Page 1 of 4
What is your ring tone?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:35 am
by Viperazzi
Another fun poll topic... I was editing some mp3 files on my computer to use as my cell phone's ring tone and I figured I'd like to know what's ringing in your cell phone. If you want, you can also tell if it is a traditional, polyphonic (midi) or a wav/mp3 file ringtone. Tell the ringtone which rings when someone who you haven't specified a ringtone with calls.
My ring tone is currently a short mp3 file of Don Henley's classic The Boys of Summer.
Edit: It's an mp3, not a wav file...

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:11 am
by BogPoet
I actually have two, as I have two cell phones.
In one, I have "The youth of the nation" by POD (monophonic - it's an old Nokia 3330). In the other (Nokia 3300), I have "The everlasting gaze" by the Smashing Pumpkins, on MP3.
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:37 am
by N0W1K
I have a poliphonic tone "Heavenly", it's a Nokia ring tone
the other day a friend sent me "del pita" ring tone

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:40 am
by Batavorum
I have at the moment two cellphones as I am waiting for number exchanging between my old (nokia 3330) and new (sonyericsson Z600) phone.
The old one is tradditional (a pipetune "the black bear"). The new one a still a standard one.
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:55 am
by avij
Madonna - Time stood still (MP3)
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:09 am
by Divine
I have an old Nokia 3330 and I'm not intending to get a new model unless this one ceases working. I 'composed' a few ring tones there myself:
- general tone is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by The Beatles
- tone when my wife's calling is the Star Wars theme
- when my boss calls it's the Imperial March from Star Wars as well
- the tone for my brother's number is music from an old C=64 game, Wizardry
- when my good friend calls it's the theme from a great Finnish movie Arvottomat (The Worthless, 1982), which we both really dig
- the tone for couple of other friends is the guitar riff from a song by Finnish band Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus: Surupuku
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:03 am
by Dakkus
I've got several ringing and message tones.
When my girlfriend calls, one of Nokia's default ringing tones is played. That song is "Diversion.mid". It's polyphonic and has the sounds stolen from some space shooter. It's just piu piu piu piu piu. Which is so irritating that if someone hears it, he immediatelly brings the phone to me so that I can answer as fast as possible ;)
When anyone else calls,
Olen Omena is played.
As a text message tone I've got a recording made by my girlfriend. It goes this way: "Moi rakas....... Sulle tuli viesti", which means: "Hello, honey....... You got a new message"
If someone sends me a message in MSN or ICQ, whirl.mid is played. That's a lot like the standard nokia text message tone, but not as loud.
And if someone sends me a personal message in IRC, blossom.mid is played. It's just a "blblblblbl". I kinda like it :)
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:11 am
by N0W1K
Dakkus wrote:When anyone else calls,
Olen Omena is played.
when you are on the street or in a restaurant and someone call you, don't you feel that everybody it's looking at you????

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:03 pm
by hoppa
on my phone ABBA starts playing money money money if someone calls. It's with the tradional beeps but you can recognize it.
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:04 am
by Dakkus
N0W1K wrote:Dakkus wrote:When anyone else calls,
Olen Omena is played.
when you are on the street or in a restaurant and someone call you, don't you feel that everybody it's looking at you???? :lol: :lol:
When I was at my girlfriend's parents' summer cottage eating dinner and someone happened to call me, there were quite odd faces, I must admit :D
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:06 pm
by pinguino79
Polyphonic ringtone on a Nokia 7210: Dido - White flag.
I think I should change it (I've had this one for months) but I like this one too much, so I keep it.
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:15 pm
by Fundamental
I have many Polyphonic ringtones.. but my favorite ones are those which my girlfriend has made herself

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:50 pm
by Apila^
Metallica - Seek and destroy, polyphonic

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:31 pm
by knospe
I've quit a lot ringtones. Just for nearly everbody a personal one.
By the way: They are all mp3's which are played very nicely by my SE P900...
Here a some of them:
Standard(for people how arn't important enough too get thier own one)
for my girlfriend
for my best friend
for parents and stuff
for an other friend
And finally for
SMS and stuff
But I also like this one:
kinda nice!?
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:21 am
by avij
I grew tired of my Madonna ringtone today when I got a few too many work-related calls. My current one is Edyta Gorniak - One And One (
lyrics,
complete MP3,
short edited ringtone).