Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by siriusLT »

In my city, you can withdraw €100 from Swedbank and Luminor ATMs, if they’re available. Or a mix of €100, €50, €20, and €10. I don’t know about Vilnius or other banks, but I think it’s the same there. ATMs in Lithuania don’t dispense €200. You can exchange them at the Bank of Lithuania’s cash desks (Vilnius, Žirmūnų Street, 151). They’re almost always available.
User avatar
P01
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:39 pm

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by P01 »

Hello,
In France, it's hard to find :note-100: bills,
There is a post under the french section to track ATM who give :note-100: ( viewtopic.php?t=57636 )
sebatchev wrote: ↑Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:22 am Liste: (MAJ 30/01/24)

Paris 4 : HSBC, 23 Rue de Rivoli :note-100: (ATM inside the Bank)
Paris 8 : Banque Delubac & Cie, 21 Rue d'Astorg :note-100:
Paris 10 : Société Générale, 68 boulevard de Strasbourg :note-100:

Cannes : BNP, 23 Rue d'Antibes :note-100: (ATM inside the Bank)
Toulouse : HSBC, 64 Rue de Metz :note-100: (ATM inside the Bank)
Roubaix : HSBC, 1 Av. Jean Lebas :note-100:
Join us on the EuroBillTracker Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Va2pB2tabD
User avatar
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 14346
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am
Location: Quelque part en Ardenne profonde...

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by LArdennais »

MDeen wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2026 8:33 am
In :flag-be: they are available, the Batopin Cash machines are now the standard, they have varying selection but usually :note-100: is availble at a site.
Attention ! :note-100: are not available in all CASH Batopin ATM's, the standard notes available are :note-20: :note-50: but the maximum notes available are from :note-5: to :note-100: .
But some cities haven't not yet CASH Batopin ATM's (rare but possible); if it's the case, go to Belfius + CBC / KBC ATM's to have :note-100: (and :note-200: in Belfius machines).
You can also go to Bpost ATM's (it doesn't matter if there are CASH ATM's in the city), they often have :note-100: .
Last edited by LArdennais on Sun Apr 26, 2026 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ & http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/index2.htm : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=fr&gl=US : A utiliser sans modération ! Use it without moderation ! :)
User avatar
jack_isidore
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1837
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Wien, Österreich

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by jack_isidore »

No problem to withdraw :note-100: from all regular atms all over the country in austria. since the inflation rises you can also get :note-200: in some of the bank lobby machines

in the last years its increasingly possible to spend :note-200: in bigger supermarkets without any troubles
User avatar
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3636
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Lis., PRT
Contact:

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I've got one with me right now! What should I try?

I know, I'll pop over to a service station, 100€ should be enough for a quick splash&dash...
User avatar
JRR
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:59 pm
Location: Purmerend, The Netherlands

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by JRR »

In The Netherlands they disappeared from the ATM’s when the banks stopped with their own ATM’s and the introduction of Geldmaat as a general brand for ATM’s.

Next month they will be available again at some places due to inflation and a demand for higher denomination notes.
User avatar
MARIUS-FFB
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by MARIUS-FFB »

These beauties I got on 07.05.2026 (early may 2026) in a bank.
The europa series :note-100: are common in :flag-de: .
It's also no problem to get europa series :note-200:
-> see the :note-200: column on ebtcheck https://ebtcheck.marty44.net/ebtcheck/s ... _month.php
I'm still waiting for a hit with an europa series :note-200: ,
so I started in early 2023 to enter more and more of these notes.
The more I will enter, the higher the chance for a hit
8)
IMG-20260507.jpeg
IMG-20260507.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1048 times
User avatar
Tárrega
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2025 2:29 pm
Location: Kgs. Lyngby

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by Tárrega »

Oh my GOD that's a gorgeous picture!! Are :note-500: still widely accessible in Germany and do you think I would be able to withdraw one with a foreign ( :flag-dk: ) Visa-card? :D

I got these nice :note-100: after being inspired here! And made a challenge in the Finnish thread (10.4. being the 100th day of the year..) Maybe we could make :note-200: challenge on 19.7., the 200th day of the year..? :wink:
Attachments
IMG_20260407_185837.jpg
IMG_20260407_185837.jpg (414.9 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
käteistä ei voita mikään 8)
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2243
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
Location: Helden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by MDeen »

That's beautiful! I got a WD :note-100: in Bregenz this weekend.
User avatar
MARIUS-FFB
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by MARIUS-FFB »

Tárrega wrote: ↑Mon May 11, 2026 11:14 am Oh my GOD that's a gorgeous picture!! Are :note-500: still widely accessible in Germany and do you think I would be able to withdraw one with a foreign ( :flag-dk: ) Visa-card? :D

I got these nice :note-100: after being inspired here! And made a challenge in the Finnish thread (10.4. being the 100th day of the year..) Maybe we could make :note-200: challenge on 19.7., the 200th day of the year..? :wink:
No, these :note-500: will be collected by the banks and sent for destruction, also the "old" :note-200: and :note-100: . I get some of these notes because I am a "long duration client" of the bank and the bank clerks know of my EBT hobby. Today I got not a single note of the first series, so I asked for :note-200: of the europe series. I got 2 x NA, 10 x EA, 13 x S and 5 x U (10 x Lagarde, 20 x Draghi) - and sadly no hit, which I need so necessarily...
2026-05-21.jpg
2026-05-21.jpg (243.18 KiB) Viewed 883 times
Antichess
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2026 9:41 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by Antichess »

Nice :note-200: notes!

