Postcrossing

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

User avatar
kettenseger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:49 pm
Location: 41334 Nettetal, Germany
Contact:

Post by kettenseger »

i have two expired postcards too, both to the united states.
one card to brazil is still traveling.
del7im
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact:

Post by del7im »

I've sent one to Texas and other to Velpke (Germany) :)

[[Bye!]]
Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by Viperazzi »

I've now sent three postcards and I have five travelling. 8) This is very addicting. But it seems my address was incorrect, as the system couldn't interpret the letter ä. Luckily another user informed me about that. Any other umlaut-letter-users had the same problem?
tintin6971
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:53 am

Post by tintin6971 »

Yes when you enter the USA you must fill a green card and it is told to replace the umlaut by the letter + e, then probably the program mustn't understand umlaut.
Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by Viperazzi »

tintin6971 wrote:Yes when you enter the USA you must fill a green card and it is told to replace the umlaut by the letter + e, then probably the program mustn't understand umlaut.
So you probably wrote "ÉU", isn't that an abbreviation for the US in French? Well, I sent an e-mail to the webmaster saying that I must have my street address displayed properly. :P And by the way, I've so far sent postcards to Germany, Spain, India, Vermont, New York, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas.
tintin6971
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:53 am

Post by tintin6971 »

Viperazzi wrote:
tintin6971 wrote:Yes when you enter the USA you must fill a green card and it is told to replace the umlaut by the letter + e, then probably the program mustn't understand umlaut.
So you probably wrote "ÉU", isn't that an abbreviation for the US in French? Well, I sent an e-mail to the webmaster saying that I must have my street address displayed properly. :P And by the way, I've so far sent postcards to Germany, Spain, India, Vermont, New York, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas.
No, I mean for München you must write Muenchen
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

Viperazzi wrote:I've now sent three postcards and I have five travelling. 8) This is very addicting.

Hi! I'm Soili and I'm addicted to Postcrossing. 8) :lol: I have sent 90 official cards and received 85 so far plus lots of private swaps, tags and projects... Oh boy!
Viperazzi wrote:But it seems my address was incorrect, as the system couldn't interpret the letter ä. Luckily another user informed me about that. Any other umlaut-letter-users had the same problem?

There has been discussion on the Postcrossing forum about this umlaut-letter problem that some emails just don't show the letters correct. One solution could be that you don't put the dots over the letters, ä->a ö->o, and the other that you write them like tintin6971 suggested, ä->ae ö->oe.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by Viperazzi »

soilian wrote:Hi! I'm Soili and I'm addicted to Postcrossing. 8) :lol: I have sent 90 official cards and received 85 so far plus lots of private swaps, tags and projects...
Yes, I can see you've been very active! I wonder why I didn't register from the start, and only now became addicted...
soilian wrote:One solution could be that you don't put the dots over the letters, ä->a ö->o, and the other that you write them like tintin6971 suggested, ä->ae ö->oe.
I've changed the ä to a in my address. I sent the webmaster an e-mail concerning if it would be possibly to manually manufacture a correct .png image of my address. Yes, I'm a perfectionist in this case, I like to see my two dots. :)

Current situation, by the way: 5 postcards sent, 5 travelling, 0 received. 8)
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

Viperazzi wrote:Yes, I'm a perfectionist in this case, I like to see my two dots. :)
I would like, too, if I had ä or ö in my name or address. :wink:

Have you visited the Postcrossing forum? There's also a community to Finnish speaking people. We are planning a Postcrossing meeting and it will be held in Jyväskylä on the 20th of May. :D
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

Where are all the Italian postcrossers :?: Wake up and join in www.postcrossing.com! I haven't received any postcards from your country so far, but I would love to.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

This is me again. :lol: I'm just wondering if I'm the only postcrossing addict here. :roll: Last week I had my first postcrossing anniversary. I've sent 151 and received 148 cards so far and this is still fun. :D
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
Tahiti
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:24 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by Tahiti »

No Soilian, you aren't :lol:. I'm an addict too. Wish we had more users from all over the world.
User avatar
miguel_scp
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:57 pm

Post by miguel_scp »

I'm also into postcrossing.
I've only sent 1 postcard to Finland, so I still haven't given it lots of time... :)
User avatar
miguel_scp
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:57 pm

Post by miguel_scp »

Update:

Sent 8 postcards, received 11 :)
I'm really enjoying it!
User avatar
susyq
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:37 pm
Location: Joensuu, Finland

Post by susyq »

134 sent and 117 received! :D
So much fun!
"Luultavasti myrskyjä on vain siksi, että niiden jälkeen saataisiin auringonnousu", Muumipappa
"Storms probably exist only to be able to have sunrise after them", Moomin

Visit My Forest
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”