Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by avij » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:48 pm

I spent this Saturday evening migrating one of the name servers of EBT from a CentOS 6 server to a new CentOS 7 server. Hopefully I didn't break anything. There were quite a few moving parts.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

User avatar
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 19359
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am
Location: Den Haag (NL)
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by eddydevries » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

When you ask (one or more) notes to be changed with a support ticket, your question will be delivered after half an hour.
That was done, so you had time delete your question if you noticed you made a mistake with it.

Today I changed 4 notes, but made a mistake with one of them. To change that I wrote a support ticket.
After that, I noticed another mistake in all 4 of them, but I couldn't write a support ticket (because one note was already asked to be changed).

But now I can't cancel the first support ticket allthough it's entered only 1-2 minutes ago (not half an hour)
And I can't write a support ticket including the first one (that used to "automatically close the first support ticket"). Now it shows an 'error': "You already have an open support request for at least one of the displayed notes. Please refine your search criteria."

How can I close that support ticket, so I can change all notes again?
Eddy - Den Haag - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1673 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1733.

Facebook-profile + hyves-profile + postcrossing

User avatar
Castanhola
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:47 pm
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Contact:

My profile / Notes / Statistics

Post by Castanhola » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 pm

When we select the command, My profile / Notes / Statistics our position on rank is frequently wrong (and sometimes also the number of notes). If you just login the values are correct, but if you don't logout and you apply the same command some time later, the values will be wrong.

For example I'm now on position 132. Just after login it shows 132 (correct) but if I repeat the command some time later, it will show 133 or 134. Refreshing the page do not correct the values. The only way I found to correct the values is to logout and login again, and then it will show again the correct value (132). The behaviour is the same on Firefox and on Safari, for me.

User avatar
Castanhola
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:47 pm
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Contact:

Re: My profile / Notes / Statistics

Post by Castanhola » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Castanhola wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 pm
When we select the command, My profile / Notes / Statistics our position on rank is frequently wrong (and sometimes also the number of notes). If you just login the values are correct, but if you don't logout and you apply the same command some time later, the values will be wrong.

For example I'm now on position 132. Just after login it shows 132 (correct) but if I repeat the command some time later, it will show 133 or 134. Refreshing the page do not correct the values. The only way I found to correct the values is to logout and login again, and then it will show again the correct value (132). The behaviour is the same on Firefox and on Safari, for me.
I check the behaviour of the EBT My profile / Notes / Statistics command, and just after login I get the correct information on the following image:

StatisticsJustAfterLogin.png
Correct information just after login
StatisticsJustAfterLogin.png (41.01 KiB) Viewed 615 times

If we do not enter more notes on EBT the information stays correct (I wait up to one hour). But immediately after enter more notes, the information became wrong. In this case I just enter a :note-10: note on EBT and I get the information on the following image:

StatisticsAfterEnter10EuroNote.png
Wrong information just after enter one 10€ note
StatisticsAfterEnter10EuroNote.png (40.94 KiB) Viewed 615 times

Now the number of entered notes is wrong (should be 203484), as well as the position on rank (should be 132), but the value of all entered notes was actualized and is correct. At least the average notes per days and the average value of the notes should also be wrong, but in this case the values doesn't change because I enter only one more note. The other values seems to be correct.

Only if I logout and login again the command will get the correct values.

Should this be a bug of the EBT site? :roll:

User avatar
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1617
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Dingolfing, Germany
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by tigerpranke » Sat May 05, 2018 1:51 pm

A new combination has been found: :note-5: W/W :flag-eu: :flag-de: 8O

Please add it to the valid entries, so the note can be entered by mainzelmaennchen.

Thanks a lot :D

User avatar
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1617
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Dingolfing, Germany
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by tigerpranke » Sat May 12, 2018 11:31 am

tigerpranke wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:51 pm
A new combination has been found: :note-5: W/W :flag-eu: :flag-de: 8O

Please add it to the valid entries, so the note can be entered by mainzelmaennchen.

Thanks a lot :D
Is this the wrong place for the request or is nobody feeling responsible? :?

User avatar
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4627
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by lmviterbo » Sat May 12, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm formally requesting access to this — and also to the deletion of accounts. I am not a developer but I can read some code and, if needed, I can ask for help (a very good friend of mine is a programmer).

With the lack of active maintenance by the workgroup charged with it, EBT seems to be slowly abandoned. I know all of us are volunteers and I don't blame anyone. Instead, I'm offering the help I can. Taking into account my lack of expertise, I do understand if I'm denied this request though.

User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by avij » Sun May 13, 2018 11:01 am

I'm told those W/W :note-5: notes should work now.

