Page 1 of 1
Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:16 pm
by Skylimit
Belgian newspaper (hln) wrote Hungary may join Euro 2014 (or 2015)
Any other reports about this?
Re: Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:30 am
by Jes
What I know is what it is said here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary_and_the_euro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 pm
by tabbs
Don't think that for the current Hungarian government anything that requires international cooperation is high on the agenda. That sure is a problem in some regards, but as far as the euro is concerned: On one hand 2014/15 seems extremely unrealistic to me - on the other hand, if they want to stay out, fine.
Christian
Re: Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 12:58 pm
by Montgomery Burns
I searched and found this thread, and I shall use it (perhaps the title can be edited to 2034-2035?

):
For the first time in more than a decade, a Hungarian government has said something about the euro that markets can actually plan around.
Prime Minister Peter Magyar’s government has just announced that, later this year, it will present a revised medium-term fiscal framework to meet the criteria for eurozone membership.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/opinio ... nomic-test
Re: Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2026 2:33 pm
by ART
Montgomery Burns wrote: ↑Fri Aug 14, 2026 12:58 pm
I searched and found this thread, and I shall use it (perhaps the title can be edited to 2034-2035?

):
I think the timeline will be roughly this.
Re: Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2026 12:43 pm
by Montgomery Burns
Yes, the mid 2030's seem like the real possibility. It appears Mr Magyar has floated 2030/31 as a possibility, but most analysts do not agree.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary_a ... _from_2026
Re: Hungary 2014-2015
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2026 12:33 am
by Anlage 11
I think Hungary switching from HUF to EUR cannot be changed if the current government stays in power for long enough. Maybe it's only these I know from Hungary, but they have quite some part of their savings in EUR, either in cash or in EUR saving accounts. Maybe the lower inflation of the Euro compared to the Forint could be a "relief" to economy/people (that statement could also be BS, I'm not that deep into economics...)
Let's see where this goes.
Ps. As a fan of commemorative 2€ coins I'm exited to see what the MNB will come up with, tho I will miss the forint coins.