Page 1 of 3

Meeting location preferences

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:24 pm
by avij
You can vote for your favourite city in the voting booth at EBT.

Here's some information about the Condorcet voting method. For more information about the whole EBTM05 city selection process, please have a look at the Candidate cities topic.
electionmethods.org wrote:In the Condorcet election method, voters rank the candidates in order of preference. The vote counting procedure then takes into account each preference of each voter for one candidate over another. It does so by conceptually breaking the election down into a series of separate races between each possible pairing of candidates, hence it is sometimes referred to as a "pairwise" method.
If you wish, you can publish your preferences by posting to this topic, but the official result can be found from the voting booth page on EBT. The online vote counter can be used to interpret the results until I manage to write the needed features directly to EBT.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:39 am
by giberski
Can I also vote for my second opinion? Of course it would be great having the meeting here, but if that doesn't seem interesting, can I then also vote for Finland?

Giberski

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:43 am
by avij
Yes, that's exactly the purpose of this poll, ie. you can cast a vote like "1: Leiden, 2: Tampere, 3: Helsinki".

.. just that the polling page isn't ready yet, it turned out it needed a bit debugging.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:45 am
by giberski
Well my votes are just entered, 1. Leiden, 2 Helsinki and 3 Tampere.

Giberski

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:40 pm
by Elmo
giberski wrote:1. Leiden, 2 Helsinki and 3 Tampere.
Same here! Ik have been doubting though: on one hand I want to show my
town to everybody, but on the other hand I would like to go to Finland,
because I have never been there. But my urge to show everybody my town
is stronger.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:54 pm
by HNL
1. Helsinki, 2. Tampere, 3. Leiden

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:55 pm
by jabosa2
When the meeting is in Leiden I will try to go there. But when the meeting is far away from my hometown it will be very difficult for me to come, because it costs me more than one day.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:18 pm
by Ralf
For me it doesn't matter, but I must have a look if a flight to Helsinki or Tampre is cheaper.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:56 pm
by Mr Euro
1. Helsinki 2. Tampere 3. Leiden

I have never been to Finland and I definately like to go! I use to live near the Dutch border, so I've been there a few times...

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:04 pm
by groentje
I'm afraid I won't come. But if I could, my preferences would be: Helsinki, Leiden, Tampere. Perhaps Tampere is very interesting, but Helsinki attracts me more.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:09 pm
by Asiamaniac
And here are the results of the Wiesbaden-Jury (one person only... :D ?

1. Tampere 2. Helsinki 3. Leiden

(I have never been to Finland before and I would like to. I guess that Tampere is a kind of EBT-capital and moreover, cheaper than a capital. But if Leiden makes the race I will certainly travel there, too, if time permits.)

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:32 pm
by Ernst
1. Leiden 2.Helsinki 3.Tampere

I hope i will be able to join the meeting no matter where. Leiden would of course be the easiest for me. My favorite lowcost airline has flights to Helsinki, therefore second place. Ryanair flies to Tampere, Franfurt-Hahn is far but possible.....

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:28 pm
by Speukes
I've been in Rotterdam and Amsterdam this year, so I'd rather go to the Netherlands in 2006.

1. Tampere 2. Helsinki 3. Leiden

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:25 pm
by CCCP
1. Helsinki 2. Tampere 3. Leiden

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:41 pm
by Fons
My choices:

1. Leiden
2. Tampere
3. Helsinki