€ 1.000.000 is getting closer every minute!
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
€ 1.000.000 is getting closer every minute!
How about a little party? 8)
GO GO GO EBT!!!
GO GO GO EBT!!!
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
€ 1.000.000 is getting closer every minute!
Yeah, what could we do ?Mr. T wrote: How about a little party?![]()
BTW, I think we'll reach 1Meuro the same week (day?) we reach 50,000 bills !!!
€ 1.000.000 is getting closer every minute!
Mr. T wrote: How about a little party?![]()
GO GO GO EBT!!!
20 000 notes fort Belgium... They are definitly the bests in Europe!
O.
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
But what about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. I didn't kept the stats, but let me do some back of the enveloppe calculations.EuroBillTracker wrote: [The first 10,000 bills took 44 days...
The last 10,000 bills took 8 days...
Today is day 103 of 2002, so 103-44=59 days for the last 90.000 notes.
Thats about 6,5 days on average, so it looks like the rate in which notes are entered isn't really increasing but the number of users does.
There are less then 300 users (out of 2651) who entered more then 30 notes and only 600 with more then 10 notes. So the problem doesn't seem to be to get new users (one artikel in a news paper will do) but to keep them comming back.
One more thing i noticed. euro.be entered a lot of notes the first few weeks but none ever since. How come a user quits so suddenly?
-
Mr Euro
Only 31 bills from 50.000
smh. I believe you miscalculated from 100.000 notes, it should be 50.000.
I agree that there should be some encouragement for the users to come back. The newsletter could be a start. Telling people about the milestones on the way are very appealling and suggest this is really working (50.000 notes, 1 million value, first three hits, first multicountry hit...)
Also a feature at the Eurodiffussion (you know the coins) which I like, is the monthly encouragement to go through your wallet and input what you got. This is very appealling. I noticed that the Belgian media write every month about that. So you don't actually get one article in one paper, but more articles ... more articles lead to more new users... more new users... more notes entered... more hits... more milestones.... more.... more... more..
smh. I believe you miscalculated from 100.000 notes, it should be 50.000.
I agree that there should be some encouragement for the users to come back. The newsletter could be a start. Telling people about the milestones on the way are very appealling and suggest this is really working (50.000 notes, 1 million value, first three hits, first multicountry hit...)
Also a feature at the Eurodiffussion (you know the coins) which I like, is the monthly encouragement to go through your wallet and input what you got. This is very appealling. I noticed that the Belgian media write every month about that. So you don't actually get one article in one paper, but more articles ... more articles lead to more new users... more new users... more notes entered... more hits... more milestones.... more.... more... more..
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
How about if I let you write part of the next newsletter ?Mr Euro wrote: I agree that there should be some encouragement for the users to come back. The newsletter could be a start. Telling people about the milestones on the way are very appealling and suggest this is really working (50.000 notes, 1 million value, first three hits, first multicountry hit...)
I'm serious !
What is their monthlyu enouragement like ? What's the difference with your first proposal ?Mr Euro wrote: Also a feature at the Eurodiffussion (you know the coins) which I like, is the monthly encouragement to go through your wallet and input what you got. This is very appealling. I noticed that the Belgian media write every month about that. So you don't actually get one article in one paper, but more articles ... more articles lead to more new users... more new users... more notes entered... more hits... more milestones.... more.... more... more..![]()
-
Guest
Sure, I'm interested and I can do that too. Just send me an email and we discuss it a little bit more, because I've some ideas for those newsletters.How about if I let you write part of the next newsletter ?
I'm serious !
(You have mine, I'm Mr Euro)
Every few days before the first of the month, they encourage people to input their coins so they have a monthly point in time that they can use for scientific reasons. The people receiving the email get a reminder about the project and do actually input their money. The reminder works great with people who are busy bees and forget about this or have lost the url (the eurodiffusionproject is a sublink for a mathgroupwebsite). But like you said if you start out sending newsletters with milestones in them people get reminded that way.
What is their monthlyu enouragement like ? What's the difference with your first proposal ?
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:



