Page 1 of 2
Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 am
by eddydevries
Een tijdje geleden heeft De Nederlandsche Bank ons uitgenodigd om ze te bezoeken.
Omdat ze al contact hadden met het bestuur en het totaal aantal bezoekers beperkt is, zijn we begonnen om te kijken wie er van het bestuur kan komen.
Er hebben ze zich maar 6 mensen aangemeld, terwijl er plaats is voor ca. 10 mensen. Er kunnen dus nog zo'n 5 meer mensen mee.
De bijeenkomst is op
vrijdag 26 januari.
Programma:
- Ze hadden het voorstel gedaan om om 11 uur te beginnen met een wederzijdse kennismaking.
- Daarna bieden zij ons een lunch aan (speciaal omdat er een aantal net aangekomen zullen zijn).
- Na de lunch zullen de presentaties beginnen (zowel van ons als van de DNB) over de verspreiding van de biljetten.
- Het plan is ook de machines te bekijken die elk serienummer op de biljetten leest (ongeveer 2000 per minuut).
- Ik krijg nog een gedetailleerd programma, dat zijn ze nog aan het maken.
Omdat er mensen vanuit heel Europa komen, zal deze bijeenkomst in het Engels zijn.
- We zijn van plan, om achteraf nog in een restaurant te gaan eten (op eigen kosten).
Omdat het aantal bezoekers voor de veiligheid was beperkt tot een tiental mensen heb ik gevraagd of ze gegevens (misschien een kopie van onze paspoorten) nodig hadden.
I.v.m. de beveiliging hebben ze de volgende gegevens van ons nodig:
- volledige naam van de bezoekers
- nummers van de paspoorten of ID-kaarten (maar ze hoeven er geen kopie van te hebben)
- Ze hebben ze minimaal 5 dagen van te voren nodig (om er zeker van te zijn, denk ik dat we ze beter uiterlijk op vrijdag 19 januari versturen).
- EN vergeet niet om je ID op die dag mee te nemen (zonder ID mag je niet naar binnen)
De meeting is in het hoofdgebouw (
Westeinde 1).
Omdat het nog zo kort dag is, heb ik dit op het Nederlandstalige forum gezet.
Aan het einde van deze week moet ik de gegevens al doorsturen, dus we moeten redelijk snel zijn.
Er is nog plaats voor zo'n 5 mensen, dus laat het maar weten als je komt (de eerste vijf kunnen mee).
Vergeet dan niet om je naam en paspoort-nummer aan me door te geven (via PM, niet hier posten) en je paspoort / ID-kaart op 26 januari mee te nemen.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:04 pm
by lmviterbo
This may be the most interesting meeting ever. I'm now searching and checking my options, so that I can tell you whether it's a viable travel for me or not.
I found a flight on Swiss that takes me to Amsterdam from Lisbon and back for 112€ (with a nice stopover at Zurich), which is not bad.
Can anyone recommend me an inexpensive stay at Amsterdam, within reachable distance from DNB, and also a way for me to go there at night from the Schiphol Airport? I'm arriving late (22:35 is the flight arrival time to AMS). I have used Couchsurfing, AirBnB and hostels before, and I don't need anything fancy, just a place to stay for 2 or 3 nights.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:17 pm
by Raumi
lmviterbo wrote:I'm arriving late (22:35 is the flight arrival time to AMS).
I'm arriving on Thursday too, and one hour later than you, so I hope there will be no problem with the transport from the airport to the city itself.
I've book a hotel room using
Trivago, but it wasn't an easy issue. I mean, it wasn't easy to find anything cheap. I set "distance to Heineken Experience" as a reference, since I found in Google Maps it's not far away from the
bank itself.
Hope you find it helpfull.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 am
by 3513
There are direct trains from Schiphol to Amsterdam Central Station approx. every 15 min until around 00:45. After that time, there will be one train every hour. So that should not be a problem for both of you. The journey will take only 15 minutes!
Tickets can be bought from machines in Schiphol Plaza (the main hall which connects the airport with the train platforms). Or can buy them online, even mobile tickets are available. See
https://www.ns.nl/producten/producten/p/e-ticket for more information.
Regular public transport in the city runs until approx. 00:30. After that busses will continue running on a night schedule. See
https://www.gvb.nl/ontdek-amsterdam/tourist-guide for more information. You could also plan your public transport trip on Google Maps.
I dont know about hotels/hostels/airbnb/couchsurfing in Amsterdam, I think you should be able to find something reasonable!
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:37 am
by lmviterbo
Thanks, Raumi, 3513 (and eddydevries in pm) for all your kind help!
3513, that information is precious.
I have now sent messages to four Couchsurfing hosts, and I hope I get answered today.
EDIT: I meant eddy, not ErGo.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:35 pm
by eddydevries
With arriving at Schiphol Airport, this ticket might be something to consider:
Amsterdam Travel Ticket.
It includes:
- train or bus (line 397) or nightbus (N97) Schiphol-Amsterdam
- all metros, trams, day city buses, night buses.
- day: €16
- days: €21
- days: €26
Valid from midnight until 04.00 on the day after last valid day (so for 28, 52 or 76 hours)
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 am
by lmviterbo
I already told eddydevries in pm but here it goes, officially: count me in, my flight is booked, and I found a Couchsurfing host too.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:50 pm
by eddydevries
Om er zeker van te zijn dat we op tijd zijn heb ik de lijst met 7 namen en paspoortnummers naar DNB gemaild.
Misschien dat de deadline zondag pas is, maar ik heb hun antwoord op die vraag nog niet gekregen.
Als dat zo mocht zijn, kan ik eventueel een geüpdatete lijst versturen.
To be sure to be on time, I mailed a list with the 7 names and numbers to the DNB.
Maybe the deadline is Sunday, but I haven't receive their answer to that question yet.
If so, we can send an "updated list".
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm
by Raumi
lmviterbo wrote: count me in, my flight is booked.
Maravilhoso!
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:02 pm
by Elmo
Please count me in as well!
For the international EBT'ers: since the Netherlands are a total disaster (to say the least...) for you, I have taken the liberty to order 1000x

