Page 1 of 2

Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:02 pm
by androl
2002 discussion
2003 discussion
2004 discussion
2005 discussion
2006 discussion nr. 1
2006 discussion nr. 2
2007 discussion
2008 discussion

all the songs for this year's ESC have been chosen

you can listen to or download them here, here or here
and read the lyrics here

my favourites this year are Estonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, also good is Israel, Serbia, Andorra, Lithuania
and Belgium gets a special prize for the lyrics :lol:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:00 pm
by Kleman
and mine is NOT France :mrgreen:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 pm
by Sirmia
For me, the first 3:

1: Estonia
2: Ireland
3: Portugal

and Norway gets an extra prize as I can't even compare it with the other songs! But I love it :lol:

I also like the songs of Iceland, Switzerland, Finland, Lithuania, France and Romania :)

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 pm
by jrnsndrs
Netherlands send 'De Toppers'. I think they will return as 'De Floppers' (flop is also in Dutch a big failure)

And de is an article.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:15 am
by gustrot
This year, France will send a known singer, the one with the best recognition all over Europe, and especially Russia where she gave thousands of concerts... I name.... Patricia KAAS... My wife has been an ABSOLUTE fan for 19 years, so I begin to know the songs !!

Hopefully we will have some votes from Eastern Europe this year and will finish elsewhere than in the 5 last positions as usual :roll:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:06 pm
by Ewri
gustrot wrote:This year, France will send a known singer, the one with the best recognition all over Europe, and especially Russia where she gave thousands of concerts... I name.... Patricia KAAS... My wife has been an ABSOLUTE fan for 19 years, so I begin to know the songs !!

Hopefully we will have some votes from Eastern Europe this year and will finish elsewhere than in the 5 last positions as usual :roll:
A very demanding French song this year, but is better than some of the most recent ones.

I like Germany and Norway songs particularly.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 am
by Schlauchen
Today is the day :)
To be honest, I didn't watch the semi-finals, and I also haven't listened to any song except the german one.
I guess we'll achieve one of the last positions today, the german song is absolutely awful :(
Article today in our local newspaper: "The fear of another disgrace"

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:19 am
by vermeer
Is there still somebody in this political nonsense.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:59 am
by gille
I vote for Turkey, Hadise because Belgium is bad!

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:25 pm
by Asiamaniac
I just know the songs from watching the show. Right now Albania is singing.

My favourites so far are Greece and Iceland.

And well, the German contribution this year is not as dull as it was too often in recent years. Should not be worse than rank 15.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:26 pm
by Asiamaniac
Should even be quite better.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:55 pm
by Schlauchen
The notes I took during watching:

Lithuania 2 Points boring
Israel 4 points okay
france: sang like she had pain, and I didn't understand a work --> 3 points
Sweden: opera, strange dress, but it had a certain charme. I liked it, 7 points
croatia: boring, pain for my ears. 2 points
portugal: well, I can't say much about that song, I was chatting with ravestorm, but seems it was nothing special. 3 points because I'm so kind.
Iceland: also here I didn't notice much because of several chats, but I liked it a bit. 5 points.
greece: strange outfit, gay singer, commercial song, but I liked it. 6 points
armenia: I loved the song of last year, but this one was absolutely not my taste. 2 points
russia: of course all russia wants that we vote for them, but it was ************************ - 1 point
azerbaijan: my family hates it, I love it!!!! 11 points
bosnia: a good song to fall asleep. 2 points
moldova: erm.. I wasn't too concentrated, but they jumped quite a lot on the stage. Now, 1 min after their show, I don't even remember the melody. 3 points, was obviously not important
Malta: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a bit boring. 4 points because I like ewri :)
estonia: I get more and more tired. 2 points
denmark: My mom loves the song. Obviously I don't like it then. 5 points
germany: not bad, not bad. But at the beginning Dita von Teese was almost not in the picture, what a waste of money. Though, 7 points
turkey: a nice difference to all the other good-night-songs. As I prefer up-tempo-songs: 10 points
Albania: Hm. Hm. Hm. Hm. A normal song, nothing else, nothing special, but not boring. 5 points
norway: Sorry, but not my taste. 2 points
ukraine: Also the irc-channel #eurovision thinks like I do: the song is awful, but the show and the girl are nice. 6 points
romania: really nothing special. 3 points for a lot of dancing
uk: I liked it! 9 points!
finland: cool rythm, but I still like azerbaijan better. 10 points
spain: normal pop song, nothing special, and looking at the fact that I don't like her haircut, I give her 4 points

1--> azerbaijan
2--> turkey
3--> finland

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:05 pm
by Asiamaniac
My votes:
Iceland 3 calls :?
Greece 1 call
Sweden 1 call

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:09 pm
by soilian
Schlauchen wrote:1--> azerbaijan
2--> turkey
3--> finland
Thanks Schlauchen! :wink:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:12 pm
by soilian
Asiamaniac wrote:My votes:
Sweden 1 call
That's awful! I'm sorry to say this but Sweden's entry was just something I wouldn't have wanted to qualify to the final.