Page 1 of 3
There's a bill with three hits !
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:34 pm
by EuroBillTracker
Looks rather legit to me

Re: There's a bill with three hits !
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:36 pm
by francky
EuroBillTracker wrote:Looks rather legit to me

ditto for me
Now, it just miss map

Re: There's a bill with three hits !
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:42 pm
by EuroBillTracker
francky wrote:
Now, it just miss map
It's there... below the text

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:03 pm
by Skylimit
If you take a close look at the route it is taking ... It's well on its way to enter Belgium ... I think this must be my first hit

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:41 pm
by Boudie
When will be the next '3 hit' ?

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:03 am
by Skylimit
Well the odds are small. Currently you score a hit after entering 1000 bills. Some don't have a hit after 5000+ bills, others score a hit with the first bill they enter.
Since we already have a 3 hit bill, after only 100 real hits, I would say the odds for another legit 3 hit bill soon are rather small.
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:04 am
by Finn
What do you think about 4th hit for this note, still legit?
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:10 am
by Donald
Finn wrote:What do you think about 4th hit for this note, still legit?
Just happened. I read Finn's post, looked to the hit list and, presto, there was the 4th hit. I smell a rat.
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:07 pm
by Skylimit
More funny, it was a user that just registered, and immediately registered about 600 to 700 bills on one day. (Probably the brother of Che Gevara)
I already mentioned in a PM some time ago, that it does not mean the 3 hit bill was a fake, but only the fourth hit was forced there by a serialist, deliberately trying to get our 3 hit bill moderated.
That is my view... it could also be Thomassed.
(the Thomasses send bills to eachother, in order to create a sociogram - woombelists do the same, but 100-fold, in order to hurt our database)
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:18 pm
by Finn
You're right, I didn't check when the 4th person joined. After all, there's only four hidden digits, if you know the algorithm you don't even need to try all combinations to create a fake hit.
Check Complete Lists for France, either he got a brand new stack from the bank which is impossible in this case or then he's making up serials.
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:35 pm
by brunorodrigues
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
2002-10-02 20:28:19. X0x998100xxxP004D2 Paris ( France, 75000)
he's got to be making them up. having 4 x's on the shown note number gives us 9999 different possibilities to make a hit come true (actually a little bit less, since note numbers don't tend to be consecutive and the algorithm blah blah blah)
perhaps this coud be changed to 5 x's, multiplying by aprox. 10 the factor. and impose some sort of limit of notes inserted by user (like a sliding ruler or something of x notes per user per hour) . we've seen people inserting legitimate consecutive notes (and keeping photos for the record). we've seen people insert a bunch of notes in a row. these people would surely understand imposing this kind of limit and they could insert more notes at a later time (hey, I do it all the time, I keep adding them to an excel sheet and insert some from time to time).
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:59 pm
by Donald
How does Where's George handle these problems? Does anybody know?
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:46 pm
by MDeen
brunorodrigues wrote:he's got to be making them up. having 4 x's on the shown note number gives us 9999 different possibilities to make a hit come true (actually a little bit less, since note numbers don't tend to be consecutive and the algorithm blah blah blah)
perhaps this coud be changed to 5 x's, multiplying by aprox. 10 the factor. and impose some sort of limit of notes inserted by user (like a sliding ruler or something of x notes per user per hour) . we've seen people inserting legitimate consecutive notes (and keeping photos for the record). we've seen people insert a bunch of notes in a row. these people would surely understand imposing this kind of limit and they could insert more notes at a later time (hey, I do it all the time, I keep adding them to an excel sheet and insert some from time to time).
He is making them up. Look at earlier notes, excactly the same. (I've been looking at notes 372500 to 372510.
Adding another x is not really a solution. I can easily make a program that generates all possible numbers from X0000000000 to X9999999999, put them in a text file and enter them automatically. Ultimate Woombelism and definately to get a hit.
We need a strategy to moderate this sort of behaviour.
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:33 pm
by Skylimit
Well, it is possible to enter consecutive numbers. If you got the notes from a fresh bunch. But you can never have a hit, as second, third or
x-th person, if you have entered from a fresh bunch.
So, consecutive is allowed, but if you score a hit, you must have been the first that entered them.
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:47 pm
by Tiger
Hmmmz, I don't think you can do that everywhere.
I got some notes from shops, other people, etc, with consecutive serials.
I know they weren't new right out of the banks.
My dad sometimes gets consecutive notes from patients, and if one of them would be active on EBT, and I register my notes here, I could get 2 consecutive hits...
I think when you register 2 or 3 consecutive notes it shouldn't be moderated, but when more than 10 consecutive notes it's rather obvious you got those notes fresh from the bank, or you're cheating
