Latin

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

User avatar
magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3286
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:16 pm
Location: Düsseldorf
Contact:

Post by magpie »

There is no evidence that Lübke really said so. But it's true that he began an adress with "Dear Mr. President, dear Mrs. Tananarive!" on a visit to Tananarive - the capital of Madagaskar.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 12:06 pm
Location: Frankfurt / Main

Post by Asiamaniac »

As I said, during the time it is not always clear what he said and what is phantasy. Your contribution proves that everything is possible....
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Re: Latin

Post by Jes »

Antti wrote:[en]
People on EBT are multi-linguists, so I thought to ask if we have EBTers who can write in latin
[la]
Homines in EuroBillTrackere sunt multi-linguisti, et ideo cogitabam rogare, si habemus EuroBillTrackeres, qui in lingua latina scribere possunt.
Well... what about ESPERANTO which is much more easy than Latin?
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
Le Hibou
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Belgio
Contact:

Re: Latin

Post by Le Hibou »

Jes wrote: Well... what about ESPERANTO which is much more easy than Latin?
I second that!

In fact, most, if not all, modern Western European languages (I can't really speak for any others) are "much more easy" than Latin, and Esperanto is much easier than any of them, including English, French, Spanish, German, to name but a few.

I have been learning French on and off since the age of 11 (39 years ago!), and I have been living in French-speaking Belgium for the last 8 years, and yet while I consider my French to be good, I am far from fluent. However, I first came across Esperanto five years ago, and after 2 years I suddenly realised that I could actually speak Esperanto better than I could French.

If any EBT members are interested in learning a little bit of Esperanto, you could do worse than visiting http://eo.lernu.net where there is a free course in many, many different languages.

Bonan ŝancon!
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Re: Latin

Post by Jes »

Le Hibou wrote: I first came across Esperanto five years ago, and after 2 years I suddenly realised that I could actually speak Esperanto better than I could French.

Bonan ŝancon!
Vivu esperanto!! :wink: Dua lingvo apud gepatra!
Le Hibou wrote: If any EBT members are interested in learning a little bit of Esperanto, you could do worse than visiting http://eo.lernu.net where there is a free course in many, many different languages.
JES!! and simply... if you look for "ESPERANTO" in google, it will apear a lot of websites to learn it, developing skills, comunicate... etc.
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”