Page 1 of 2

Näkemiin, goodbye, farväl, au revoir, tot ziens etc.

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:12 am
by Ville
I think it's time to say goodbye to EBT on my behalf.

I assume you don't know me, since I haven't been so active here in the Forum, but I've been quite an active Tracker since July 2002.

Today I entered my 1100th note and I have already made my decision to quit entering the notes after the 1111th one. That shall be in couple of days, I quess.

Reason for this? Dunno, perhaps I feel I have done my share and of course I can't deny the slight feeling of frustration after being an active member and still having no real hits.

So will I leave the EBT exclusively to you all, I believe it will be in good hands.

Thank you and Good Hunting!

Ville a.k.a Vee

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:38 am
by Marja
Too bad you're leaving, I can understand it though I'm only at 190 note and already frustrated not to have a hit (probably don't get one as it looks like the Irish aren't really into it, I've really tried). You would think that as you are in Belgium you would get a hit some time. Any way best of luck and maybe if you get a hit it might trigger you to come back again!

See you! :)

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:42 pm
by querty
I hope you soon get a hit. Because we see you back then. Maybe you will get a hit with me, I'm from the northeastern part of Belgium. I've entered 107 notes and I still haven't a hit. :(

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:51 pm
by Antti
I think I'm inclining towards the same decision with Ville, although for different reasons. I have four hits already (three of them with the same user, though) but I've lost my interest, suddendly I see no point in typing serials to some website where someone else could have typed the same serialnumber some day before or some day after, it seemed so fascinating a year or so ago but everything has its time and I think EBT's time in my life is over. I might insert a few random notes in the future if I get bored and have both my wallet and an internet connection within my reach, but I can't say anything of that.

For the last year EBT and later also the forum have been a great part of my life, maybe even myself. I've spent a lot of time trying to get serials and also reading and posting here on the forum (I'm still on place 11 on list of most posts even with virtually no posts for almost a month) I must admit I've enjoyed those moments and EBT will remain in my memories as a positive thing in my past. Also I had some problems with my personal life last winter so this kind of web life was a good extension for my life, especially social life, but now my life is changing I'm going to a new school and I have several new friends, including a lovely girlfriend, so I probably won't even have the time I had last winter.

For once more I want to say I'm not leaving with anger or hate and I want to say thanks to all of you and wish you all the best in life and following your notes on their tracks, keep on the good work and hold on to your interest or someday you might realise it's gone

--Antti

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:00 pm
by bhoeyb
Sad to hear you're leaving both. But things changes in life :roll: .
Goodluck and think about EBT when paying with a banknote :wink: .

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:41 pm
by !Pretfles!
Altough I'm new here, and I'm only on EBT for the last month,
I think I understand your decisions

maybe we'll get in touch sometime when we receive a hit together

I never say Farewell
only Goodbye

remember: a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:16 pm
by emmem
I can very well understand why people leave. Sometimes I've thought about quitting too. But it were very brief thoughts.

I'm registered to EBT almost since the beginning. Some minor enhancements that were applied to the site in the early days were due to me.

And to make it even harder to lose interest, in the beginning of this year I started to track the tracker.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:23 pm
by bhoeyb
emmem wrote: And to make it even harder to lose interest, in the beginning of this year I started to track the tracker.
I like your log a lot and visit it almost daily :) .

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:39 pm
by BogPoet
I find it very hard to understand how can someone leave. Probably, because I still feel I'm one of the new guys around here and I still feel that initial enthusiasm. It's a bit sad to see you go but I hope you guys come back some day, just to say hello, and, as bhoeyb said, think about EBT when handling those bills.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:37 pm
by !Pretfles!
BogPoet wrote:I find it very hard to understand how can someone leave. Probably, because I still feel I'm one of the new guys around here and I still feel that initial enthusiasm. It's a bit sad to see you go but I hope you guys come back some day, just to say hello, and, as bhoeyb said, think about EBT when handling those bills.
Thats exactly how I feel to

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:23 pm
by Antti
I returned to read your reactions. I remember once feeling like BogPoet and !Pretfles! but those days are long gone. But quitting doesn't mean forgetting and things may change again
edit: edited my profile, no more EBT in my interests section, though I don't spend very much time with volleyball these days nut I don't want to list everything I do.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:52 pm
by emmem
bhoeyb wrote:
emmem wrote: And to make it even harder to lose interest, in the beginning of this year I started to track the tracker.
I like your log a lot and visit it almost daily :) .
Thanks :D

I try to get a new post onto it every day. Unfortunately it's not always possible to find the time for doing it. :(

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:01 pm
by Skylimit
The notes that were entered stay in the system... So, nobody ever quits

The notes keep wandering. That is one of our nicer features.

I have my ups and downs myself ...
I will probably quit some day (but not today :wink: )

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:14 am
by Annie_in_exile
[quote="BogPoet"]I find it very hard to understand how can someone leave. [/quote]

Isn't it a bit like marriage? :D Some people are very committed and stay married for dozens of years. Others start to feel restless rather quickly, and find other interests...

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:52 pm
by Schaza
When you grow up your negative feeling about getting hit, it will be feel just better when you get it. I have inserted 520 note without hits, but im not feeling that i want quit. :)