I recommend you check the first bills in the hit list... you should see a surprise.
Hit list moderators will notice that they can now click on a city name and enter its latitude and longitude. From that data, the site can extract the distance traveled by the bill. I will email them shortly to notify them but it will take a little time to enter all the necessary data.
Yes indeed very nice, but i just want to note that it's the shortest distance between the two points and not the distance you need if you travel my (the most common) road.
I've got one hit which reports to be 77.232 KM while my route planner tells me it's 139,8 km.
smh wrote:Yes indeed very nice, but i just want to note that it's the shortest distance between the two points and not the distance you need if you travel my (the most common) road.
I've got one hit which reports to be 77.232 KM while my route planner tells me it's 139,8 km.
Sander
Congratz A VERY nice update!!! Yes, I think that there is something wrong with the calculation of the distance. And how about 77.232 Km = 77232 km or 77,232 Km??
Last edited by bhoeyb on Fri May 31, 2002 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But I do think it's not working properly. I do know with 100% certainty that the distance between Nieuwpoort and Mechelen (see the latest hit) is far more than 9,8km. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more. I can't seem to fix it anywhere.
But I do think it's not working properly. I do know with 100% certainty that the distance between Nieuwpoort and Mechelen (see the latest hit) is far more than 9,8km. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more. I can't seem to fix it anywhere.
Err.. we'll I'm using a greater circle algorithm which I didn't check... I admit ! I'll have a look at it when I have some time.
Or can somone just check the distance on a real example of a hit ?
It looks good!! But I'm a bit new here on the site, so it took some time to see the hitlist. Maybe a bigger (or better functionally) menu is usefull... You have to click too many times to see the info you want.
DoubleYou wrote:It looks good!! But I'm a bit new here on the site, so it took some time to see the hitlist. Maybe a bigger (or better functionally) menu is usefull... You have to click too many times to see the info you want.
Well.. this is an issue indeed. There is actually too much information on the site now I think !
And the menu is already too long so... ?
Javascripting!! Is that possible within PHP actually?.... Ow by the way, when I login I click "autologin" but every time I have to login by myself: the autologin doesn't work with me. And I have cookies enabled, so...
smh wrote:Yes indeed very nice, but i just want to note that it's the shortest distance between the two points and not the distance you need if you travel my (the most common) road.
I've got one hit which reports to be 77.232 KM while my route planner tells me it's 139,8 km.
Sander
Congratz A VERY nice update!!! Yes, I think that there is something wrong with the calculation of the distance. And how about 77.232 Km = 77232 km or 77,232 Km??
obviously 77,232 KM of course
I haven't checked if that is the real distance. I excpected a bit more, but definately not as much as the 139,8 over the road.
EuroBillTracker wrote:Well.. this is an issue indeed. There is actually too much information on the site now I think !
And the menu is already too long so... ?
Sorry? Too much information? I don't think so. Maybe a more arranged / userfriendly menu like DoubleYou said is a way to solve this problem. For example: Put the language selection only on the "first" page. It is only necessary when you come to EBT for the first time or when you've to log in.
A menu item like diffusion is a part of the statistics (my opinion) .
Maybe a javascript popout menu is usefull. Or XML, like the msdn (microsoft developer network) site (not so beatiful, my opinion). Then you don't need to make your menu bigger, javascript just gives you the options. EuroBillTracker has seen my site already, I'm not giving the site address it's advertising, but something like that could be usefull.
EuroBillTracker wrote:Well.. this is an issue indeed. There is actually too much information on the site now I think !
And the menu is already too long so... ?
Sorry? Too much information? I don't think so. Maybe a more arranged / userfriendly menu like DoubleYou said is a way to solve this problem. For example: Put the language selection only on the "first" page. It is only necessary when you come to EBT for the first time or when you've to log in.
A menu item like diffusion is a part of the statistics (my opinion) .
It would be a nightmare to handle the multiple languages with graphics
EuroBillTracker wrote:
It would be a nightmare to handle the multiple languages with graphics
In my opinion the multilanguage feature should be a priority of the site; so if graphics make the web site unmanageble, better not use it(moreover, graphics make the site heavier and slower).
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.