Page 1 of 1

Problems to enter the site

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:51 pm
by querty
Am I the only one who has problems to enter the site today?

Re: Problems to enter the site

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:25 pm
by avij
querty wrote:Am I the only one who has problems to enter the site today?
Works fine here. What kind of problems are you seeing?

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:40 pm
by querty
The problems are solved I think. It took a few minutes before the site opened and than the words and the numbers were so big. But now it is over, everything is normal back.

I had the same 'problem'!

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:45 pm
by Fons
querty wrote:The problems are solved I think. It took a few minutes before the site opened and than the words and the numbers were so big. But now it is over, everything is normal back.
Yes, I had that too today :?
But after some time it was over and back to the normal size.
But everything worked fine, only the letters were bigger than normal.

Re: I had the same 'problem'!

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:41 pm
by avij
Fons wrote:But everything worked fine, only the letters were bigger than normal.
It took me a while to figure this out, but yes, there were probably problems like that today. As you may or may not be aware, the static files (flag images, banners, stylesheets etc) are served from a different server than the main EBT server to balance load and to conserve some bandwidth. Now it appears that the ISP hosting the second web server (www.eurobilltracker.net) had problems with their uplink service provider ("some of their equipment was broken, no further information is yet available") between 13:15 and 16:00 Finnish time. And because the browser was unable to get the stylesheet, it displayed things using default font and colour settings.