Page 1 of 1
Getting Euros in Jersey and Guernsey
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:43 pm
by tralla
Hello all,
I will be travelling Jersey and Guernsey soon and of course want to put them on my map. Is there an easy way to get Euro notes there? Is the Euro accepted in shops?
Thanks for any hints, tralla
Re: Getting Euros in Jersey and Guernsey
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:09 pm
by Montgomery Burns
A post from 2016:
Jan010 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Saint Helier (Jersey) two ATMs with Euros:
* Post office in Broad Street
* Thomas Cook in Charing Cross
Both only
Edit - so I got a bit curious, and did a bit of googling on those locations. The Street View "footage" is from 2010, making it a bit useless at this point. Further googling reveals that the Thomas Cook location is,
unsurprisingly, gone. The store in question has been occupied by Santander bank.
The Post Office source should still be there, as I saw a picture from March 2021 in which the multi-currency ATM is clearly visible just to the side of the main entrance.
Re: Getting Euros in Jersey and Guernsey
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:15 pm
by tralla
Thanks a lot for quoting the post *and* doing the research!

Re: Getting Euros in Jersey and Guernsey
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:30 pm
by tralla
Hello all,
I can now answer my own question.
Jersey: The ATM at the Post Office in St. Helier is still there, advertising GBJ, USD, EUR. However, it only offered GBJ with my Visa Debit Card. I was assured it "should" give me Euros, but.... In the end, I changed "part" of a 100 Euro note into GBJ and got the rest back in pristine 5-Euro notes (M - CL).
Guernsey: The only place to lay your hands on Euro notes is the BATIF currency exchange at the Tourist Information Center at St. Peter Port. They had no problem in changing a 50 Euro note into ten Fivers (M - MD).
Re: Getting Euros in Jersey and Guernsey
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:35 pm
by Montgomery Burns
Excellent. I took the liberty of quoting you in that other thread.
