Seas and oceans

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Marrokina
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 2:10 am

Post by Marrokina »

BogPoet wrote:I like the Algarvian sea.
Me too. I wonder why... ;) Actually I like diving a lot, and the Algarve has some amazing diving spots, but there are better spots in the western coast. Also, the waves there are bigger, and the water is cooler and more clear.
But, for a swim, there is no place like the sand islands of Ria Formosa, in the Algarve. They make me feel like I'm in a tropical paradise, except maybe for the palm and coconut trees 8) 8). And the best thing is, there are lots of unspoilt places, where you can be almost alone, even in August! :!: :!:
I love it :P
User avatar
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Marly la ville -Europa
Contact:

Post by francky »

In the "Pine's Island"near New Caledonia in the Pacific Océan
Francky [fr][en :?: ]
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

Image


:lol: :lol:
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

I plan to go to Hawaii in a couple of months :)

Image
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

The only sea I've swam in is the Baltic Sea. So probably it, although it's 95% weed and 5% Greek oil.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Eriks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2089
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:37 am
Location: Bilthoven, NL

Post by Eriks »

Nicest was probably the Atlantic at beaches in Cornwall: Nice rocky beaches, great differneces in tide and big waves.

I've swam in the following seas/oceans:
Northsea: several places in The Netherlands, Germany and Denmark..
Waddensea: I walked through it too!!!! (Netherlands)
Baltic Sea: Near Stockholm.
Indian Ocean: Valsbaai, South Africa
Mediterenean: France, Spain.
Atlantic: England, Scotland, France, South Africa.
Pacific: Chile
Street Magelanes: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Davis Strait: Greenland
User avatar
etty
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Škofja Loka, Slovenia

Post by etty »

i've been swimming in adriatic sea almost every summer till now... i also swam in other parts of mediteranean sea, and while i hated waves in turkey, i loved the sea in tunisia :)

i can't remember if i swam in north atlantic ocean and red sea too, i think i only touched them :)
I know... the past will catch you up as you run faster... I know...
User avatar
B I V O L
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3890
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Maribor

Post by B I V O L »

I swam more times in Adriatic sea and once I swam in North sea near Zandvoort - Netherlands (about 30km from Amsterdam) :) .

I never go to the sea just to touch it, I must go in :twisted: . Once (few years ago) I swam in Adriatic sea near Pula-Istria at 30th of november 8O .
User avatar
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, UK

Post by lazza »

The nicest sea I have swum in is the South China Sea when I was in Vietnam - crystal clear water as warm as a bath and bright white coral sand 8)

But I have swum in others:
Irish Sea (from the UK)
North Sea (from the UK)
Atlantic Ocean (from the UK and France)
Baltic Sea (from Germany)
Mediterranean Sea (from France, Spain, Greece [Adriatic], Malta, Tunisia)
Indian Ocean (from Zanzibar/Tanzania)
South China Sea (from Vietnam)
Gulf of Thailand (from Cambodia)
Andaman Sea (from Thailand)
User avatar
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Lithuania

Post by westwind »

And this is my ocean&seas list:

Baltic Sea, of course (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia)
Aegean Sea (Greece)
Gulf of Thailand (Thailand)
Mediterranian Sea (Lebanon)
Pacific Ocean (Peru)
Eriks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2089
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:37 am
Location: Bilthoven, NL

Post by Eriks »

There are still mssing the Dead Sea or Black sea, If I looked properly (but admit I did it fast). You might expect them to show up.

Which sea was the most wet according to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

Dead sea is a lake, not a sea. Another such is Caspian sea.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
User avatar
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Lithuania

Post by westwind »

I have been to Dead sea (Jordan), though I think it is not real sea because it is lake :wink:
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Post by Jes »

westwind wrote:I have been to Dead sea (Jordan), though I think it is not real sea because it is lake
I also went there and I think it is grate!!!!!!!

but, you're wright, it is actually a lake, so I would choose the Pacific Ocean! (in Panama with warm water!)
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
laurentina
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 10107
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Seas and oceans

Post by laurentina »

I prefer warm water
Ile Sainte Marie - Madagascar
Seychelles
Sao Tomé
East Timor
Bali
Canoa Quebrada - Brasil
Nacala - Mozambique
Pemba Island - Zanzibar
Grande Comore
Cartagena - Colombia
Cuba
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”