Page 1 of 2

Croatia in Europe?

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:01 pm
by Olivier
A new on the site www.euobserver.com :
"The Croatian Prime Minister, Ivica Racan, confirmed on Monday that Croatia would submit its formal application to become a member of the European Union on 18 February in Athens."

There are so four candidates: Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey and now Croatia...

(more hits, more hits, more hits!! :lol: )

Olivier

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:16 am
by BossaNova
in the meanwhile europe, or it's politicians are geting more and more divided with the Iraq issue :evil: , today there was that stupid letter, Aznar idea..

this is only giving reason to stupid Rumsfeld, there are 2 Europes..

well at least the European people is united in this issue, 86% are against war :P

bn :arrow:

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:08 am
by francky
BossaNova wrote:today there was that stupid letter, Aznar idea..
Really sure that's Aznar's idea ...
Isn't it rather Bush's Idea ??
:evil:

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:36 pm
by Olivier
BossaNova wrote:in the meanwhile europe, or it's politicians are geting more and more divided with the Iraq issue :evil: , today there was that stupid letter, Aznar idea..

this is only giving reason to stupid Rumsfeld, there are 2 Europes..

well at least the European people is united in this issue, 86% are against war :P

bn :arrow:
I agree with you... The Americans laugh at the European leaders. I can see it on the american channels from where I live. :x :evil:

<<<well at least the European people is united in this issue, 86% are against war :P >>

That's why we should vote for a european leader, and why the parlement in Strasburg should get more influence!

Olivier

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:37 pm
by Olivier
francky wrote:
BossaNova wrote:today there was that stupid letter, Aznar idea..
Really sure that's Aznar's idea ...
Isn't it rather Bush's Idea ??
:evil:
Bush and Blair... they both don't like the idea of a united (and strong) Europe.

O.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:07 am
by BossaNova
francky wrote:
BossaNova wrote:today there was that stupid letter, Aznar idea..
Really sure that's Aznar's idea ...
Isn't it rather Bush's Idea ??
:evil:
It was really Aznar's idea, this guy is trying to get more political importance outside Spain (no matter if that costs some Irakian blood).. he dreams becoming president of Europe.. in the meanwhile in Spain he's getting more and more unpopular, specially after Prestige.. Blair of course loved the idea, so did Berlusconi.. the other ones are just poor guys.. also trying to be seen by US as friends, and that way they think their importance will grow.. poor guys.. this is deeply sad indeed.. really nobody cares about Irakians..

Oil, political influence, Dollars or Euros.. that's all that matters :cry:

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:12 am
by Olivier
BossaNova wrote: the other ones are just poor guys.. also trying to be seen by US as friends, and that way they think their importance will grow.. poor guys..
I've seen on Radio Canada (the 1st canadian TV) that the Americans were glad that Italy and Spain said they agree... but for the American it's just words, because Italy and Spain also said that no soldier would go there.

Aznar will never be president of Europe, because of this pro-US declaration against France and Germany.

It's the same thing about Turkey whose leaders think that they can be in the European Union because Whashington supports them loudly.

O.

Re: Croatia in Europe?

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:36 pm
by Fons
Olivier wrote:A new on the site www.euobserver.com :
"The Croatian Prime Minister, Ivica Racan, confirmed on Monday that Croatia would submit its formal application to become a member of the European Union on 18 February in Athens."

There are so four candidates: Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey and now Croatia...

(more hits, more hits, more hits!! :lol: )

Olivier
More hits is nice, but a it most not become a worster economie in the EU.

Re: Croatia in Europe?

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:16 pm
by Olivier
Fons wrote:
Olivier wrote:A new on the site www.euobserver.com :
"The Croatian Prime Minister, Ivica Racan, confirmed on Monday that Croatia would submit its formal application to become a member of the European Union on 18 February in Athens."

There are so four candidates: Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey and now Croatia...

(more hits, more hits, more hits!! :lol: )

Olivier
More hits is nice, but a it most not become a worster economie in the EU.
I think Croatia won't be inside EU before years at last...
Albania is candidate since yesterday also.

O.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:04 am
by Phaedrus42
Albania? They will have a hard time becoming a member. So, who'll apply next? Ukraine? Belarus (talking about democracy LOL)? Maroc? I don't lnow, is this any good for these countries? I think the entire EU project has gotten a little out of hand.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:01 am
by Olivier
Phaedrus42 wrote:Albania? They will have a hard time becoming a member. So, who'll apply next? Ukraine? Belarus (talking about democracy LOL)? Maroc? I don't lnow, is this any good for these countries? I think the entire EU project has gotten a little out of hand.
No, I think it's the countries in the Balkans... Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina... but they will have to wait their turn, after Bulgaria, Romania...

Morocco has no chance.

O.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:20 pm
by Skylimit
I read a number of things I don't like yesterday, and I am not aware of.

First of all : the new member states from the East are very pro-American. I think they will be giving us a very hard time, and will divide Europe so hard it may implode. For instance : USA is pissed at Germany, and they intend to pull out there troops, and move them to POLAND ! Very pro-American, and they will uses the former basis of the Red Army.

You must know that the Russians agreed to enlargement of NATO on the condition that no troops would be stationed in the former countries of the Warsaw Pact ... OK why not put them in Warsaw ??

Second : Bush has formally agreed to the use of nuclear weapons in Iraq ...

This is very extreme right wing policy, I hope someone somewhere is able to put a stop to this nutcase, because the next thing you know is a world on fire with escalating violence (Compare to the hard liners in Israel ... what has it brought , blood blood & blood)

North Corea may be right, not to disarm, considering that, if you don't have nuclear weapons, they will land upon you !! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:16 pm
by Olivier
Skylimit wrote:First of all : the new member states from the East are very pro-American. I think they will be giving us a very hard time, and will divide Europe so hard it may implode. For instance : USA is pissed at Germany, and they intend to pull out there troops, and move them to POLAND ! Very pro-American, and they will uses the former basis of the Red Army.
What a symbol... a new occupation after the russian one...
Skylimit wrote: Second : Bush has formally agreed to the use of nuclear weapons in Iraq ...
This man is mad !!!

Which country is the only one to have already used twice the nuclear weapon on civilians? :evil:

We need a Political Europe right now !

Olivier

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:29 pm
by Fons
Phaedrus42 wrote:Albania? They will have a hard time becoming a member. So, who'll apply next? Ukraine? Belarus (talking about democracy LOL)? Maroc? I don't lnow, is this any good for these countries? I think the entire EU project has gotten a little out of hand.

I don't want Albania for EU, just because of the Economy, notes from Albania would be fun but is not important as the European Economy

I think that all those former Yugoslavian countries doesn't "deserve" it to get the euro or become a EU-member.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:51 pm
by Phaedrus42
Albania isn't Former Yugoslavia I think. And which countries do you count "former-yugoslavia"? Because Slovenia belonged do Yugoslavia as well, but has a much better economy than Poland, comparable to Greece.

And I think in the end most of these countries will be fit for it. But it might take some time. And has nothing to do with "deserving" to become a member, although I really don't know what you mean by that.