Page 5 of 85

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:49 am
by bhoeyb -not logged in-
Dakkus wrote:I bought a stamper from Lidl for 4,99€.
Image
For sale starting 26-1-2004 at Aldi in Belgium ... € 5,99.

1 from Germany

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:05 pm
by vermeer
Today i received banknote ?..00.0.0...
It was printed (black) with the text:
Sparkasse Celle
Zentralkasse Celle 2
on the backside
? = countrycode

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:13 pm
by diana333
As I work in a supermarket, I see a lot of notes who are stamped or being written on. I don't like it. Somehow it takes away the beauty of those notes. Mostly numbers are written on it. We do it also our selves when we count that notes. But sometimes I see even jokes written on it.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
by Fjon
I think there are so many broken, dirty, creased, written-on notes that it doesn't make a huge difference. I would say about 10% of the notes I see have some sort of number written on them (usually by the bank). One or two more stamped notes isn't really that big a deal

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:16 pm
by Fjon
Actually, speaking of stamps....
A few days ago I lodged some money in my account, including two notes with a stamp on them: "Track this Note on www.eurobilltracker.com".
The bank employee looked suspiciously at the first note, but when he saw TWO stamped notes in the same pile he started panicking. He went over to the back of the bank and talked to the manager. After about 30 seconds of talking and looking at the note, they finally decided to accept it. Pity the employee didn't log the note afterwards - that would have been funny!
Morale - I will not lodge any stamped ontes in future to avoid this embarrasment. All my stamped notes are from now on going to be spent in shops ;)

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:09 am
by Klazu
What an incident, fjon! :D

You shouldn't be embarressed. According to ECB it's OK to mark notes if one decides to! Banks are not allowed to pick their customers. You should just raise your voice if they start to mumble something about your stamps... :wink:

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:42 pm
by bhoeyb
Image

As you can see, this weekend, I've bought a stamp too :) . I'm only stamping extremely used banknotes. They'll be destroyed by the NBB anyway.
This note is my first stamped note (I wrote that also in the comment). Try to find it :wink: .

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:40 pm
by vermeer
Nice initative to stamp banknotes, that anyaway are going to be destroyed if they are torn (or in bad shape). I have seen my share of completely torn bills and trying to restore them with tape. Often torn in the middle (a nice smooth line), but sometimes also with curve. If banknotes are to be destroyed a pencil can also be use, i think.

And yes, often i have done it myself, when it wanted to retrieve a 5 Eurobanknote from a bundle from the Dutch central bank. Embarissing to say the least.

I had a 5 Eurobanknote entered with 2 different serialnumbers on 29 September 2004. The banknote was ?..9...99955. Who has the other part?

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:43 pm
by _Marcel_
bhoeyb wrote:Image

As you can see, this weekend, I've bought a stamp too :) . I'm only stamping extremely used banknotes. They'll be destroyed by the NBB anyway.
This note is my first stamped note (I wrote that also in the comment). Try to find it :wink: .
nice stamp, maby it is an idea to use you site www.mijneuro.tk than you get also new referals :roll:

Maby you can spent it in Zonhoven, i will searching there within al couple of weeks :wink:

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:34 pm
by Klazu
I don't like the idea of having own URLs that re-direct to ones referer URL. That is VERY confusing for new users and why to take that kind of benefit? :? Please, keep using the real URL www.eurobilltracker.com! :idea:

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:48 pm
by Ernst
I have learnt somewhere on the forum that www.eurobilltracker.org is an alternative url (and no refererlink). In my opinion this should look much more sympathetic to people who dont know ebt, thats why I use that url when I write about it in forums or on notes occasionally.
Is there any reason not to use it?

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:11 pm
by bhoeyb
Klazu wrote:I don't like the idea of having own URLs that re-direct to ones referer URL. That is VERY confusing for new users and why to take that kind of benefit? :? Please, keep using the real URL www.eurobilltracker.com! :idea:
That's why I didn't use my url.
It's also a .tk - sometimes .tk urls don't work for some time :roll: .
_Marcel_ wrote:Maybe you can spent it in Zonhoven, i will searching there within al couple of weeks :wink:
My first www'ed note has been used in Herentals (to buy 'fritten'). I'm sure some of my notes are still in my hometown Zonhoven. Goodluck!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:30 pm
by Enii
Fjon - i also lodged a note with the Eurobilltracker stamp in the bank and the Teller also looked at it strangely. Am going to stick to spending marked notes in shops!!!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:24 pm
by bhoeyb
Strange story:

A few moments ago, I was at the petrol station. It was my first time there. I payed with a stamped 10€ note.
Suddenly, the shopkeeper (SK) noticed the stamp 8O ... I was thinking he would refuse to accept my note ... ohooh :? ...

SK: did you entered this bill on this website?
me: Euuh ... -???-
SK: well, if you enter this note on this website, you can see where it's comming from.
me: Oh yeah?
SK: Yes, this website (he showed me the note again)
me: Do you enter €-notes?
SK: yes, I did in the past. But it takes a lot of time. And I need glasses to see the small code.
me: hmm, nice ... bye
SK: goodbye

8O :o :lol: .... I'm curious if the shopkeeper will enter this note or not :roll: .
I think, next visit, I'll give him some more info about me and EBT :lol: .

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:32 pm
by Klazu
@Bhoeyb: That's hilarious story! :mrgreen: I almost ended up LMAOONF. :mrgreen:

You really end up in nice situations with this hobby. It's nice you share these moments with us. :P It's sad that you didn't reveal yourself to the shopkeeper. Maybe we would have got one inactive user back to active. :wink: