Getting Euros in Switzerland and Liechtenstein
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:07 am
On Tuesday we'll fly to Switzerland, where we are going to spend 12 days traveling around the country (our small summer holiday). Our trip will go through cities like:

Zürich
Basel
Interlaken

Vaduz

Chamonix
St. Louis
From all of those cities it would be nice to get as many euros as possible, so I was thinking what would be the best way to obtain notes?
As Switzerland and Liechtenstein are both surrounded by Euro countries, so I would imagine their banks having lots of euro notes. But does anyone have experience on how willing they would be towards swapping notes? What about hotels and money exchange offices?
We are also going to visit France (Chamonix, St. Louis) and Germany (Weil am Rhein) shortly and in Germany I expect no problems in swapping notes. What about in France? Any idea which banks would be willing to swap euros into euros in France? When I last time was in France, I unfortunately had no time to visit banks, so I don't yet have any experience on how co-operative the French banks are. So all tips are welcome.
Zürich
Basel
Interlaken
Vaduz
Chamonix
St. Louis
From all of those cities it would be nice to get as many euros as possible, so I was thinking what would be the best way to obtain notes?
We are also going to visit France (Chamonix, St. Louis) and Germany (Weil am Rhein) shortly and in Germany I expect no problems in swapping notes. What about in France? Any idea which banks would be willing to swap euros into euros in France? When I last time was in France, I unfortunately had no time to visit banks, so I don't yet have any experience on how co-operative the French banks are. So all tips are welcome.
