Page 1 of 1

Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:38 pm
by smh
Topic says it all.

I found the following on this forum.

13-02 10.000
04-03 20.000
22-03 30.000
11-05 100.000
03-07 200.000

So almost 200.000 bills in 6 months (but less then 2 months to do half of that. So with the current pace we'll have about half a million bills by the end of the year. Of course, as more users are joining we can have a lot more.

Any idea? Make your guess

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:14 pm
by Olivier
smh wrote:
Any idea? Make your guess
I guess 854 753 bills on december 31st at midnight ! :D

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:20 am
by HNL
smh wrote:Any idea? Make your guess
Hehe, you like "guess-topics" :mrgreen: ?
Only guesses on or before 31-07-2002 23:59 CET are valid :wink: ?

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:38 am
by francky
Olivier wrote:
smh wrote:
Any idea? Make your guess
I guess 854 753 bills on december 31st at midnight ! :D
1 000 001 bills at the same time

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:43 am
by DoubleYou
I'll guess too, ehm, 930.000. Well, at the end of the year we have to search for this topic again :lol:

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:38 pm
by smh
HNL wrote:Hehe, you like "guess-topics" :mrgreen: ?
Only guesses on or before 31-07-2002 23:59 CET are valid :wink: ?
Yes i like them. But i'm not gonna be the refree this time. But if someone really wants to make a contest of it there has to be a time limit. It will be much easier to guess in november comapred to now.

But i don't think we'll be able to make 1.000.000 bills by then. I think we should be happy to have 750.000

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:46 pm
by Flip the Coin
smh wrote:Any idea? Make your guess
666.666 bills on 31-12-2002 23:59:59 seems to be a nice guess.. :wink:

Nico

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:18 am
by wouter
Flip the Coin wrote:
smh wrote:Any idea? Make your guess
666.666 bills on 31-12-2002 23:59:59 seems to be a nice guess.. :wink:

Nico
hmm I'm going for 888.888 at the same time :wink:

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:35 pm
by ag_pt
smh wrote: 13-02 10.000
04-03 20.000
22-03 30.000
11-05 100.000
03-07 200.000
Any idea? Make your guess
Let's see. If this is a geometric series (this is mathematical slang), then if we analyse that in the last period we had 1886,8 notes per day, and this value rised in the sequence days:notes
19:10000 18:10000 50:70000 53:100000 182:???????
we have, as
1-jan-2003 is 182 days away from 3rd July, and
the next term in the series is 2310,9 as predicted by Excel,
hence,
we take the last term to get the total of 620580 notes at New Year's Eve.
With this scientific approach, I claim the first prize! :wink:
But remember, I used Microsoft software...

Regards to all ebt's
ag_pt
Lisboa, Portugal

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:27 pm
by emmem
ag_pt wrote: Let's see. If this is a geometric series (this is mathematical slang), then if we analyse that in the last period we had 1886,8 notes per day, and this value rised in the sequence days:notes
19:10000 18:10000 50:70000 53:100000 182:???????
we have, as
1-jan-2003 is 182 days away from 3rd July, and
the next term in the series is 2310,9 as predicted by Excel,
hence,
we take the last term to get the total of 620580 notes at New Year's Eve.
With this scientific approach, I claim the first prize! :wink:
But remember, I used Microsoft software...

Regards to all ebt's
ag_pt
Lisboa, Portugal
Looks very scientific indeed. 8O

But I think you simplified it to much. There are some factors you have to take into account. You have to link it with the number of users at each point in time. And there’s also an important economic factor like the exchange rate between the Euro and the Dollar. :wink:

Therefore I think 539.417,5 bills at new year’s eve is a more realistic figure.

The half bill is because of a user who started entering a note at 23:59:57 who only finishes entering it at 00:00:03. :D

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:56 pm
by avij
ag_pt wrote:the total of 620580 notes at New Year's Eve.
Nice guess, but unfortunately your estimate is a bit off, as the correct number of notes at the end of the year will be 594 573. I used the trustworthy Stetson & Sleeve method for determining the exact amount of notes.

Re: Number of bills at the end of the year.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:16 pm
by smh
avij wrote:
ag_pt wrote:the total of 620580 notes at New Year's Eve.
Nice guess, but unfortunately your estimate is a bit off, as the correct number of notes at the end of the year will be 594 573. I used the trustworthy Stetson & Sleeve method for determining the exact amount of notes.
I'll make sure i've some notes left on dec. 31st to make sure your method is wrong :wink: