Page 1 of 1

What’s the front of a note?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:44 pm
by emmem
Well the question was posted by our webmaster in another thread started not long ago by Stefan. I just converted this into a poll. 8)

IMHO the front of the bill is the one with the short code. :?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:51 pm
by Stefan
I answered this question in my own post, and I'm doing it again here: the front is the side with the serial number.

But in response to this post, I took a look at some notes, and considered the side with the short code the front after all.
Oops, I've been marking the wrong side... :oops:

Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:24 pm
by pinguino79
You know, I have never thought about it.
My opinion is that the side with the short code looks like a front :?
BTW, when I comment notes on EBT, I never write front and back but bridge side and window side.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:21 pm
by Mauz
The short code side is the front side, according to the European Union website: "Windows and gateways dominate the front side of each banknote... The reverse side of each banknote features a bridge from a particular age".
http://europa.eu.int/euro/html/rubrique ... 00|chap=16