Development WG's famous to do list

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

User avatar
CarlosManta
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:11 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by CarlosManta »

Nerzhul wrote:There's now also the hit ratio displayed in profiles. I hope this is more en- than discouraging ;-) At least it should give you an idea what to expect when travelling somewhere.
I love it! Thanks a lot!
User avatar
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5870
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:34 am
Location: TILBURG
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by yli »

Nerzhul wrote:With a little delay (had to work until Sun morning, 4am):

The expert form now dynamically integrates your location and comment data. You get live suggestions of citynames, zip codes and comments you used in the past as you type.

Suggestions and questions are always welcome.
Is there a maximum in number of locations ?

Today I had some problems with same locations I haven't visited for almost 3 years, 13 months and 7 months
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
User avatar
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Nerzhul »

yli wrote:Is there a maximum in number of locations ?

Today I had some problems with same locations I haven't visited for almost 3 years, 13 months and 7 months
No, the form works fine for me for old locations and there is no maximum. What problems do you have exactly?

Btw, I just tweaked the entity ranking again, it now displays advancement details in the old style by default.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4597
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Ewri »

thanks for these updates.

They are great.
User avatar
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5870
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:34 am
Location: TILBURG
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by yli »

Nerzhul wrote:
yli wrote:Is there a maximum in number of locations ?

Today I had some problems with same locations I haven't visited for almost 3 years, 13 months and 7 months
No, the form works fine for me for old locations and there is no maximum. What problems do you have exactly?
When typing the first characters of these locations in the city box, f.i. "Ape" for "Apeldoorn" there wasn't a scroll down menu with the option to choose my "Ape" locations (in my case :flag-nl: Apeldoorn or :flag-at: Apetlon). At least not all locations we're in this scrolldown menu - the three visited locations didn't show up.
Besides the fact that I haven't visited these three locations, they we're also the last three locations of where I entered notes last night.
Perhaps there was something wrong with my computer, but now even a location only visited once in 2005 isn't a problem.
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
User avatar
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Nerzhul »

nossi wrote:I hope this would be my list wish: I need a filter for the postalcode with the same possibility for sorting like town or land.
No problem
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
User avatar
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2300
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 12:04 pm
Location: Eindhoven & omgeving, Nederland

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by R/J »

Thanks. It is something I have missed for a while as well.

Question though: Can you now also search for postcodes like the same possibilities as searching for cities and stuff? (I just found out you can't.)
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
User avatar
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: 1220 Wien

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by nossi »

Nerzhul wrote:
nossi wrote:I hope this would be my list wish: I need a filter for the postalcode with the same possibility for sorting like town or land.
No problem
Thank you :D
R/J wrote:Thanks. It is something I have missed for a while as well.

Question though: Can you now also search for postcodes like the same possibilities as searching for cities and stuff? (I just found out you can't.)
That would make the whole thng! Then it would be easy to know how many notes we have entered i.e. in wien-währing. :roll:
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
User avatar
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Nerzhul »

The "Most active" overview in user/city/country rankings now allows ranking by hits and users/referrers.

I also fixed a small bug which was causing problems when searching your notes for strings with a non-ASCII first letter (like "Ückeritz").
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
User avatar
packbell
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5741
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Wageningen (NL)

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by packbell »

wishlist can you make one 86400/86400 list HH:MM:SS
Rideo Ergo Sum <"Ik lach, dus ik besta">
-----> Statistieken <-----
User avatar
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3228
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by googlejaps »

I've come up with some ideas for improving the site. I don't know if they are mentioned before, but they are just some ideas.

extended personal city stats
I really like the personal stats in the city/country pages:
Image
I would like this section to be extended with the notes stats that are in our profile:
Image

Different style moderated hits
If someone posts a link to a hitnote on the forum (to participate in some game), normally moderated hits are not allowed. But when you take a look at the hit-page you cant see if the hit is moderated or not. Click these two hits below and tell me which is moderated:
example 1 example 2
If you really must know, example 1 is moderated because it travelled in a bundle, example 2 is not moderated
I suggest to add some visual style to the moderated-hit-page, so it's clear to everyone that it is a moderated hit.
User avatar
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5870
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:34 am
Location: TILBURG
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by yli »

Please leave the moderated hits outside any public part of the forum.

If a hit is moderated, there is always a reason - mainly that it's not interresting to show (so, don't show :wink: )
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
User avatar
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3228
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by googlejaps »

yli wrote:Please leave the moderated hits outside any public part of the forum.

If a hit is moderated, there is always a reason - mainly that it's not interresting to show (so, don't show :wink: )
I think you didn't understand me, or I didn't explain it right. I don't want to show the moderated hits in the forum.

I am surprised though that you can only see that a hit is moderated when there's a + in the hit-list. And allthough it is definitely a property of a hit, you can't see it on the hit-page.
I think that gamehosts of topics like EU Capital Hit-Bingo or Hits from A to Z need/want to have a way to check if a hit is moderated or not.

I hope it's clearer now. It's just an idea, it's up to others to say if it's wanted or not.
User avatar
Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1753
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Cascais, Portugal

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Ord€p »

When i order my locations alphabetically, i have a small problem with a non-ASCII first letter (like Águeda, Évora and Óbidos):

Image

It doesn't appears in the right order.
Infrarouge
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:18 pm
Location: Berlino, Germania.

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Infrarouge »

i have a wish... some friends of mine are tracking as well, although i didn't refer them to the site. still, i would like to watch their activity. with the ones that are in my referalls-list, it is quite easy - they are just two clicks away. the others however have to be searched, which takes some time.

wouldn't it be possible to implement a "friends"-list, similar to the referalls, with the difference, that you can decide yourself, whom to put into that list?

i would like that! thank you in advance! :mrgreen:
Post Reply

Return to “Feedback and Development”