Page 1 of 1

Summer time

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:38 am
by francky
Hi
In France, since this nigth, we're in summertime.
What about the Other country?
For this server, it is not the case because it delays one hour with
France

My first Poll :P

Summer time

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:21 am
by EuroBillTracker
Humm... should I make that the poll for April ?

Ah... I voted...

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:27 pm
by mts
AFAIK it's called "daylight saving time" in English. And it's an EU regulation, all members switch to "summer time" in the last Sunday of March at 1 o'clock GMT and back to "winter time" or "normal time" in the last Sunday of October at 1 o'clock GMT.

I don't like it very much.. too much hassle.

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:47 pm
by Craco
Did vote no. I hate that switching of hours 2 times a year, just choose one and stick to it for the complete year. Now I had to get up one hour early and lost one hour during the day to switch all my clocks at home, car, desk etc... :evil:

Greetzz,

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:54 pm
by EuroBillTracker
mts wrote: AFAIK it's called "daylight saving time" in English.
Ahhh !! That's what you meant ?? I thought you meant the summer season :(
I vote no after all...

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:08 am
by pinguino79
Don't know what to say; setting the clocks twice a year bothers me.
BTW, I discovered that I forgot to set the clock in my bedroom last autumn, so I didn't need to set it back to DLS... never watched it :oops:
In Italy we call it "ora legale" (legal time) opposed to "ora solare" (solar time)

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:25 am
by sralfalo
Oh yes, I do like the Summertime coz I luve late sunsets!

Lars

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:53 pm
by Flip the Coin
craco wrote: Did vote no. I hate that switching of hours 2 times a year, just choose one and stick to it for the complete year. Now I had to get up one hour early and lost one hour during the day to switch all my clocks at home, car, desk etc... :evil:
I voted YES. I was working in the nightshift this time and I like it to work 7 hours and get money for 8.. :wink:

Flip the Coin

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:06 am
by micro
Daylight saving time is a silly thing, kind of a collective self-cheating, so I voted no :twisted:

To keep the annoyance low, I can recommend radio-controlled clocks. They're pretty cheap in electronics stores and do the silly setting procedure by themselves. 8)

If you want to set your PC clock accurately to the second, here's a nice free tool: Cmdtime. This little tool sets your PC clock to the time of an atomic clock server via Internet connection. I've been using it for years. 8)

micro

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:05 am
by Olivier
I love summertime. We enjoy more sun in the evening!

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:07 am
by eurobillsandcoins
I love summer, I always love having the walks with my wife and/or the family on Friday and Saturday nights in Paris.

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:09 am
by milanocapitale
i wish i have every week a double saturday and sunday,maybe this is better than summertime'jetlag'