Page 1 of 6

The Avatar History Page

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:33 pm
by !Pretfles!
I' ve noticed that some users change their avatar frequently,
but unfortunately nice pictures are often quick forgotten
also very pretty avatars.
Thats why I created this post,
people can post her their old avatars and update it everytime they change avatar.
That way we can still admire all those nice older images.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:39 pm
by !Pretfles!
I'll start

this was my first
from my favourite film 2001 A Space Odissey

Image


and my second
my dear lion

Image

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:24 pm
by Venga
This is my first and I'm not thinking about changing it. 8)

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:52 am
by nodisch18
I don't remember all my avaters.... :?

but I started with:

Image

I think i also had:

Image (but i'm not sure)

I also had a rather disputed one i don't show... :?

I think i had more. but i don't remember them!

I changed my avater so i have up-dated this page.

Image

Image

Image

This is my current one:
Image

This will be my next avater i think:
Image

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:46 pm
by Schaza
Nice idea, !Pretfles! :)

Just some days ago i put my first avatar to 'on-line'. It's quite bad, so i'm thinking what's next... maybe i do some weird things with my scanner.

Don't be so 8O ! Just thinking about scanning some strange coins... :)

[later edit]

Now i have little bit better... now it's this. I don't have this coin, so i scanned 1865 coin, and changed yearstamp. I also noticed that too big picture takes more space than short message, so i did small picture. It's allmost same size than real coin (resolution 1800x1440).

Damn! I deleted my old, and it's not anymore in my "Recycle Bin" (yes, temporary Windows user). Ok, my previous avatar was Finnish "1 markka" coin from year 1864.

Image

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:05 pm
by Benighted
Think my first was (because i don't know if i had one before this):
Image


My second (and current) avater is:
Image

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:02 pm
by micro
This is my history, as far as I remember:

Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image --> Image

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:20 pm
by Fons
I had a lot of smilie-avatars (Saturn, basketbal, and more)
But I also had this avatar: Image

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:35 am
by avij
My previous avatar was an image I made with 3D Studio a long long time ago. Its colours matched the EBT colours somewhat (see the logo at the top of this page).
Image

My current avatar is somewhat different from most avatars. I have been using that image as my desktop background for all my computers since 1997 or so. Here's a bigger version of the flower and with the background intact. The original can be found from the MS Office 95 CD.
Image

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:37 pm
by Dakkus
I've always had this avatar: Image
Because of what I think an avatar is, I might never be changing mine. (not that changing avatars would be bad as for itself. For some people frequently changing avatars is the best avatar)

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:48 pm
by Ganymede
my avatars:

ImageImage

Some history in all of two days :D

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:33 pm
by airis
My avatars:
My first avatar was a picture of a reindeer. (I didn“t find it anymore.) My second avatar was a logo I found on the net. A weather avatar (micro had a weather avatar before me) was my third one. My next avatar was a picture of a mountain/arctic hare. (Very common animal in Finland.)Then I had a reindeer picture as my avatar. Then I had a smaller version of a picture of autumn colours in Rovaniemi 2004 as my avatar. Later I changed it to a winter picture that I took from the same place.
Image Image ImageImage
Image

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:37 pm
by Aaron
I've been lazy in changing my avatars. The first one was this coat of arms:
Image

After that I changed it to the poro logo.
Image

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:51 am
by Elmo
I'll stay true to my donkey! :)
Image

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:25 am
by ellinoora
My current avatar is my first avatar, if we don't count my first entrance to the forum with my first and too big avatar. Some of you may remember that.. :lol:

Actually I'll probably never forget that embarrasing moment as I realised that. :lol:

edit: the old discussion about my entrance i refered to has been removed, so i took the link away also...