Page 1 of 1

New president of the ECB

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:55 am
by nodisch18
Yesterday I heard that Duisenberg will stay as president of the ECB uptill the court has made a desiscion about that new fellow from France who is about to follow Duisenberg up :?:.

So all of this will propably mean that it will take longer before we have new euro-notes. :cry:

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:20 pm
by eurobillsandcoins
Jean-Claude-Trichet of the Banque de France competed with Duisenberg in 1998 for the role of the ECB president. Trichet was very disappointed soon after he lost, and he was looking forward to Duisenberg's leave. Trichet is still under investigation for the bail-out of Credit Lyonnais so that might have interfered. Bad for us, no new signature bills! :(

Re: New president of the ECB

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:09 am
by Olivier
nodisch18 wrote: So all of this will propably mean that it will take longer before we have new euro-notes. :cry:
I don't think it will be long. The court must tell its judgement in june I have read...