Page 1 of 4
Special Bills
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:59 pm
by DoubleYou
Does anyone has entered a special bill (like a Vatican one or another little country)?
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:12 pm
by Skint
This kind of note does not exist.
right
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:33 pm
by rlaurenssen
That's right, they don't exist. There are even not any luxemburg bills as far as I know.
Rob.
no specials?
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:58 am
by DoubleYou
So there are no special bills??? Maybe someone has entered a special serial number then?
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:56 pm
by Skint
What do you mean ?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:53 pm
by TC
do you think about a special serial number like :" z123456789" or u000009999"???
specials
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:50 pm
by DoubleYou
Yep that's what I mean.
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:21 pm
by Stefan
I don't really think the ECB would print notes with that sort of serial. They'd probably rather go for something more unique than 1234567890 or like that. Heck, if I got a bill with serial 1234567890 I wouldn't think it was real...
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:36 pm
by Tiger
bwah....
most people don't even look at the serial number of their bills...
Even I don't, except when I insert them on the site

(and when I recieve them I always check the countrycode)
Re: Special Bills
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:51 am
by K3lvin
DoubleYou wrote:Does anyone has entered a special bill (like a Vatican one or another little country)?
Do you mean something like this one:
Here's more info about it:
http://www.milliondollarbill.com/euros01.html
Pretty cheap, they sell those for only $18.50

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:01 am
by BossaNova
Tiger wrote:bwah....
most people don't even look at the serial number of their bills...
Even I don't, except when I insert them on the site

(and when I recieve them I always check the countrycode)
that's true, and I've already entered a note with 4 consecutives 1s!
I think that was the funniest serial number I saw...
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:02 am
by Tiger
hehe

I had once a note with 2222x22

and I've some with 000 in it. (2 or 3 I think)
Kinda cool

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:56 am
by airis
I´ve got a bill with 2222.
Speaking about serial numbers. I once got two French 20 euro notes from an ATM. I entered the bills into database. Then I looked the serial numbers and noticed that only one number was different.
They must have traveled a long way together.
Well, I finally separated them.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:12 pm
by EuroBillTracker
airis wrote:I´ve got a bill with 2222.
Speaking about serial numbers. I once got two French 20 euro notes from an ATM. I entered the bills into database. Then I looked the serial numbers and noticed that only one number was different.
They must have traveled a long way together.
Well, I finally separated them.

I'd say the banks still haven't circulated all the bills. Did they smell or look new ?
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:21 pm
by Tiger
I get lots of (almost) uncirculated bills....
My dad is a doctor, and many people go to the bank, getting some fresh bills to pay him.
So most of the bills I get are almost new, just 1 transaction made
In shops I get a lot more used bills, sometimes they are really rumpled...