at my bank. This way, you are able to get a larger amount of

in the Netherlands!

Obviously, these are yours to enter!

The only thing you have to do is bring some euro bills* from your country, and use it to change them for

with me!
*These euro bills are yours to enter. I will spend them somewhere in the Netherlands, so they may become nice hits!
Eddy, I have sent you a PM.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:51 pm
by lmviterbo
Elmo, that is very generous of you!!
I will accept your kind offer, of course, and will bring along with me as many notes as you want, from the denominations you prefer (if you have no preference I will bring

and

). If you so wish, I can also bring some unregistered notes: any preference for denomination?
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm
by Elmo
To me, it doesn't matter which denomination you bring with you.

and

are fine for me.
You won't need to bring unregistered bills with you. If I happen to find one of the bills you bring with you, I'd rather have a hit with you than a boomerang hit!

Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 pm
by GWR7007
Would have liked to join but I don't have time unfortunately (and a same-day trip from Münster is not really worth it).
Anyway: have fun during the meeting and maybe there's one of my notes among Elmo's notes

.
Maybe someone has the time to take some photos (where allowed) to give some impressions for those of us who could not join

.
Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am
by Crazy Bob
Although I would have loved to join, I simply don't have time...

Re: Extra "meeting": DNB
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:58 am
by eddydevries
The restaurant for dinner has been booked.
We'll start at 18.30 CET at
Cafe Kale (it's a 200m walk from DNB).
You can find more on
their website
I'm sorry their website is in Dutch, but I plan to translate
the menu, so you'll know what you can order.
The programm has been changed a bit. Here you can see the new version.

- Programme visit EuroBillTrackerGroup to DNB v2.JPG (102.57 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
See you all tomorrow.