FIFA World Cup - Germany 2006

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Post Reply
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14790
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by Fons »

MetalAtog wrote:And Germany just beat Poland 1-0 with a goal in the extra time.
I'm Dutch, so I don´t like it that Germany won a match again :):)
User avatar
JP Simões
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by JP Simões »

Germany (virtually) on the Last 16 now.
De férias por período indeterminado...
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

Fons wrote:I'm Dutch, so I don´t like it that Germany won a match again :):)
Sincere condolences!
User avatar
O´Leipzig
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1060
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: Mühlheim am Main

Post by O´Leipzig »

:flag-de: Yes indeed, the way into the next round seems to be free.:flag-de:

:flag-de: Player of the match was Phillip Lahm. And David Odonkor remembers me on Speedy Gonzales. :D :flag-de:

:flag-de: I´m very happy ´cause the next match of our team I´ll watch on screen in Ibiza, where I travel to on Monday. :flag-de:
User avatar
DAVID & KATY
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2801
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 pm
Location: Portugal=> Algarve=> Olhão

Post by DAVID & KATY »

A big lucky for Germany :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
Location: Berlin

Post by Nerzhul »

Lucky, but not in the least undeserved ... this time ;-)

As for the best wishes from the Netherlands, I'm certain that these feelings are warmly returned from most people in Germany ;-)
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
User avatar
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 7382
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Lottum - Limburg - The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Ralf »

Germany was better but after all they have often much luck.
I saw a program in Germany that people there hope that the Netherlands will make it far into the tournament.
User avatar
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12070
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Tres Cantos, Spain

Post by pepitopulpito »

I don't know who said it, I think it was Jorge Valdano....
"Football is a sport where they play eleven against eleven and where Germany always win..."

Totally agree with that after the match against Poland... Anyway, congratulations, 99.99% in quarters...

(What do you think about the referee of yesterday's match? He's Spanish, Medina Cantalejo, and already whistled Barcelona-Real Madrid... he destroyed the match. Yesterday he gave me the feeling that he didn't know what he was doing...)
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

pepitopulpito wrote:I don't know who said it, I think it was Jorge Valdano....
"Football is a sport where they play eleven against eleven and where Germany always win..."
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."
Gary Lineker
User avatar
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12070
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Tres Cantos, Spain

Post by pepitopulpito »

Donald wrote:
pepitopulpito wrote:I don't know who said it, I think it was Jorge Valdano....
"Football is a sport where they play eleven against eleven and where Germany always win..."
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."
Gary Lineker
That's it, so what I know is Jorge Valdano's version :lol: :lol: :wink:
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
User avatar
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, UK

Post by lazza »

Fons wrote:
MetalAtog wrote:And Germany just beat Poland 1-0 with a goal in the extra time.
I'm Dutch, so I don´t like it that Germany won a match again :):)
I'm English, and I don't like to see Germany win either :wink:

because they always knock us out of the competition! And we are due to meet them in a later round, I think
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14790
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by Fons »

I still have the feeling that the Germans won't make it far in the tournament...
User avatar
MetalAtog
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:35 am

Post by MetalAtog »

lazza wrote:
Fons wrote:
MetalAtog wrote:And Germany just beat Poland 1-0 with a goal in the extra time.
I'm Dutch, so I don´t like it that Germany won a match again :):)
I'm English, and I don't like to see Germany win either :wink:

because they always knock us out of the competition! And we are due to meet them in a later round, I think
Don't worry, Portugal will find a way to knock England out of the competition again :mrgreen:
User avatar
JP Simões
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by JP Simões »

lazza wrote:I'm English, and I don't like to see Germany win either :wink:

because they always knock us out of the competition! And we are due to meet them in a later round, I think
If not in the Last 16, only in the Final.
De férias por período indeterminado...
User avatar
MetalAtog
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:35 am

Post by MetalAtog »

Zé da Silva wrote:
lazza wrote:I'm English, and I don't like to see Germany win either :wink:

because they always knock us out of the competition! And we are due to meet them in a later round, I think
If not in the Last 16, only in the Final.
Even better :mrgreen:
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”