Page 3 of 6
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:48 pm
by Dakkus
Oh! That must be the Schwartzwald everyone's talking about!
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:52 pm
by mieg
hi all,
i can't belive that any one else (than a german) is stupid enough to build that

!!!
When I do my military service I was in Ellwangen. The military buildings there were from 1939. One of the buildings had the mentionded shape. But after the war they were smart enought to blow up a part of the building... so now its just a "S".
Greetings from Germany
MiEg
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:05 pm
by mieg
... and somthing nice:
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&ti ... =addr&om=0
it's a very small inline-skating-place ... with a few ramps and one Box... and someone is grinding on this box

.
LG
mieg
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:47 pm
by Crossmaster
mieg wrote:
When I do my military service I was in Ellwangen. The military buildings there were from 1939. One of the buildings had the mentionded shape. But after the war they were smart enought to blow up a part of the building... so now its just a "S".
They should better blow away the old cinema with this very very uncomfortable chairs....

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:00 pm
by androl
I like this area
http://maps.google.de/maps?t=k&ll=48.65 ... 13608&z=11
if you zoom in, you'll see some very funny looking "villages"
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:18 pm
by doiknow
This plane just started at Rhein-Main Airport Frankfurt (FRA)
Somehow it made it three times on the map

This may give some interesting kind of infomation on frequence the satellite took the photos with: We just need to know the speed of the plane, the speed of the wind....and it's direction
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&ge ... &z=16&om=1
Zoom in to maximum and see the hot air behind the jets....(Ground get fuzzy)
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 pm
by androl
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:42 pm
by androl
hmm, the shadow of
this person has the same shape as the arrow on the street

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:05 pm
by Dakkus
doiknow wrote:This plane just started at Rhein-Main Airport Frankfurt (FRA)
Somehow it made it three times on the map

This may give some interesting kind of infomation on frequence the satellite took the photos with: We just need to know the speed of the plane, the speed of the wind....and it's direction
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&ge ... &z=16&om=1
Zoom in to maximum and see the hot air behind the jets....(Ground get fuzzy)
It's just that.. The photos haven't been taken by a satellite, but by airplanes, instead. Only the very furthest pictures are taken by satellites. That's also why some cities have no usable imaginery of them. Either Google hasn't managed to get in contact with a company that takes colour photos from air, or the pictures have been considered too expensive compared to how many people they would serve.
So, we can see that the photographing plane has been flying about the same way with the big jet, just a lot higher. And we know that the photographing plane has flown relatively slow, as a plane that has just taken off hasn't reached its maximum speed yet. But that's pretty much it all, sorry.
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:41 pm
by androl
okay, I observed that situation a bit
from the view of vertical things on the ground, you can find out the spots where the mapping plane has been when it made the photographs. These are about 475 m away from each other.
The shadows of the white planes are in a special scale always 98 pixels long, while the plane itself is once 105, once 114 and once 124 pixels long. That would mean, the mapping plane is flying 15, 7 and 5 times as high as the white plane (that 15 can't be, that would mean, the plane is the first time only half way over the ground as the second time, but the distance to its shadow is 92.8% ???)
In the second appearance of the white plane, the mapping plane was exactly over it.
So, depending on the correct values and depending on the time of year and thus the distance of the shadow to the plane, the mapping plane is between 2000 and 5000 meters over the ground, and it is flying at 75% of the speed of the white plane
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8351/f ... ffmlj8.jpg
red spots are where the Google plane is flying
red lines are the size of each photograph
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:01 pm
by androl
a broken bridge
I wouldn't like to drive over this one
(it's called the bridge of 25th of April, is that the reason why it's broken?

)
http://maps.google.de/maps?t=k&ll=38.69 ... &z=17&om=1
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:22 am
by BogPoet
I've passed that bridge so many times (by car and by train) and never noticed it's broken!
I don't like to drive over that bridge, by the way, but it's only because there is a metallic grid in the leftmost lane both ways and cars driving over it make a noise which I hate. You can hear it
here. (But trust me, it's a lot more unpleasant live).
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:40 am
by androl
what program do I need to play .ogg soundfiles?
edit: I found a
pluginfor WMPlayer, now I can finally listen to wikipedia soundfiles!
here's a boat captured in a maze of houses

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:17 am
by Dakkus
androl wrote:what program do I need to play .ogg soundfiles?
Aren't you a geek?! You should know! I am disappointed, lord androl!
The answer:
Using Windows? Winamp.
Using Linux? XMMS.
Using Mac? XMMS or VLC (the latter might be better)
Using any OS out there? VLC.
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:38 am
by androl
well, I'm a geek on an old system, called Windows 98, and many programs tell me they need to download a plugin, but then they tell me they don't find any. Now I also downloaded a Winamp plugin, but it sounds crappy (at least that one file)