"I can ask for help" help is the problem here. What we would really need first is an active Development workgroup leader from whom those questions could be asked. That person would need at least an intermediate level of skills in PHP to be able to figure things out, and could then assist other Dev WG members with their questions. Workgroup leaders are also responsible for recruiting new people to their WG.

Unless this leadership issue gets solved we'll stay in this stalled situation forever.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

User avatar
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4627
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by lmviterbo » Sun May 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks for the explanation, avij.

:(

User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: Bugs et problèmes

Post by avij » Mon May 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Juliento wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 pm
J'obtiens ce message pour la première fois en entrant un :note-5: :flag-eu: avec pour code court U006A4 :

Savez-vous quel est le problème ? J'ai bien entendu vérifier à deux fois et j'ai bien noté la valeur et les numéros correctement.
The key here is the "Vous avez entré une dénomination non valide". If the denomination is not valid, the Europa serial number check also fails, because some of those are valid only for certain denominations.

But what's wrong with the denomination? I can see this in the log:

Code: Select all

2018-05-20 18:08:54 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:09:23 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:10:03 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:12:55 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:17:45 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:49:20 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
The value should be "5", not "5m" or "5r". I have no idea why it ended up like that. Did you do something unusual when entering the note? Did you enter the note details to the form, or did you cut&paste them from somewhere, or did you use the "Importer les données sur les billets" form at the bottom?
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

Juliento
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Saint-Etienne (France)

Re: Bugs et problèmes

Post by Juliento » Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm

avij wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:49 pm
Juliento wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 pm
J'obtiens ce message pour la première fois en entrant un :note-5: :flag-eu: avec pour code court U006A4 :

Savez-vous quel est le problème ? J'ai bien entendu vérifier à deux fois et j'ai bien noté la valeur et les numéros correctement.
The key here is the "Vous avez entré une dénomination non valide". If the denomination is not valid, the Europa serial number check also fails, because some of those are valid only for certain denominations.

But what's wrong with the denomination? I can see this in the log:

Code: Select all

2018-05-20 18:08:54 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:09:23 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:10:03 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:12:55 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:17:45 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:49:20 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
The value should be "5", not "5m" or "5r". I have no idea why it ended up like that. Did you do something unusual when entering the note? Did you enter the note details to the form, or did you cut&paste them from somewhere, or did you use the "Importer les données sur les billets" form at the bottom?
Hello and thank you for the answer.

The note is a "5". I didn't do something unusual with it when entering, just enter manually the numbers.
This is really strange. Could this be a false note ?

Juliento
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Saint-Etienne (France)

Re: Bugs et problèmes

Post by Juliento » Mon May 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Juliento wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm
avij wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:49 pm
Juliento wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 pm
J'obtiens ce message pour la première fois en entrant un :note-5: :flag-eu: avec pour code court U006A4 :

Savez-vous quel est le problème ? J'ai bien entendu vérifier à deux fois et j'ai bien noté la valeur et les numéros correctement.
The key here is the "Vous avez entré une dénomination non valide". If the denomination is not valid, the Europa serial number check also fails, because some of those are valid only for certain denominations.

But what's wrong with the denomination? I can see this in the log:

Code: Select all

2018-05-20 18:08:54 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:09:23 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:10:03 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:12:55 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:17:45 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5m Error:32770
2018-05-20 18:49:20 : [User 198124] Serial:UD014xxx Shortcode:U006A4 Year:2002 Value:5r Error:32770
The value should be "5", not "5m" or "5r". I have no idea why it ended up like that. Did you do something unusual when entering the note? Did you enter the note details to the form, or did you cut&paste them from somewhere, or did you use the "Importer les données sur les billets" form at the bottom?
Hello and thank you for the answer.

The note is a "5". I didn't do something unusual with it when entering, just enter manually the numbers.
This is really strange. Could this be a false note ?
I finally managed to enter the note by trying an other browser (Firefox instead of Edge)...
This is still strange because I had no problem with a 20 and a 50 with Edge today and the same issue with an other 5 (V / VB) : bad with Edge but OK with Firefox.

User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by avij » Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 pm

OK, so this may be browser-related. Of course I don't have any computers capable of running Edge here at home. Can you see the version number or build number of Edge somewhere?
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by avij » Wed May 23, 2018 5:30 am

avij wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 pm
OK, so this may be browser-related. Of course I don't have any computers capable of running Edge here at home. Can you see the version number or build number of Edge somewhere?
This would still be useful to know. As for fixing, let's try the easiest approach first. See if there are any updates available for Windows/Edge and install them if available. You may need to restart your computer afterwards. If this does not help we'll need to dig deeper.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

User avatar
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Lis., Portugal
Contact:

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by Montgomery Burns » Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm

There's a big Windows 10 update out there (April update), which many people may or may not have gotten yet (mine popped up about a week ago).

Post Reply

Return to “Feedback and Development”