Page 1 of 3
What was your first transaction in Euro?
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:47 pm
by Chiel
Mine was the 1 Euro entrance fee for the ´nieuwjaarsduik`, (new year dive) in the North Sea. Scheveningen 1-1-2002
Re: What was your first transaction in Euro?
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:05 pm
by Flip the Coin
Chiel wrote:Mine was the 1 Euro entrance fee for the ´nieuwjaarsduik`, (new year dive) in the North Sea. Scheveningen 1-1-2002
I was in the nightshift when the new year started and the first transaction was getting fresh new euro's from the 'giromaat' on my way home, just after 7 'o clock on newyearsday. The same day, in the evening, I bought a packet of cigarettes, for the first time paying with euro's.
Nico
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:19 pm
by Tiger
In the 1st of january I was in France on vacation...
My first euros were french, and my first transaction was in a restaurant in a small city near Carcassonne/Limoux (Aude)...
But unfortunately they couldn't return in euros and they just gave me french francs back
Mja....
first
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:55 pm
by DoubleYou
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:00 am
by Ernst
I spent my first several euros a few days before January 1st on a automatic cigarette distributor in Bonn (Germany) that already accepted euros. (Actually german cigarette machines accepted any combination of euro and DM back then, the conversion rate was of course approximated with 1:2, so that it was actually cheaper to pay in euros)
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:16 am
by wouter
my first transaction was on january 1 st on a beer in a bar i tend to visit regulary
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:21 pm
by pinguino79
Good topic
2nd of January I bought a comic book in a newsstand, then I went to buy a pack of cigarettes in the near shop.
But I want to tell you this (worth reading it): I went to cinema, and the guy accepted liras only

, and he refused my euros

. The funny part? The cinema was called "Europa"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:18 pm
by BossaNova1
mine is not big deal, 10 euros in gas in the morning of 1st january!
paid with 20, 10 in exchange, but I remember that the guy said I was the first person to pay in euros, it was early in the morning, I got 25 fresh, new euros from the ATM and went to the gas station...

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:23 pm
by Olivier
Tiger wrote:In the 1st of january I was in France on vacation...
My first euros were french, and my first transaction was in a restaurant in a small city near Carcassonne/Limoux (Aude)...
Nice area!
The cassoulet of Carcassonne is the best ever! :-a
My first transaction in euros took place on january 6th only.
I was coming back from Chicago. I bought a ticket of metro from Roissy (CDG) to my home... with some coins of a eurokit I bought on december 14th !
Olivier
Re: first
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:24 pm
by Olivier
How was it possible?

I thought no bill could be available before 2002!?
Olivier
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:11 pm
by Donald
I had to stay at home with a broken pelvis through all January. On the 9th of January I payed 386.54 € for the ambulance using my computer next to the bed.
My first cash transaction was probably for a newspaper on the 8th of February.
Re: first
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:34 pm
by TC
Olivier wrote:
How was it possible?

I thought no bill could be available before 2002!?
Olivier
the 14 december 2001 i had in my possession 2 "starter kit" (25 coins of 2 and 1 euro more 50 cents and more and more 20-10-5-2-1 cents) AND
50 bills of 5 and 50 bills of 10
Why?? because liberal and commercail job have the possibility to reserve euro for "training" in Belgium ...
My first use? the 2 january ... with my first patient

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:35 pm
by TC
PS i hope that donald feel beter now...
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:11 am
by Tiger
Olivier wrote:Tiger wrote:In the 1st of january I was in France on vacation...
My first euros were french, and my first transaction was in a restaurant in a small city near Carcassonne/Limoux (Aude)...
Nice area!
The cassoulet of Carcassonne is the best ever! :-a
My first transaction in euros took place on january 6th only.
I was coming back from Chicago. I bought a ticket of metro from Roissy (CDG) to my home... with some coins of a eurokit I bought on december 14th !
Olivier
The specific city is Quillan, my parents have got a bungalow there.
In other words, I went there all my life, every vacation...
I spent EVERY holiday there, apart from some skiholidays in Suisse or Austria.
Now we go even skiing there in Quillan

(aarg, 1 hour in the car before you get actually on the ski fields

)
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:11 pm
by Mauz
How active, I was resting on New Year's Day... On the morning of January 2nd I got Euros at ATM, spent my last Finnish Marks at the luncheteria and then paid my grocery bill with a shiny new 50 Euro note.