :flag-nl: :flag-be: "border" or :flag-nl: :flag-de: "border" that might give better statistical
chance for international hits?
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
User avatar
De-Ker
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2014
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Location: Remunj, Netherlands

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by De-Ker »

JHN-TX wrote:I suppose the example I gave was a bad one,because we are looking for hits just as much as hoping that our notes will turn up some where.
I was thinking :idea: that there must be some smaller towns that attract a lot of tourists.
For example ,Groningen :flag-nl: has has a lot of notes entered.
Where do people from there go for a weekend break?
Are there good tourist spots on :flag-nl: :flag-be: "border" or :flag-nl: :flag-de: "border" that might give better statistical
chance for international hits?
Maastricht is quite popular. Lots of belgium and french visitors. Also germans seem to frequent maastricht a lot. But for real easy int. Hits drop them in luxembourg since people will almost certainly go abroad when going for a vacation... :)
bjornmu
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:47 pm
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by bjornmu »

De-Ker wrote:Maastricht is quite popular. Lots of belgium and french visitors. Also germans seem to frequent maastricht a lot. But for real easy int. Hits drop them in luxembourg since people will almost certainly go abroad when going for a vacation... :)
Heh, when I was a few days in :flag-lu: last year, I kept all the change I got (including some of the :note-20: from the airport ATM) and spent them in :flag-fi: during the summer. So far that has resulted in 0 hits...
User avatar
De-Ker
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2014
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Location: Remunj, Netherlands

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by De-Ker »

bjornmu wrote:
De-Ker wrote:Maastricht is quite popular. Lots of belgium and french visitors. Also germans seem to frequent maastricht a lot. But for real easy int. Hits drop them in luxembourg since people will almost certainly go abroad when going for a vacation... :)
Heh, when I was a few days in :flag-lu: last year, I kept all the change I got (including some of the :note-20: from the airport ATM) and spent them in :flag-fi: during the summer. So far that has resulted in 0 hits...
Well i've dropped quite a lot dutch notes in finland. But i seem to get hits only with the notes i've acquired in finland, leaving the "dutch notes" hitless.

About luxembourg, i've meant that people from there (even no ebt) distribute the notes quite easily to other countries. Plus the fuel stations will be visited by a lot of nationalities :)
User avatar
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: H:fors

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by bob9 »

De-Ker wrote:Well i've dropped quite a lot dutch notes in finland. But i seem to get hits only with the notes i've acquired in finland, leaving the "dutch notes" hitless
I'm assuming you brought this note to Finland. Åland is a bit of an EBT desert, atleast compared to mainland Finland, so you made it harder for yourself to get passives by dumping notes there.
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
User avatar
De-Ker
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2014
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Location: Remunj, Netherlands

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by De-Ker »

bob9 wrote:
De-Ker wrote:Well i've dropped quite a lot dutch notes in finland. But i seem to get hits only with the notes i've acquired in finland, leaving the "dutch notes" hitless
I'm assuming you brought this note to Finland. Åland is a bit of an EBT desert, atleast compared to mainland Finland, so you made it harder for yourself to get passives by dumping notes there.
Haha you mixed me up with another user. I am "de-ker". I think i've dropped some 250 dutch notes in espoo/helsinki. I've lived there for half a year :)
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by JHN-TX »

yli wrote:A nice hotspot is ofcourse :flag-de: Helmbrechts.

almost 600,000 notes entered, but there are only 8,800 people living there.
Yes has great hit ratio 52.39
I must have a closer look at stats when I have more time. :)

I was thinking :idea: :flag-nl: :flag-de: or :flag-nl: :flag-be: but .....must look at map
No hit with :flag-ie: yet :(
Last edited by JHN-TX on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
User avatar
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: H:fors

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by bob9 »

De-Ker wrote:Haha you mixed me up with another user. I am "de-ker". I think i've dropped some 250 dutch notes in espoo/helsinki. I've lived there for half a year :)
Sorry I mixed you guys up, you are quite similar in appearance. I too have dropped 150-200 notes in Helsinki without getting a passive hit, I think it's a combination of city people wearing out notes faster but also Bank of Finland being more active in the region with taking notes out of circulation.
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by JHN-TX »

bob9 wrote:
De-Ker wrote:Haha you mixed me up with another user. I am "de-ker". I think i've dropped some 250 dutch notes in espoo/helsinki. I've lived there for half a year :)
Sorry I mixed you guys up, you are quite similar in appearance. I too have dropped 150-200 notes in Helsinki without getting a passive hit, I think it's a combination of city people wearing out notes faster but also Bank of Finland being more active in the region with taking notes out of circulation.
Well congratulations you just got a hit.http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=99886754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It might be one of the notes from Helsinki :)

and another one http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=99929755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by JHN-TX on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
User avatar
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3633
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Lis., PRT
Contact:

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Lol you should have talked earlier, bob9. :lol: Nice one.
User avatar
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: H:fors

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by bob9 »

Hehe, nope that's not one of them I know where I left it. Never the less, always nice to hit!
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by JHN-TX »

SeanW wrote:
JHN-TX wrote:
japh wrote:Having notes circulating in other countries is no guarantee of a hit. I have had notes put into circulation in the following countries:-
Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Estonia and Slovakia but have had no hits with these notes.
I have also had notes brought from Estonia and Slovakia resulting in this hit :- http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=97387712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was expecting SeanW to have a few more :flag-fi: hits by now.
I suppose it is not a good :idea: to expect a hit as it only leads to disappointment :( when it does`nt happen.
Yeah, I was surprised that I beat the Finnish hit average to get 3/96 active hits, but after dropping a similar number of notes, to get absolutely no passive hits at all in the intervening months.

As for hit hotspots, if you had a €5 to spend in Ireland with the objective of getting a passive hit, you want to go to Dalkey. Especially if you get there early in the day.
I am sure one or two will hit some time.Have you seen these hits :?:
http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=7379578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=8088663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=12324325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=5828648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
User avatar
bren_nmgn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: nijmegen HOLLAND

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by bren_nmgn »

if you ask me, the good thing about this 'stupid' hobby of ours, is that you never know when you might get a real nice hit!
it always comes as a surprise!
as soon as a bill leaves your wallet, it's out of your hands.... ;)
there's no cheating on a real nice hit, it can make your day!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....

Join the EBT team on What Pulse

My stats: https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/bren_nmgn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;




feel free to add: facebook

MY PROFILE
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: EBT Hit Hotspots

Post by JHN-TX »

I would have to pick Antwerp as my No.1 hotspot for getting an international hit. http://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?region=1392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out of 37086 hits,over 8700 are international
5653 :flag-nl:
1860 :flag-de:
289 :flag-at:
245 :flag-fi:
243 :flag-fr:
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”