After some time in the eurozone, easiest way for me to get :note-100: was to go to a casino. I would buy in with dozens of :note-5: and :note-10:, gamble about 1-2€ and then cash out for a bunch of :note-100:. Suspicious but oh well. Best I can do as I'm a tourist and can't just open a bank account
Rotes Gras
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:07 am

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by Rotes Gras »

Nota bene: When you are in Germany you can always change notes ( :note-5: - :note-200: €) at the counters of branches of the "Deutsche Bundesbank" They won't ask for any documents, you should however stay below the sum of 10.000€. In some cities you need an appointment, which is easy to get on their websites. If you have an appointment, you normally can show up there any time that day during the opening hours.

The downside is that very often you get notes hot off the press.
Rotes Gras
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:07 am

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by Rotes Gras »

MARIUS-FFB wrote: ↑Thu May 21, 2026 7:46 pm
Tárrega wrote: ↑Mon May 11, 2026 11:14 am Oh my GOD that's a gorgeous picture!! Are :note-500: still widely accessible in Germany and do you think I would be able to withdraw one with a foreign ( :flag-dk: ) Visa-card? :D

I got these nice :note-100: after being inspired here! And made a challenge in the Finnish thread (10.4. being the 100th day of the year..) Maybe we could make :note-200: challenge on 19.7., the 200th day of the year..? :wink:
No, these :note-500: will be collected by the banks and sent for destruction, also the "old" :note-200: and :note-100: . I get some of these notes because I am a "long duration client" of the bank and the bank clerks know of my EBT hobby. Today I got not a single note of the first series, so I asked for :note-200: of the europe series. I got 2 x NA, 10 x EA, 13 x S and 5 x U (10 x Lagarde, 20 x Draghi) - and sadly no hit, which I need so necessarily...
2026-05-21.jpg
Hi Marius! It's me either who needs a hit. Maybe my first one will be with you one time? 8)
User avatar
Tárrega
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2025 2:29 pm
Location: Kgs. Lyngby

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by Tárrega »

MARIUS-FFB wrote: ↑Thu May 21, 2026 7:46 pm
Tárrega wrote: ↑Mon May 11, 2026 11:14 am Oh my GOD that's a gorgeous picture!! Are :note-500: still widely accessible in Germany and do you think I would be able to withdraw one with a foreign ( :flag-dk: ) Visa-card? :D

I got these nice :note-100: after being inspired here! And made a challenge in the Finnish thread (10.4. being the 100th day of the year..) Maybe we could make :note-200: challenge on 19.7., the 200th day of the year..? :wink:
No, these :note-500: will be collected by the banks and sent for destruction, also the "old" :note-200: and :note-100: . I get some of these notes because I am a "long duration client" of the bank and the bank clerks know of my EBT hobby. Today I got not a single note of the first series, so I asked for :note-200: of the europe series. I got 2 x NA, 10 x EA, 13 x S and 5 x U (10 x Lagarde, 20 x Draghi) - and sadly no hit, which I need so necessarily...
2026-05-21.jpg
Oh.. that's rather terrible news :oops: Why even the bigger notes, okay I somewhat can understand with the :note-500: cuz that's a government decision, but the old :note-100: and :note-200:?? In Finland they still have a chance to circulate, even here in Denmark you can ask for them at the currency exchange..
Well: I think I will be going to a casino when I travel to Spain this summer, like Antichess. And yes, another gorgeous picture MARIUS-FFP :D
käteistä ei voita mikään 8)
User avatar
MARIUS-FFB
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany

Re: Circulation of the 100 euro notes

Post by MARIUS-FFB »

Why even the bigger notes, okay I somewhat can understand with the :note-500: cuz that's a government decision, but the old :note-100: and :note-200:??
Not only these - all banknotes of the 2002 series will be collected for destruction.
WHY? That was my question in the bank. They told me it's because the old euronotes are insecure and can be counterfeit more easily.
Today I got only one old note, a :note-50: , which I already spent in a supermarket.
However I was lucky today: Got 46 x :note-200: and the bank clerk also enabled me to scan some more of the :note-200: which remained in the bank. All in all I registered 61 of them 8)
2026-05-26.jpg
2026-05-26.jpg (232.19 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”