Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5
- Phaseolus
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 13441
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
- Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
When I go to my bills, and I want to click on the cities linked to my bills, it opens my profile instead of opening the profile of the city.
It's not a big deal, but I hope you appreciate I mention this.
Thank you for the job you do !
It's not a big deal, but I hope you appreciate I mention this.
Thank you for the job you do !
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6191
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
klapotec was kind enough to fix the "Last 10 locations" problem. Thanks 
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6191
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Hm, I'm not seeing this. If I go to my list of notes and then click on any of the cities listed, I get the profile of the city. What kind of URL do you get in the address bar? I get https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=38885" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , for example.Phaseolus wrote:When I go to my bills, and I want to click on the cities linked to my bills, it opens my profile instead of opening the profile of the city.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
- Raumi
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:32 pm
- Location: Santiago y Zaraíche - Murcia - Spain
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
That weird thing is also happening to me with the note that I've entered this afternoon in L'Aldea.
Spanish representative on the Board of Directors.
Current vice president of the Association Européenne des EuroBillTrackers
My statistics.
Current vice president of the Association Européenne des EuroBillTrackers
My statistics.
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
It seems, that the "Last 10 locations"-Selection-Box is now working correctly.
Edit:
- i missed the entry of avij above
Edit:
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6191
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
The new server has enough memory to keep the entire 46GB database of EBT in RAM. This should theoretically make all kinds of searches rather quick. However, even though MariaDB is generally speaking more capable than MySQL that we used previously, MariaDB seems to have its own problems as well. Some database queries that got executed instantly on MySQL take an inexplicable amount of time to execute on MariaDB. One particular search query that we saw should get executed in a few seconds, but we witnessed it taking around half an hour to execute. We've figured out a workaround for this particular bug, but it'll need some changes to the database. This change will be implemented early tomorrow morning when there's less traffic on the site.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Admittedly I have no clue when it comes to the work behind the curtain ... But I do appreciate your efforts and the results they get us to. Thanks! 
Christian
Christian
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6191
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
The instruction emails have now been sent to the affected users. The notes are now shown on your list of notes, but possibly with an incorrect location. These notes were moved to the latest location where you have entered notes. If this is incorrect, you can edit the notes to the correct location yourself.avij wrote:Yes, there is something wrong. The code has now been fixed so that any further notes entered from that place will show up correctly. The note you entered is in the database, but with an invalid location, and notes with an invalid location won't show up on the list. Fixing the invalid locations will require a bit of work from our side, the usual support tools aren't sufficient for fixing this. This problem affects 65 note entries from 12 users. Please wait for further instructions regarding this.dmo11 wrote:Just entered a note in most likely a new town, it shows in statistics as a new note (went one up), but not in my list of notes entered.
It used to be in the list right away, is this maybe a new feature for notes in new places or something wrong?
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
- Phaseolus
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 13441
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
- Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
The kind of thing happens to this bill : https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=142190990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Phaseolus wrote:When I go to my bills, and I want to click on the cities linked to my bills, it opens my profile instead of opening the profile of the city.
It's not a big deal, but I hope you appreciate I mention this.
Thank you for the job you do !
- lmviterbo
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 7524
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
For me as a member of the geolocation team, that is behaving as if it were a new town that doesn't exist yet on EBT's database (and will only exist once someone in the geolocation does it manually). This means it is opening the city-manager online app. The town is already on the DB though, with geocoords and all.Phaseolus wrote:The kind of thing happens to this bill : https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=142190990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6191
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Right, it's the ' problem again. I'll have a look.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
- Phaseolus
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 13441
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
- Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
And can you link it to the existing profile ? Please.lmviterbo wrote:The town is already on the DB though, with geocoords and all.Phaseolus wrote:The kind of thing happens to this bill : https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=142190990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- lmviterbo
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 7524
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
http://eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=109987Phaseolus wrote:And can you link it to the existing profile ? Please.
- vermeer
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 13191
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:36 am
- Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Something strange is happening. After i enter notes i get this to see. Between '' can be different of course.
city2id: SELECT id, parent_id FROM locations WHERE key_city = binary 'Groningen' AND key_zip = binary '9726' AND key_country = binary 'Netherlands'
city2id: SELECT id, parent_id FROM locations WHERE key_city = binary 'Groningen' AND key_zip = binary '9726' AND key_country = binary 'Netherlands'
- Castanhola
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 8069
- Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:47 pm
- Location: Coimbra, Portugal
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
I have an Apple Script application to help me register notes with EBT API. It was working fine before the server upgrade but now it gives an error after registering the first note. It seems the problem its connected with this change reported by vermeer, but I must take some more time to be sure of the source of the problem.vermeer wrote:Something strange is happening. After i enter notes i get this to see. Between '' can be different of course.
city2id: SELECT id, parent_id FROM locations WHERE key_city = binary 'Groningen' AND key_zip = binary '9726' AND key_country = binary 'Netherlands'
My EBT Profile
Best portuguese ranking: 2 (2022-09-22)
Best international ranking: 65 (2025-11-21)
My EBTcheck statistics
My nigmm statistics
Link for my EBTST statistics on my EBT profile
Best portuguese ranking: 2 (2022-09-22)
Best international ranking: 65 (2025-11-21)
My EBTcheck statistics
My nigmm statistics
Link for my EBTST statistics on my EBT profile